Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Oh, and I posted my 9 day post op scar pic in the scar stages thread, any of you have bruising like that? I know I bruise easily, but I'm looking for hope that it will fade pretty soon?

Welcome, Eric! We were all hiding from ya! :-) kidding

Glad you found us. It is hard to keep up sometimes.

Feeling free to jump in and start keeping us in line! We are a bit rowdy.

hey lap happy I am with you on the weight loss.....only ten pounds down starting from the pre op diet.....it seems like I stopped losing as soon as I started mushies. It was getting me discouraged so I have put away the stupid scale, and I am going to wait until I go to the doctors office! I just can't risk getting the scale obssession/depression....because I am getting hungry!!!!!

Cathy.....I felt like hell.....the shoulder pain and gas pains were the worst....but after a week you really start perking up....just try to take it easy which is hard right before Christmas!

Steph.....congrats on the t-shirt.....that is so cool and such a great feeling....I can't wait to feel that way again!!!! Tired of feeling dumpy in my stained huge gray sweats....but I refuse to buy more clothes at this size!!!!

Ddee.....good luck at doctor today....hope the scales bring you hope, happiness, and renewed vigor to fight the good fight.....it is hard to lose your best friend...I too am dealing with that and what do I do with myself when the munchies sets in....I think it will get easier the more we resist the more powerful we will feel!

Steph I just read your post and I gotta tell you what happened yesterday....I was too embarrassed to post it here....but did post it on a compulsive eating thread! Anyway, got up with renewed vigor to really stick to the mushies and eat only 4 oz etc etc. So I take my son to school, and it takes us a good 20 minutes with traffic. I stop to get him Breakfast at my favorite bakery. I get him his usual crossaint (sp) and got my daughter some of the best french toast I have ever in my life eaten. well, she only wanted a half.....they are two huge thick pieces.....then she just licked the whipped cream off the top anyway....but I decided to eat the other half that she didn't. So I ate slow chewed really well....because I was afraid it might get stuck...it is bread after all, the soft doughy kind! So I felt very satisfied. Not hungry and not stuffed. So I was proud of myself! Still one piece left, and I was not going to touch it....so my son decided he wanted it....great, now I won't even be tempted! When we pulled up to school.....there was 3/4 of the piece left....he was full. So there I sit in front of the school scarfing down this french toast....eating like there is no tomorrow. All the way home I start feeling fuller and fuller and my stomach is hurting. I was just so depressed how could I do this? How could I go through major surgery, and risk everything, for nothing.....so mad at myself. Then I got on this site and started reading about pouch dialation and esophogus problems all from over eating and even some slips can cause this. I was so upset I decided I had to go back on Clear Liquids to see if I could get my stomach to shrink back and feel better. Thinking I could have really messed up my body did something to me. The rest of the day I did great! Water and Isopure and broth for dinner. Honestly I think I was so full of food I did not even feel hungry till I went to bed! It really made me feel powerful that I could bounce back from a binge...usually I would just keep going. I know that I will mess up again....it is so hard to be perfect always.....and making meals for my kids that I don't get to eat really sucks!!!! But the band is around my stomach and not my head....and I am going to have to figure out why I compulsively eat and figure out a way to prevent it! This is going to be a hard journey....but I am sure we can all do it!

I am getting banded on the 26th. I will be having questions! I am kina doing this alone and I am a single parent. My mom is going to keep my son for a couple days for me until I get back on my feet. I don't know if I am going to tell others yet. I am actually doing this for my son. I want to be more active and fun with him.

Dawn,

Good for you for getting right back on track!! I can relate to your "episode".....and your post is getting me to post and fess up to my Bad Bandster Behavior. I just got done with my company Potluck!! UGH.....no one here knows I had the surgery, although I did tell one co-worker that I'm on a Diet. So there is EVERYONE w/plates full of food, and I wonder "how am I going to get out of this w/out having to answer questions?" ...so I take a plate and put a little bit of the softest foods there, and sit. I take about 10 tiny bites of food, chew it til its as mushie as can be before I swallow....and moved the rest of my food around on the plate to make it look like I ate more than I did. Then I got up, threw the plate and the rest of the food away, and pretended I had to get back to work ASAP. I didn't even want to LOOK in the direction of the dessert table! That would have been even worse disaster! So now I'm back at my desk...hoping and praying that I didn't do any damage...and wondering how I could have been so stupid to even attempt to try 'real food', even if it was mashed in my mouth! Like you said, I"m going to go right back to liquids...but if this is any indicator of what my upcoming week is going to be like w/my family around, I'm going to need LOTS of support!!! And I had been so proud of myself last night for being able to get through serving my kids pizza for dinner while I enjoyed my lovely Protein shake....UGH!! You're right, it is going to be a hard journey, but hopefully we can all support each other and know that when we screw up, we can always get right back on track!

Welcome Eric, it is a great bunch of people on this thread, it has helped so much answering questions and making me feel like I am feeling "normal".

hey guys,

I just woke up from a nap, gas pains still getting me. walked around my village today, it is so hilly!! My legs where Jello. tiredness hit me like a brick today. Still not hungry at all, I just finished 4 oz of a Protein shake, tried to do 5 oz but couldn't do it. very full right now, too full.

I thnk my pain is getting better though, I don't cringe to get up anymore. so things are looking up for me!! hubby goes back to work on wednesday,I'm so happy that he had 1 1/2 weeks of leave. We were hoping to travel somewhere this weekend, Paris or the Netherlands, but I don't think I am up for the car ride.

my dH made yummy spaghettie for dinner tonight, oh how good it smells. spaghettie is on my mushie stage? weird. I don't think i will give it a try then. I mayjust stick with mushe up sweet potatoes and lower calthings like that. i love all veggies so i think i may enjoy mushies. steamed squashes, sound so good right now. so does tuna in a blender

one quick question- how long does the stomach stay bloated and swollen? My stomach is giant! I look preggo. maybe after the staples come out?

Thanks Butterfly! I am very restless right now. I am not nervous though. I've got to watch so many of you go through it that I feel much more at ease than I thought I would.

You guys don't worry about eating a little bit. Especially those of you who are on mushies! 10 bites of a mushy food is NOT bad. You can't deprive yourself completely or you are going to keep developing more and more cravings and then cave on something really bad.

This diet is a lifestyle change. I do NOT view it as a diet. In fact, I plan on eating foods that everyone else eats... just in smaller portions. I am not going to pump myself full of tasteless mushy lean cuisines... that taste like frozen lumps of proccessed crap.

When the time comes for regular food, I will watch my calories and stay away from processed carbs (white carbs). But I think as long as I eat one chicken nugget and not 10... then there is no reason not to have one. That is the whole point of this band.

Eat normally....

I hope that mindset works... i just have no desire to be on a diet the rest of my life... yuck!

hey honey you seem so calm

i was like a looney bin b4 surgery and i knew i really really wanted it !!!!

dont worry if wobbles do come its like wedding day your not sure doing the right thing but you love idea of the dress ...hehe

i will be rooting for you cant wait for your post saying it all over

big cuddles being sent you will do great x

Dawnae and VA Bandster,

Dont be too hard on yourself, just pick up where you left off and keep going. I am allowed to be on mushies and I was banded on 12-12. He told me I could at 2 days post op. I am losing and have not had any problems. I am not saying you should until your dr says ok, I am just saying it has not affected my band

beversman good luck again

sweethot you seem to be doing good I am with you I could actually get off the couch without tears

oh by the way check out the scars forum to see my scars the pic is bigger than I would like but could not figure out how to down size it tell me if u think my scars and bandages look normal

also I am not swollen much anymore