Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Hermosa #1 - Here is my two cents, for whatever it is worth. Sometimes our husbands / family etc. actually think they are encouraging/ helping / motivating us when they say stuff like that. I know that when I got down to a 14 it was..'well I bet you would like to be wearing a 8' or if I say 'I did 1/2 on the treadmill today' I would hear 'When did you go on it last?'. I don't know if this is the way it is with your DH or not, but sometimes they think by challenging us, they are helping us. They don't realize they are putting more pressure on us.

OR

Maybe his comments have come after the surgery becuase he is feeling a little jealous or insecure. I went through that last time too. I am hoing me and hubby have worked the bugs out of that one.

I hope you are feeling better soon, and you are right things do turn around. That is the joy of marriage right, if you stick around long enough you will see, hear and go through almost anything!

I am sure he doesn't realize he is hurting you but that still doesn't make your pain go away. I hope my 2 cents worth helps.

bandiva,

Thanks for your 2 cents. I do appreciate it. I believe you are right. It is just good to hear from others than just yourself some time. We have only been married for 2 yrs and have seen and heard allot and I know it is only the tip of what can come in a marriage. You know how men's timing can be. thank you. Good luck with your continued weight loss.

hermosa - maybe he is in money shock. I know when I spend a lot of money on something, I obsess over really spending that money. Tell him how you feel when he says that. "When you say things like that it hurts me inside." That's how I do it. Tell him you need his support and his love more than ever. (((HUG))) I hope things get better for you. And keep up the great work girl!

Nat, thanks again for the words of encouragement. Yes, I think he is still shell shocked from the $$ but we are very fortunate and not hurting for $$$. I think it is just his finial summation that i could not do it myself. I keep telling him, this is where we are at and all we can do is move forward. Sometimes it works and other times not so much. I know him and no matter how much $$ we have, he is and will always be a tight wad.

Again, I think my final victory is when I reach my goal. Best of luck again to you and your goals. I am glad we have all found each other.

Have a great nite. Keep us informed.

Wow, it is quiet here today.

Happy Monday everyone. Thinking of Steph and hoping she is doing great!

I had my pre-op appt today. This is it. I am really doing this next week. I cannot believe it still. I talked about the anesthesia since that is what scares me most. Talked about the tube in my throat :::scary::: and the fact that I may be catheterized. Anyone else have a catheter?? I sure hope I won't but if they do, it is not the end of the world. I am officially in countdown mode and feel like I have a lot to do this week to get prepared. I think I am going to request a private room. I was told that it will cost an extra $150 but I think it may be worth it. I have this fear of me snoring or passing loud gas and grossing out my roommate...hahahaha. Sounds silly but I definitely like my space. We'll see. I will think of it as a night in a hotel.

Have a great day everyone. Look forward to hearing how everyone is.

I go meet with Dr Morton today for the first time! My surgery is dec 20th. I can't wait. I hate the pre-op diet, it it hard. I stay hungry..oh well it is worth it!

I got banded 12/06/06

i am fine no pain .. thank got mild almost no gas . but but and but wow i feel nausea . so bad .. can anyone give me adive pls .. really i need some help ..

I havent been banded yet so im sorry no good with advice:cry ,

did they give you any medication for the nausea,its says on my sheet to have no more than 30mls of Fluid at any one sitting and sip it and wait 30 minutes between next drink or you will feel nauseous it probably anesethetic ok im crap at spelling and not helping ..il send loads of hugs and luck your way it day one and no gas pains whoo hoo.

il be joining you on friday

(((Claudia)))

I am sorry you feel lousy. Have you called your surgeon's office??? I would do that first. Are you taking pain meds? I know they usually make me feel like poop! I sure hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted!

Thank you ,

I was told that its normal . I have no pain so I am not taking the pain medicine .

It seems its a little better today lets pray so it will go away soon . if anyone experience the same pls advise of what you did .. it not good :):phanvan

I got banded 12/06/06

i am fine no pain .. thank got mild almost no gas . but but and but wow i feel nausea . so bad .. can anyone give me adive pls .. really i need some help ..

your doctor should have prescribed you anti-nauesa medication in advance. I know mine already did. That and the pain meds.

It was basically a "just in case" -- but it is nice to have them there if you need them.

Call your Dr. and make sure they give you somthing for the nausea. You do NOT want to be throwing up the first couple of weeks. There is too much of a risk for problems.

Your tummy needs to be resting :-)

Hi .,,,

Ok so talked to my doctor .. hopefully I be ok .. that all I was botherd with .NO pain .. just the Nausia .. only drew up twice that all but .. I be ok thanks to does who wrote means a lot. I am doing my liquid stage and doing good .. I do have to say that my nausia started the day after the surgery do to .. or many be not but my mom brought my niece with a her happy meal into my room and oh my god that was it. over all . I am very lucky to say that my procedure took only 45 min I was walking an hour after the surgery and laughing saying jokes . MY surgery was in Tijuana mex. Obesitygoodbye.com. and wow .. I was impressed they do take care of you to the max .I wich everyone the best in our Journey we are all in the same boat and I am here for who ever need to talk to just because. We can cry we can laugh but always being positive to that new begining we are doing for our lifes .

New year new life :) NEW ME!!!:clap2:

Hi All,

Does anyone else use the LBT journals? I just started using them to kind of document what I am going through. Free therapy. haha. I posted my official before pics in there-blacking out my face since I am not out of the band closet yet with most people. How many pounds does the camera add???hmmmm.

Claudia-hope you are feeling better.

Offerrocker had her surgery today too, right? I hope all is well there.

Welcome momof2chic-glad to hear you are feeling well and I hope you will join in the conversation with us.

Where are you Nathalie? I miss your posts when you are quiet.

You always make me giggle.

I did some food shopping today-cream Soups, broth, applesauce et al in preparation for next week. It is going to be here soon. I think I will try to find some blended Soup recipes online today.

Have a good one!