Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Joan, I wasn't talking about your posts. There were some ads on here for a link to buy some penis enlarging product.

Have you noticed that you can't go back and look at previous pages and the arrow that makes it go forward to see if there is a new page, brings up something that says the page has been moved? What is going on? I am afraid I am missing catching up on the posts.

They changed everything on this board.

Hey Denise,

I haven't been on in several days, so I just found the new format tonight. It is a lot different, but I haven't had problems navigating yet. However, this is the only thread I've been to so far. I don't pay attention to the ads on the side, so I guess I just missed all of that. LOL

~Joan~

Joan, leave those guys in Houston alone!! just teasing :( Where are they all hiding?

Take care,

Karla

Karla,

You will be happy to know that I haven't talked to the Houston guy again. I met him on BBWDatefinder.com. I keep getting flirts and smiles from people, but I don't chat with many of them. Who wants to talk to someone in the UK for gods sakes! I mean they are fun to talk to, but you know you will never meet them. So Karla, I'm taking your advice and trying to stay mainly with Texas boys.

OK, now I have some bad news for you guys. I told you about the guy in McKinney I went out with the other day. Well, night before last he asked me out again, so I went. We went to his house and things got a little hot and heavy, but I knew where to stop it. So, I spent the night because I had to pick my daughter up from work in McKinney the next morning. Anyway, the next morning when we woke up he started with the messing around again, which was ok because I had my limits, but then he just started beating the crap out of me for no reason. I won't go into great detail about where all he hit me, but I do have some major bruises from him squeezing me really hard. So, I was very quiet and just went to pick my daughter up as usual, because I was afraid if I said anything to him, he would start beating me again. He called me during the day I'm sure because he was worried about what I was going to do, but I didn't answer the phone. But I did send him an email telling him how fortunate he was that he wasn't in jail for what he did. He's terrified that I am going to file charges, but I have decided not to because of what I would personally have to go through.

So, now I'm talking to a couple of new guys. One lives in Carrollton, which is a suburb of Dallas, and one lives in a small town close to here. I've asked them both if they hit and they have both assured me they don't. I'm actually afraid to meet anyone now since he did that. I will be afraid to kiss them in fear that they will start hitting me while they're doing it. Anyway, that's how things stand right now. I think I like the guy who lives close to me the best though.

~Joan~

I definitely think it's fine to kiss on the first date, if you are both attracted to each other. Sex is another story. I enjoy "Sex in the City" too, but I don't go along with how they sleep with someone right away. I think it's important to build feelings with someone before that.

How did you meet your new date? I am so afraid to put a profile up until I lose more weight, and that doesn't seem to be happening very quickly.

Denise,

Don't be so concerned about not putting your profile up until you lose more weight girl. I'm not even banded and won't be for another year, so you can still date. I have found some nice guys and as you all have read, some bad ones, but it's fun to at least chat with them online. I think the guy who beat me up was the exception, not the rule, or at least I hope so. You can normally tell very quickly if they are sincere or not. So go for it and don't worry about your weight loss being a factor in it.

~Joan~

Where are all of you meeting people to date? I had a profile on yahoo personals and match at two separate times. The problem I had was the other party didn't want to pay the money, so they couldn't read my message if I had sent them one. They make you join if you want to read and unfortunately, around here everyone seems to be too cheap to do that.

Denise,

I have my profile on 5 sites. Mate1 and Plentyoffish are free, but BBWDatefinder and BBpeopleMeet aren't. I can't honestly remember if the other site Largefriends.com was free or if I had to pay. Lots of people on here are using Plentyoffish with some luck. I haven't met a keeper on there, but then again, I haven't met a keeper yet. If you read back a few pages, lots of people said Match.com and eHarmony weren't that good. I've never belonged to them, so I sure can't tell you on those. Just my 2 cents worth.

~Joan~

okay well I tried editing my previous post, but it wanted to change my whole message to smilies.LOL I don't think that would get the information across though. What I was going to edit was the part about the butterflies. My ex does not give me the butterflies, my new man does. LOL

Its so cool to find someone with which there is mutual attraction Woo Hoo! He's so cute, we try to wake each other up and race to see who can text "good morning" to the other the fastest. I feel like I am in HS again, except I never felt this way about anyone, not even my ex husband. Ha ha on him. I have butterflies every time i talk to him.

Joan, you should press charges, that man could kill someone one day. At the very least, you should go give a statement and let them take the pictures, to have on file if anything ever happens to someone else. I am so sorry that happened to you, but you could use this to maybe save some other woman. Something happened to me in grade school, and for the longest time I have felt guilty that if I had spoken up about it, he may not have been able to do it to other girls or women. I am NOT going to tell you what to do, but what if he starts stalking you or something, there needs to be some sort of documentation about it in case something happens.

Good luck with the other men, though. I think if you count all of my dating from the past 6 years, I have dated about 10 men, so it just takes getting through several to find the one you want I guess.

Denise, I could show you my profiile, but I have hidden it. I always post good and bad pics, not too bad though. I have full body shots and head shots, since I have been losing weight. Before, I didn't get many responses either. I never contact a man first, I wait for them. But, I have been jogging, doing the elliptical and biking and walking. I feel I need to exercise more because I have had only one fill, and its not a lot of restriction,but I am not hungry very much, so I don't want to mess with it. If I wanted to snack, I could, I just don't. Typically I have the same thing for b, l, and dinner everyday. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, some nuts or low fat chips for a small snack if I feel the need, then for lunch I have a salad with lowfat everything, or a diet dinner. I may have a banana for a snack before dinner, and then sometimes I am not even hungry for dinner, but I always make it a Protein so I can get through the night. I drink a lot of tea Water and crystal light. I only really workout 2-3 times a week, I do the elliptical for 45 mins, with my heart rate averaging in the 130-140s, when I run I don't really test it, but I am breathing hard, and biking I just go until my legs hurt too much to continue. The weight training is very important but I don't do it enough. We are all losing muscle along with the fat, becuase its easier for the body to break down muscle than fat, so even if you just do the rubber band and legs llifts or something that will help. I watch americal idol for two nights, and I have a stationary bike. I stay on that sucker the entire time, but you could go to the gym and do it too they have tvs usually. My own personal music helps me to keep going also, good upbeat tunes. but rrememver how I was at that plateau just a couple of months ago, at around 198? I am now 177 or 179 for the last week or so, thats how I did it. I went to the gym every day for a week did the elliptical every day, and lifted weights every day until I blasted that plateau. You'll find your groove.

Ok I am going back to sleep.< /p>

Kristi

Congrats to you Kristi for 60 lbs down. That is amazing!! I am so happy things are working out so well between you and your tattoo boy (the name's yours now lol). :rolleyes: I think you are a sweetheart and deserve the BEST!

As for my tattoo boy, I think he just kind of settled into his "real" self and I didn't like it very much. He was moody, and either hot or cold. I got tired of the games and broke it off with him. I "unhid" my profile on Match and within 2 hours I had a date lined up with a guy I went out with once when I first starting dating tattoo boy. lol. We're going out tonight and I'm looking forward to it.

Denise I did the same thing as Kristi. Lots of pics, a couple body shots, I even posted one without makeup. lol. If you want to check out my profile pm me and I'll send you my screen name on Match. I've been having a TON of activity over this past week though. Winked at by at least a dozen guys and I'm emailing with 8. But I find it's either feast or famine.

Wootsie my dear, I am SOOOO sorry that happened to you! What a jerk!! I know it's a lot of effort to press charges, but I think you should consider it. What if he comes after you? It just makes me nervous. I know you're careful, and will especially be more careful now. You know it's not a bad idea to take a self-defense class at your local police dept or something. I've taken them just to know how to defend myself i f I ever need to.

I love you gals. You are all so encouraging. To tell you the truth, the reason I never have a picture posted on any of my profiles is because of my ex boyfriend that broke my heart. I met him online and I loved him so much when he walked out on me. It makes me think he will think I am " hard up" His daughter and I were very close and she used to call me all the time, even after we broke up. I told her I had another boyfriend because I didn't want him to think I was sitting around the house crying over him.(but I was) It's been over 2 years now, so I suppose my pretend boyfriend and I could have broken up.

Crispy are you at a good weight now? You sig line says how much fill you have but not your weight loss. We have exactly the same fill in there. I am

afraid to get anymore. You are getting a lot of action with your profile, so I would like to see it. I will pm you. You have a great advantage, living in Boston. I live in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. I really don't want a long distance relationship eitherl. The pickings are slim here.

Joan, That is so scary. That's the first time I ever heard of anything like that happening, even though everyone warns people about meeting guys online. I think you should file a police report too. What a pig!

Kristi, I do exercise like crazy but I don't seem to be losing. I do the weight machines and cardio. I am 54 and they say it's harder to lose the older we get. It sucks.

Thanks so much all of you for responding to me. I have been in other threads where everyone responds to each other but ignores me. It makes me feel like cr@p!

Denise I'm at 226 now, and I'm 5' 6". I wear a 16 top and a 20 on the bottom. I'd like to lose at least another 26 lbs but am shooting for another 50. If I stopped making excuses and got my butt to the gym like Kristi I'm sure I'd get there sooner! lol

You are so lucky to be taller. I am only 5'2" so I look short and fat. I wear an

xlarge top and about a 20 jeans too.

Are you happy with your fill? Everyone tells me I need more, but I am really afraid. I get stuck on a regular basis.

Joan, you should press charges, that man could kill someone one day. At the very least, you should go give a statement and let them take the pictures, to have on file if anything ever happens to someone else. I am so sorry that happened to you, but you could use this to maybe save some other woman. Something happened to me in grade school, and for the longest time I have felt guilty that if I had spoken up about it, he may not have been able to do it to other girls or women. I am NOT going to tell you what to do, but what if he starts stalking you or something, there needs to be some sort of documentation about it in case something happens.

Good luck with the other men, though. I think if you count all of my dating from the past 6 years, I have dated about 10 men, so it just takes getting through several to find the one you want I guess.

Kristi

I have been giving this some very serious thought, and I have decided I'm going to at least file a report on this guy. Whether or not he goes to jail is up to the authorities. One of the major reasons I've decided to go ahead and contact the authorities is because he told me he would take his profile off of Plentyoffish.com, which he did for a day, but now it's back with a small change in his name. I am terrified that he is going to do this again to someone else, and he may hurt them much worse than he did me, or maybe even kill them. I am also afraid he may start stalking me. He knows where my daughter works and that also frightens me. So, I'm going to call the police department today and find out what I need to do. I've also told the other men that this did happen to me and I'm very afraid of men in general right now. So, at least they know I'm not going to put up with anything like this ever again. Ladies, be VERY CAREFUL when you go out with someone. As I said, I had been out with him several times before this happened.

~Joan~

Wootsie I think you should report him to Plentyoffish as well. I'm sure they will block his profile.

Denise - as far as my fill, I think I have decent restriction most of the time, but there are times I think I need a bit more to get to my "sweet spot". I get fairly hungry between meals too, which I would like to curb. My next appointment is the end of my and I think I"m going to ask for a small fill, like .25 cc's. Oh - and about your size - remember that every day you're going to be looking better and feeling better. But in the meantime, LOVE yourself and your body and know that you are sexy. That will come across in your profile and on your dates when you meet people. Confidence goes a loooong way. Oh, and if you remember, PM me your screen name. I'd love to check out your profile too. :rolleyes:

Wootsie I think you should report him to Plentyoffish as well. I'm sure they will block his profile.

You know Chrispy,

I think that's a great idea! I hadn't even thought to do that, but I'm sure they will block him from the site. Too bad I can't keep him from getting on other sites to.

Kristi,

I'm glad you are having luck with the Plentoffish site. Actually, now that I think about it, all of the men I've actually met I met on that site. So, they aren't all bad.

Good news though. I'm meeting the guy from the little town close to here Sunday evening. He's out of town on business right now and won't be home until Saturday, so Sunday is the first chance he will have. I'm very excited to meet him in a way, and very frightened at the same time. He's well aware of what happened to me, so he said we would just take it slow. You guys wish me luck, because I'm gonna need it!

~Joan~

Good luck Wootsie! A nice guy will respect your boundaries, especially considering what just happened.

So I had my date on Saturday night. What a nice guy! A big bouquet of flowers, opened doors, would not let me pay for a thing, planned a wonderful date - but no spark. Figures! I so want to like him, but it's just not there. I had another date last night and we was nice - for a while anyway. As the night went on I learned that he's 38 and his longest relationship has been 6 months. That scares me. lol. The worst part of it all - he let me "chip in" for my salad, then asked me to go out again. Are you really that cheap? lol. So safe to say there is no second date with that one! lol

Hey Denise - did you ever check out my profile?

No Crispy. I haven't had a chance but I will do it tonight.

I met a guy from Yahoo personals a couple of years ago. It's just like you said. He's really a nice guy, but I am so not attracted to him. We are friends, but I refuse to let him spend one penney on me. I don't want to lead him on.

Joan, I am glad you made that decision. At least you are covering yourself from something happening, and no one knows who did it, at least they will have a lead towards him in that case. I hope you start having much better luck with the men.

Denise, I met some men from yahoo and dated two of them for a while. I screwed it up with one of them, my fault, but all in all I have had good luck with the sites, not met the man of my life, (well, maybe now I have), but I really think there are some good guys there, it just takes time to meet the right ones.

Chrispy, I will take the name of tattoo boy and use it. I am sorry things didn't work out with yours, but it sounds like you are doing good back on the dating scene. Keep us posted.

Kristi