Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many times is too many to call your insurance?

My paperwork was submitted last Tuesday and I called this morning at 8am and it was still pending ...I'm debating on whether I should call now during lunch or not. How many times is too many to call in one day? Lol

I called once a day EVERY day for three weeks before I found out I was approved. I sure wanted to call two or three times a day, but refrained..LOL. I totally feel your pain. Hang in there :)

I'd call tomorrow, if it's still pending I'd ask why and make sure they have received ALL the paperwork. I was approved in 2 days, so not sure why it'd take more than a week....although I guess it depends on your insurance company. Good luck!

Well I broke down and did it. I just called BCBS MA and I'm getting conflicting answers. The insurance person at my surgeons office said she sent everything in on Tuesday. BCBS says they got the paperwork Friday. My surgeons office won't return any emails or voice mails...i don't want to get rude with them but I feel like they are just not concerned with anything. I will be starting a new job in march sometime and I want to have my surgery between leaving this one and starting my new one and ill have time to heal and they know this and just seem to be unconcerned...

They probably did sent the paperwork in on Tuesday, but your insurance didn't get to it until Friday. I had a couple of days in between like that too when they sent mine in. Why are you trying to contact your surgeon's office? It's really out of their hands at this point. Although, I do think it's wrong of them to not return your calls.

I had some other questions about taking off work, if I needed to take out any piercings, things like that and they just won't respond to me... I don't get it. I'm a surgery scheduler for 2 surgeons and I always return phone calls and emails.

Chill. You're not the only person either office is dealing with and calling multiple times a day is not going to make them want to help you any faster than they already are.

Wow. I just meant that I didn't understand why they haven't at least responded to my questions about surgery in general. I am a surgery scheduler for 2 surgeons and I'm the one that obtains precerts on all surgeries. I know how it works and when I have a patient that I know needs a certain date or can't reschedule I always call their insurance for statuses daily. I had yet to have one denied. I also respond to patients when they have questions about their surgeries. That's all I meant.

Wow. I just meant that I didn't understand why they haven't at least responded to my questions about surgery in general. I am a surgery scheduler for 2 surgeons and I'm the one that obtains precerts on all surgeries. I know how it works and when I have a patient that I know needs a certain date or can't reschedule I always call their insurance for statuses daily. I had yet to have one denied. I also respond to patients when they have questions about their surgeries. That's all I meant.

Shoot I'd call every 30 min until u got someone on the darn phone they need to remember they are getting paied by you and that there are plenty of other good doctors out there that would be willing to have a 30,000 surgery brought to their front door,,, just my thoughts

Shoot I'd call every 30 min until u got someone on the darn phone they need to remember they are getting paied by you and that there are plenty of other good doctors out there that would be willing to have a 30' date='000 surgery brought to their front door,,, just my thoughts[/quote']

Lol!!! You are soooooo right!!! That's how I feel too!!

Lol!!! You are soooooo right!!! That's how I feel too!!

I called my insurance company and doc almost everyday until yesterday until I found out I was approved..lol..

Well another day gone by and still no response on any of my questions regarding surgery from the doctors office. My last email I sent was early this morning and I even offered to come in for an appointment and pay a copay to get my questions answered, I still received no response...I also made my daily call to BCBS...they say its still pending. It was a week today since they sent in my paperwork. I'm really hoping I hear something back from somebody tomorrow!

Well another day gone by and still no response on any of my questions regarding surgery from the doctors office. My last email I sent was early this morning and I even offered to come in for an appointment and pay a copay to get my questions answered' date=' I still received no response...I also made my daily call to BCBS...they say its still pending. It was a week today since they sent in my paperwork. I'm really hoping I hear something back from somebody tomorrow![/quote']

I understand your pain. Me on the other hand was to afraid to call fearing they would say no....lol I pray you hear something soon. Oh and you were not wrong T all, that is your Dr and his office should return hour calls and email in timely fashion, I don't care how many pts he had, u his pts to...