Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV: I don't have to shower!

as much! Calm down, people! I still shower everyday... However, I used to be the person who had to shower before every event, sometimes multiple times a day. I would work a full day (no physical labor involved) but had to fully shower and get ready again before going out that night. I'd plan my day and my social life around when I needed to shower. I never felt "fresh." I sweated all the time. I constantly felt like I smelled.

Last night my friend wanted to go out and I contemplated showering... or just washing off in the bath since I can comfortably fit in the tub now... but I realized even though I had showered 12 hours prior I still felt clean, everywhere! Some of this could be due to my new baby powder routine (LOL) but mostly because I'm not constantly sweaty anymore. I feel fresh and clean for 24 hours or more. So I just touched up my make up, straightened my hair a bit, changed and was out the door... saved me probably an hour!

All NSV's are awesome but I particularly love the silly ones... so much stuff makes me laugh now about my new body! Oh yeah, last weekend I saw the guy I lost my virginity to in college for the first time in 2 1/2 years... I told him about the surgery and how much I had lost but he hadn't seen any pictures. The first thing he said, with a bewildered look, "man, you do look different as hell!"

Of course, I couldn't mention my night without including a picture... I'm wearing an old sweater as a tunic with leggings now!

Keep rocking those sleeves!

post-32435-1381366280695_thumb.jpg

WOW.. You have done an awesome job! I can appreciate the work you must have done to get where you are.. Amazing!

Thanks! We are all in this together!

I can totally relate where you are coming from with the shower I'm in same boat, I, really looking forward to doing the surgery. I was thinking about lapband but now I'm leaning towards sleeve.. Are you pleased and would do it again if u had to? You look great!!

Totally can relate. I cant wait for that day. Congrats on your success.

Congratulations on your loss, you have lost so much! I love seeing fun little nsv's too, they are the reasons we did this. It must have been nice to run into that ex, I can imagine the uh huh I look good feeling! lol Good luck on your continued journey!

Wow... that is amazing.... and so is your picture! Keep up the great job. Congrats!

Krissy, I am pleased! When I thought about WLS I was also thinking band. I talked to two different doctors and they both said sleeve was the best surgery for me. I would definitely do it again. Luckily, I haven't had too tough of a road. I am getting my gallbladder out Monday but I haven't had any intolerances, complications, vomiting, etc that can be common. Also, after being extremely obese my entire life I felt hopeless. All I saw was the huge mountain ahead of me and never imagined I could make any progress on my own. It was a lot about my mental health too. I was in a deep depression. I had to do something. My life has changed so dramatically in the last year. I am a totally different person now! Still a long way to go to where I want or need to be but I don't feel hopeless anymore. I just take it one day at a time.