Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve buddies/mentor in Houston, Tx.?

I'm new to this forum and in the process of getting approved with BCBS Federal! I only have 4 dietitian appoinments remaining!

Hi Jazzyr! My name is Misty and I live in the Houston area. Cypress to be exact. I am getting sleeved on March 23 in Tijuana. My insurance does not cover weight loss surgery at all so I am self pay. I really don't think it matters though because I think after the co-pays and deductible I will come out cheaper anyway. I would love to talk to someone in Houston. You can private message me or you can text me at 903-746-4839.

Hi Jazzyr! My name is Misty and I live in the Houston area. Cypress to be exact. I am getting sleeved on March 23 in Tijuana. My insurance does not cover weight loss surgery at all so I am self pay. I really don't think it matters though because I think after the co-pays and deductible I will come out cheaper anyway. I would love to talk to someone in Houston. You can private message me or you can text me at 903-746-4839.

Hi!! I plan on being sleeved in the beginning of May due to, I'm a college student!

How old are you? I cannot wait! I feel like March will never get here! What part of Houston do you live in?

How old are you? I cannot wait! I feel like March will never get here! What part of Houston do you live in?

I'm 23 and i feel time can't go any slower! I live in West Houston.

I am 32, married, with 3 kids. We live in West Houston also, Cypress, to be exact.

We are originally from North East Texas, about 4 hours north of here. We moved to Cypress in September.

Hi Jazzyr,

Welcome. I am a newbie also having joined a few weeks ago. I live in N. Houston almost Humble area. I am looking for local support also.I have BCBS Texas and I have to do my psych eval and cardiac clearnace and I am ready to submit for approval. Insurance will pay 90% of cost. Hoping for a March spring break date. I have a 16 year old and school travel would not be an issue that week. This forum has a wealth of information and experiences that I have found very helpful. You can reach me at 832-566-3176 or email me at chan.mamou@hotmail.com. Welcome and I look forward to this road to a new life! :rolleyes:

Hey I live outside of huntsville but am always in houston! I am a self pay as well... Leave for Tijuana on 2/3

I'm 23 and i feel time can't go any slower! I live in West Houston.

I am in college as well and am taking off a week. My professors are totally supportive! Just didn't want to put it off any longer.

Hey I live outside of huntsville but am always in houston! I am a self pay as well... Leave for Tijuana on 2/3

Oh you are so LUCKY!! Just a couple more days!! Who is your Doctor in Tijuana? Are you going alone? Are you nervous about flying? I have only flown once before and I was about 240 then so I am so worried I won't fit in the seats. I have read about people having that problem and I would be mortified!!

I am in college as well and am taking off a week. My professors are totally supportive! Just didn't want to put it off any longer.

That is so good and I understand! Where are u attending college?

Hi Jazzyr' date='

Welcome. I am a newbie also having joined a few weeks ago. I live in N. Houston almost Humble area. I am looking for local support also.I have BCBS Texas and I have to do my psych eval and cardiac clearnace and I am ready to submit for approval. Insurance will pay 90% of cost. Hoping for a March spring break date. I have a 16 year old and school travel would not be an issue that week. This forum has a wealth of information and experiences that I have found very helpful. You can reach me at 832-566-3176 or email me at chan.mamou@hotmail.com. Welcome and I look forward to this road to a new life! :rolleyes:[/quote']

Nice to meet you and I'm excited about this life changing journey!

Oh you are so LUCKY!! Just a couple more days!! Who is your Doctor in Tijuana? Are you going alone? Are you nervous about flying? I have only flown once before and I was about 240 then so I am so worried I won't fit in the seats. I have read about people having that problem and I would be mortified!!

Dr. Garcia. Nope I am not nervous and my mother is accompanying me. I fly quite frequently so I am not afraid. I weigh more than that and am able to fit in the sits... I never book a middle seat though. It's a tight fitting but if the seat belt doesn't fit, you can ask for an extension. Do it as you board the plane or once you sit down.

That is so good and I understand! Where are u attending college?

Sam houston state university