Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when...

I tell people I am going to have this surgery and they say dumb stuff like "why don't you just try herbalife" or "just eat healthier" "ill go to the gym with you"..... like ummm do they really not think I have tried pretty much everything out there!?! And great for them if they are happy eating disgusting shakes FOREVER in order to lose 25 lbs but sorrryyyy just can't do it! lol ugh I needed to vent. I told my friend last night what I am doing and obviouslyyyy was not a good idea to tell. What do you hate about amythingggg have to do with this process??

I think people mean well but it can come off as insensitive.

I don't like talking about my private life at work and fortunately, my co-workers have respected that. But I was taken off guard when my boss asked me how many pounds I have lost. (No one at work has directly asked me that.) Then he said I'll need to buy new clothes. He most likely meant well but I took the comment to mean he didn't like my (newly) baggy, baggy clothes!

I hate it when people act like surgery is the easy way out! My family is always saying things like "if you would just exercise and not take the easy way" and "You have to put in the work in to get results". We are still doing the work. Its not like we wake up and the weight is gone. This is a hard journey and it takes everything you have got to get through this. It just makes me mad to hear that when I am struggling with this.

Yeah I feel like a lot of my friends that I have told feel like I'm taking the easy route. If only this was easy! And they have no clue what I go through in my head being so overweight! In no way is this easy!

I don't plan on telling anyone other than maybe 1 or 2 friends who also are obese, just so they know there is something the can help them. When people ask, I do plan on saying "I just eat less now", because in reality, that is the true reason the weight comes off. Making the stomach smaller does not make you lose any weight, its eating less (because the stomach is smaller) that actually causes it.

I feel the only true "cheating" or "Easy way out" would be one of the procedures that does not restrict eating, but bypasses most of the small intestine requiring high calorie intake in order to avoid nutritional deficiency.

I only told close family members and my boyfriend before surgery. They were all amazingly supportive. After I started losing weight and it was noticeable to people, did I tell them I had surgery. I work in the medical field, so everyone has been supportive and I have only had one or two negative responses. Now everyone asks for a weight loss update and they are always complimenting me and congratulating me. I was scared how people would react prior to the surgery knowing I was going to have the surgery. Now I just don't care. I am down 100 lbs in 1 year and I feel amazing. My asthma and reflux is gone. I was also on my way to hypertension and diabetes. No amount of hurtful words someone has about the surgery can make me feel bad about the surgery now. Don't let anyone hurt your feelings. They have not been 100% in your shoes. They don't know what you are feeling and thinking. You deserve to get yourself healthier and feeling better. And if anyone is seriously critical about the surgery and can't give you the support you need, then they can be shown the door. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches