Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins and labs - Boy did I blow it!

There is really no excuse for this. I got lazy, pure and simple. I have been hit and miss about taking my Vitamins and Calcium. I am regular with the B-12, but let the others go. I didn't think it would make such an impact, but it did.

My labs came back and the surgeon sicced the nutritionist on me. I didn't talk to her yet, but I know what she is going to say.

I'm back on a strict Vitamin regime today. I won't let this happen again.

I don't suppose there is a question here other than wondering if any of you are sloughing off or had before. I just wanted to warn you that's its not okay. You can do real damage. Not only that ...

I just connected the dots. I've been stall for just about as long as I've been bad about the Vitamins. I just went searching. Sure enough, Vitamin D deficiency call stall weight loss and contribute to obesity. Same with Calcium.< /p>

At least I think I have an answer now.

I only take a one a day Multivitamin. I just had blood work done last week and the doc said my blood was perfect. I credit a balanced diet, and have always believed it's the best thing one can do....I just never put that belief into practice until recently. Unfortunately, a "balanced" diet is not easy when you're sleeved and only eating 600-800 calories per day, thus the Vitamin supplements. I'm eating 1500 so that makes it easier. My vitamix blender is my new mistress.

I should take Vitamins but honestly I really don't. I'll get back on it.

My diet is not very balanced. I don't get near enough fruits and veggies. I'm going to work on it. In the meantime it's back on the Vitamin regimen.

I wish you the best cat tracks and hope the new Vitamin plan will help you lose that last bit of weight. You are so close. I just did my first set of post op labs week before last and hoping for the best. I usually take multi, d, B12, b complex, krill, calcium chews, etc in the recommended doses by my nutritionist, but my diet is mostly absent of vegetables and completely absent of fruit. I have an appointment next week to do a review of the results.

I am so guilty of this. :( but I have been very lucky and my blood work up has been really good. But I am more determined now than ever. Thanks for sharing it is a wake up call for all of us. :)

Thanks for sharing. It is a nice reminder to that we need to take them.

I wish you the best cat tracks and hope the new Vitamin plan will help you lose that last bit of weight. You are so close. I just did my first set of post op labs week before last and hoping for the best. I usually take multi' date=' d, B12, b complex, krill, calcium chews, etc in the recommended doses by my nutritionist, but my diet is mostly absent of vegetables and completely absent of fruit. I have an appointment next week to do a review of the results.[/quote']

I received my online medical chart today of the blood work. All tests are about average for documented standard range except Vitamin b12. Vitamin b12 for me is > 1500 pg / ML where standard range is 180-900 pg / ML. Is there any issue with having this level of B12 in my blood? I usually take a b12 sublingual pill every day along with multivitamin and b complex - both have smaller doses of b12 in them.

I believe you are only required to have 1500 mcg per week. It's Water soluble so excess is secreted so it's not stored and there is no known toxicity because of that.

I believe you are only required to have 1500 mcg per week. It's Water soluble so excess is secreted so it's not stored and there is no known toxicity because of that.

Thanks for the response.

I was seriously deficient in Iron and B12 and am slowly improving now that I've been on B12 shots and a prescription Iron for the past year. I will admit that until sometime around one year post op I was hit or miss on my Vitamins, mostly because they made me so sick.

Now I take them every morning and every evening, with shots taken twice a month for B12 and I feel so much better.

In my case, taking my Vitamins and getting on better supplements made a huge difference because I was very fatigued, forgetful and had dizzy spells before I started taking them regularly.

I (usually) eat a very balanced diet but have always had issues with anemia, being borderline anemic at the best of times. It's been that way since childhood and I should have known it would worsen with WLS.

Ah well. It's worth putting in the time and effort to find a pill regimen that works if you've got a deficiency, for sure.

~Cheri