Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Billy appointment

Just got back from Dr. Billy. I love him. He is a cutie plus a great surgeon. He explained everything in detail and told me what to expect and everything.

OK the protrusion is part of the tubing. It has kinked up cause that is the weakest area. He said he would like to go in and fix that. He is pretty sure my insurance will cover the procedure. IT will be outpatient surgery at one of the area Ventura hospitals. Nothing that Lopez did caused this kinking to happen. He said it is part of the individual surgeons technique. He, Dr. Billy, has started to double check and make sure none of his patients have tubing that has backed up that could cause this kinking. It is sorta like an excess of tubing with no where to go. IT has NOT herniated. Thank God. But he did warn that it does have the potential to break through the skin. He doesn't think it will do that any time soon but we agreed to get it fixed as soon as possible. We are looking now at Insurance coverage and how soon we can get it scheduled. I will keep you posted on that issue.

OH and he is a cutie, hottie, drooled the whole time, couldn't take my eyes off him.

His office is about 10 min off the 101 Freeway in Ventura. Very easy to find. Staff is very supportive and takes their time. You are seen in a timely manner. They have a 24 hour emergency number you can call. THANK GOD!!!

Did I mention that Dr. Billy is a cutie? Hmmm. Slurpiliscious!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I am now in the land of filldom. I got a 1cc fill while I was there. WOW! I could feel him when he hit the reservoir because he moved the port around and it made me woozy. It didn't hurt but it sure did make me feel funny. LOL!! He got me a wet towel and patted my head and hand to make sure I felt better. YUM YUM!!! Yes, I really did feel bad. LOL!!!

Anyway, got the fill and drank two glasses of Water while there to make sure I was OK. He had to stick me 3 times because my port is tilted. Just took some manuvering on his part to find it and then get the needle in. But he managed.

I am on liquids for 24 to 48 hours then mushy foods for 5 to 7 days after that. Then back to solid foods again. He gave me some patient literature and a card from Inamed for all lap band patients to carry. Different than the one that Lopez gave me.

I highly recommend anyone within 4 to 5 hours of Ventura, CA to go see Dr. Billy for follow up. He is awesome and such a sweetie. I could eat him up. LOL!!!!!

Did I mention he was CUTE!!!!!!!!

Penni..

Was Dr Billy cute?

I'm looking for a cutie. Dr. Ortiz & Martinez are both hotties in my book.But I'm in between Dr Billy and Dr ortiz so If I ca ngo north rather then south, I would much rather do that. Glad to hear you had an awesome experience with him. How much does he charge for fills? Does he do them under fluoroscopy? It's great to know he takes Mexican patients. 1cc is a good fill for the first one. I had 1.1cc's and can totally tell a difference. it is just enough for me. Thank God you got answers on your tubing, obviously he was correct in his statement that some doctors just have a certain technique since Delarla's did the same thing unfortunately she was'nt as lucky as you to know have it break through the skin.I hope you have it done soon so Vegas is not compromised for you. We need you there Miss Coordinator. I'm happy for you that you got answers and your mind is at ease. Good Luck with your fill...

Michelle: He doesn't do the fluoroscopy. He said he has done many of them without and unless there is a complication and he can't do it then he will schedule the procedure. He said for the most part you should only do that if there is a suspected problem.

We did not discuss the cost of fills or anything since they are filing my insurance. If my insurance doesn't cover it then I will know what they charge. But believe me it is worth it to not have to go to Mexico again.

I am calling his office manager on Monday to talk about when, where, how, and what needs to be done to get the insurance to cover it and get this done in time for October. I will be there with bells on. AND protrusion less.

Hi Penni,

Glad that is sorted out and you will soon be rid of your protrusion. I had a n X-ray today and ultra sound. They said there was no inflammation around the port site but I saw on the X-ray that the tubing just before the port is in a kind of upside down V shape and kinked before returning to a normal angle for the length of it.I think that may be what is causing my discomfort although nothing is protruding.

I will have to wait now until I get back from the Maldives and the surgeon returns from Belgium on the 20th to see what's what and hopefully have my 1st fill before I go to London.