Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome

I try to help as well. There have been times when I get frustrated about folks not being able to either accept or reject advice without all the sensitivities. When people react that way, I tend to poke and engage which is my bad habit.

So now I will post a confession in this forum on a new thread and ask your advice, It's okay if you call me an idiot too. I deserve it. :-)

I try to help as well. There have been times when I get frustrated about folks not being able to either accept or reject advice without all the sensitivities. When people react that way' date=' I tend to poke and engage which is my bad habit.

So now I will post a confession in this forum on a new thread and ask your advice, It's okay if you call me an idiot too. I deserve it. :-)[/quote']

I am the same way! While I'm not a super vet or anything, my first surgery was 11-19-2012, I spent a month in the hospital with a leak. Before my surgery I also spent EVERYDAY for 6 months attending support groups, nut appointments, and researching. I have a low tolerance for such sensitivities that some newbies have. ESPECIALLY those that obviously jumped into their surgery without properly researching, and to us, it's obvious by the questions of they took the time to seriously consider all the pros and cons of surgery. And once they get defensive...I just keep going which is a total lose/lose situation. So I'm glad to have a forum to look at when I'm in a "not so tolerant" mood.

OMG i chuckled at so many comments. I also need to look up some places on the map. Lessofmeismore... now i'm going to picture the wild dogs every time I'm bored on the stair monster! (which used to be every other day, which I'm trying to get back to after dealing with a leak, specificially since November).

I avoid the boards so much now. I prefer MFP. The drama here just gets to be too much and my energy is better spent elsewhere. I know I don't know everything, but I do try to respect that fact and others opinions. However, I too get tired of "i've 'only' lost 56 lbs in 7 weeks.. what do i do with this stall? (of three days)... why no, i don't work out in any way shape or form.. why no i don't track my calories, what's mfp?" sigh..

I chuck my crabbiness up to being on a purely liquid diet from 9/4 to probably 12/31 ish. Talk about testing... so no, I surely am not a super vet ..... Just a chick trying to make it.. and yeah can probably be called an idiot too, lol.

OMG i chuckled at so many comments. I also need to look up some places on the map. Lessofmeismore... now i'm going to picture the wild dogs every time I'm bored on the stair monster! (which used to be every other day' date=' which I'm trying to get back to after dealing with a leak, specificially since November).

I avoid the boards so much now. I prefer MFP. The drama here just gets to be too much and my energy is better spent elsewhere. I know I don't know everything, but I do try to respect that fact and others opinions. However, I too get tired of "i've 'only' lost 56 lbs in 7 weeks.. what do i do with this stall? (of three days)... why no, i don't work out in any way shape or form.. why no i don't track my calories, what's mfp?" sigh..

I chuck my crabbiness up to being on a purely liquid diet from 9/4 to probably 12/31 ish. Talk about testing... so no, I surely am not a super vet ..... Just a chick trying to make it.. and yeah can probably be called an idiot too, lol.[/quote']

I was strict NPO for a month so the questions about "when can I have a cheeseburger?" or "when can I drink wine?" drive me crazy. I COMPLETELY get that :) good luck on your real food journey :)

I had my surgery in may but it feels like yesterday. I'm not a vet or a new person. I'm just me on my journey... Trying to live it the best I can...hopefully I do it right but lord knows I'm not perfect or I wouldn't be human. If I can help someone else on this journey and find support on mine then I am happy.

Huh? Nope. Sorry. None of that in this forum. The point is to get away from the walking on eggshells.thang.

This is not the place to come and sing Kumbaya, or to get purposely offended and teach people how to play well with others. We were doing fine thanks.

Ahhh I have so missed the VST forum! And I love that there is a place for vets to come. I post on OH a lot but some of the stuff over there drives me batty. I really have needed a place to post to others who are further out. I don't mind posting to newbies, but there needs to be a place for us too. Big hugs everyone

Ahhh I have so missed the VST forum! And I love that there is a place for vets to come. I post on OH a lot but some of the stuff over there drives me batty. I really have needed a place to post to others who are further out. I don't mind posting to newbies' date=' but there needs to be a place for us too. Big hugs everyone[/quote']

Whats the deal over at OH? A friend was recently encouraging me to start visiting over there but I haven't gotten around to it.

I have to laugh, actually. I have read so many "OH is so much more positive" posts lately but here's the funny thing. When I went to visit the other day I ran into a rant posted on the 23rd that was JUST LIKE MINE. Well...not to brag but mine was way more better. :P

Anyway, the reason I prefer VST is the way OH does their sleeve forum. There aren't separate boards. All the posts go into one board and you have to actually sift through all of the questions that are exactly the reason I get so frustrated to find the one or two that is posted by a person that is actually open to help and advice, not just looking for validation or for someone else to do their research for them.

It makes me crazy. I'd post a link to the post that was similar to mine (though shorter) but I'm pretty sure they'd frown upon that here.

Anyway, I don't mind new folks coming here - it's not like you're magically more knowledgeable as soon as you cross the one year line. But I do not want to see "our" forum turned into a place where I'm giving even more support back to the new folks instead of having a place to socialize and discuss with people that have made it farther out. It's DRAINING to just give advice (often the same advice again and again and again) and never get any support or replies to your posts in return, you know?

Having this place be a safe zone from that nonsense is likely to help us vets actually stick around. Getting bombarded by more questions about loose skin, stalls and how many carbs to eat is going to make me snippy with people.

So, consider yourselves forewarned: Cheri plans to get a bit territorial about this area. I don't care how far out from surgery you are if you have relevant VET topics to discuss and contribute to. But DO NOT (please, DO NOT) make this your "ask a vet directly for advice" forum. Cause the vets will leave. At least I will!

Eh. Hormones make me less, erm...diplomatic than I could be. Plus, I'm hungry. Literally, I mean. It's noon and I forgot to eat. That makes me cranky.

I'm off to eat at my friend's lovely western style cafe/coffee shop, the only one of it's kind in Bishkek. Later folks!

~Cheri

I have to laugh' date=' actually. I have read so many "OH is so much more positive" posts lately but here's the funny thing. When I went to visit the other day I ran into a rant posted on the 23rd that was JUST LIKE MINE. Well...not to brag but mine was way more better. :P

Anyway, the reason I prefer VST is the way OH does their sleeve forum. There aren't separate boards. All the posts go into one board and you have to actually sift through all of the questions that are exactly the reason I get so frustrated to find the one or two that is posted by a person that is actually open to help and advice, not just looking for validation or for someone else to do their research for them.

It makes me crazy. I'd post a link to the post that was similar to mine (though shorter) but I'm pretty sure they'd frown upon that here.

Anyway, I don't mind new folks coming here - it's not like you're magically more knowledgeable as soon as you cross the one year line. But I do not want to see "our" forum turned into a place where I'm giving even more support back to the new folks instead of having a place to socialize and discuss with people that have made it farther out. It's DRAINING to just give advice (often the same advice again and again and again) and never get any support or replies to your posts in return, you know?

Having this place be a safe zone from that nonsense is likely to help us vets actually stick around. Getting bombarded by more questions about loose skin, stalls and how many carbs to eat is going to make me snippy with people.

So, consider yourselves forewarned: Cheri plans to get a bit territorial about this area. I don't care how far out from surgery you are if you have relevant VET topics to discuss and contribute to. But DO NOT (please, DO NOT) make this your "ask a vet directly for advice" forum. Cause the vets will leave. At least I will!

Eh. Hormones make me less, erm...diplomatic than I could be. Plus, I'm hungry. Literally, I mean. It's noon and I forgot to eat. That makes me cranky.

I'm off to eat at my friend's lovely western style cafe/coffee shop, the only one of it's kind in Bishkek. Later folks!

~Cheri[/quote']

I read your thread in the rant forum but it's been locked and I couldn't comment. But I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!

Gad Cheri I so agree. If they want an ask a vet forum put one in but here...I don't give a rats patottie if a new person reads these threads and does not understand them or is offended..even afraid to post. Post elsewhere about your booze and burgers. I don't want to hear it nor do I even want to see the names of the rabble rousers!

Now...I've been in a stall for five mins...someone tell me how to break it please? :P.

Gad Cheri I so agree. If they want an ask a vet forum put one in but here...I don't give a rats patottie if a new person reads these threads and does not understand them or is offended..even afraid to post. Post elsewhere about your booze and burgers. I don't want to hear it nor do I even want to see the names of the rabble rousers!

Now...I've been in a stall for five mins...someone tell me how to break it please? :P.

The comment I tried to put on Cheri's thread specifically mentioned booze and burgers! Lol great minds ;)

I am a vet lol. Never thought I'd be happy about that. I am so happy we have this post. Thanks Susan. I agree on no complaining about stalls and the earlier process of our weight loss. I really do like hearing from others about how their doing when in maintenance and about whether they have weight gain etc. right now I'm doing food. I do look kinda baggy too. Noticed how skinny I look in the mirror and went wowZa. I do love my body. /)

Now...I've been in a stall for five mins...someone tell me how to break it please?

ESOI- Exlax plus Syrup of ipecac...turns you into a bazooka.

Edit: (after reading *susan* 's post below), Newbies, don't try this, it was a joke. :o:D

I am truly pleased to see the vets using this forum and enjoying it. I just ask that you remember, all members can still see this forum. Therefore, it is important that we continue to be mindful of forum rules and be respectful. Remember, at one time, you were not "vets", you were new to this. And I assure you, if I were to go back into our archives, I could find some questions that you posted as "newbies" that were what you would now consider to be annoying or ridiculous. I do "give a rats patottie" if someone who is earlier in their VST stages reads these forums and is offended by something they read here, because there shouldn't be anything offensive here for them to read. Just because the vets now have their own forum, it does not mean they now have open access to bash newbies, complain about the questions they ask, or anything else. That is not why this forum was created. It was created so you may have a place to discuss issues specific to those who are further out. As for all the complaints about drama, etc., well, guess what, whether you are on VST, OH or any other forums, there is going to be drama. The easiest way to avoid it, is to not contribute to it.

ESOI- Exlax plus Syrup of ipecac...turns you into a bazooka.

Edit: (after reading *susan* 's post below), Newbies, don't try this, it was a joke. :o:D

Yes, and watch out for the back-blast. ;-)