Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Newbies ! Progress ?

I was sleeved on 1/15/13 my highest weight was last May at 325 pre-op weight 297 and current weight 284. Still on full liquids dying for some real foods and to not be so tired after a busy day. I haven't even started back to work yet and to be honest I'm not looking forward to it.

I was sleeved on Jan 17th. Doing well on Protein Shakes, yogurt, runny cream of wheat, some creamed Soup, and Water, water, water. Still napping for at least an hour or two a day. Always tired. My Protein intake is between 40 and 50 grams a day.

Lordy do I miss chewing.

Had my sleeve done 1/23 and doing well so far:) I have been able to tolerate my soft foods well! Only problem has been Constipation but I gave been adding Benefiber to all my liquids. Thursday I get to advance to a few more soft foods like deli turkey or chicken, low day of course- looking forward to chewing:)

Sleeved 1/24/13

Still recovering from surgery. First 24 hours were rough but as each day passes it becomes a little better..

My question is what I should be at when it comes to liquid intake. I was in only broth and Water until yesterday. My Dr wants me to try and bring in Liquid Protein if I can but I can just get water in right now. My total intake for the day is less then 8 oz's with everything. Is this about normal or am I just all messed up??

Sleeved 1/24/13

Still recovering from surgery. First 24 hours were rough but as each day passes it becomes a little better..

My question is what I should be at when it comes to liquid intake. I was in only broth and Water until yesterday. My Dr wants me to try and bring in Liquid Protein if I can but I can just get water in right now. My total intake for the day is less then 8 oz's with everything. Is this about normal or am I just all messed up??

I would really try to up your liquids if at all possible. I didn't have restriction in the clear liquid stage, so I'm not sure what "normal" is, but I have heard in the beginning to focus on liquids over Protein if you have to make a choice. I drank an Isopure each day and got 40g f protein each morning. Really try to drink water or crystal light, etc whatever you can tolerate the easiest. You really don't want to end up in the hospital for dehydration!

1/7/13 was 265 today I'm 242 and able to eat pretty much anything at this point and feeling great !!!! Congrats to each and every one on there progress.

Do u eat meat already ? Got sleeved on the 5 th would kill for some meat !

Hi everyone! This is my very 1st post. Yay! I was sleeved January 18th and I'm down 33 pounds total including pre and post op weightloss. I'm excited about my new life. During my time off from work, I have realized that most of the commercials on tv are all about food. Lol. This 1st week has been very difficult, but I'm trying to make the best of it. I wish everyone luck on their journey.

Hi everyone! This is my very 1st post. Yay! I was sleeved January 18th and I'm down 33 pounds total including pre and post op weightloss. I'm excited about my new life. During my time off from work' date=' I have realized that most of the commercials on tv are all about food. Lol. This 1st week has been very difficult, but I'm trying to make the best of it. I wish everyone luck on their journey.[/quote']

You are too right! Everything is food, restaurants, groceries, ice cream... it's insane! How much of the 33 is post op weight loss? Just curious ....

I was sleeved on 1/23 I am down 5lbs since (I think I've still got some co2 and swelling) but total of 18 since pre op diet ... It brought tears of JOY to my eyes! ;)

I was sleeved on 1/23 I am down 5lbs since (I think I've still got some co2 and swelling) but total of 18 since pre op diet ... It brought tears of JOY to my eyes! ;)

Congrats!! It's a new life style:) I too was sleeved on the 1/23. I have lost 7 lbs since surgery. I am still swollen and bloated, was told by the nurse that was to be expected.

Sleeved on 8 th jan lost 30 lbs starting 285 today 255

Sleeved on 1/16 and already down ~10 lbs. Like everyone else I am ready to eat something besides Protein Drinks and broth but I am a little afraid of how food will feel sitting in my new stomach- I hope I still enjoy eating. Also, has anybody had intense hunger pains? I get so hungry and my hunger pains can get painful

I was sleeved on January 5th. I have lost 32 pounds post op so if I combine that with my 10 pound pre op loss I'm at 42 pounds gone.