Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ November Chat

This is the chat thread for the August 2006 Band Crew!!! Don't forget to update your totals, fills, etc in the August Updates thread in the main forum!!!

Chat away!!!!!:biggrin1:

Hey ABC'ers Welcome to November and Good Luck this month!!!!!! Keep up the great work

This is the chat thread for the August 2006 Band Crew!!! Don't forget to update your totals, fills, etc in the August Updates thread in the main forum!!!

Chat away!!!!!:biggrin1:

Hey, thanks for reminding me. I'll head over there right now. Happy November, everybody!

WAY TO GO ABC FOR ALL THE GREAT LOSSES IN OCTOBER. :P

I JUST GOT BACK FROM GETTING MY 3RD FILL I HAVE AN 10 CC BAND AND NOW HAVE 5.6CC HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HELP I AM WORKING OUT 5 TO 6 DAYS A WEEK AND THE scale IS NOT MOVING AND I AM NOT NOTICING ANY CHANGE IN MY CLOTHES YET. BUT WHEN I WENT TO THE DR. I HAD LOST 5 LBS SO NOW I AM DOWN 31 LBS.:D I HAD MY SECOND FILL A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO BUT REALLY DIDN'T SEE MUCH CHANGE, I AM NOTICING A LITTLE CHANGE WITH THE THIRD BUT I WILL KNOW BETTER IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT HAS HAD TO HAVE 3 FILLS? I WONDER IF THAT IS NORMAL? :)

BANDED 08/21/2006

350/319/150

1 FILL 4CC LOST MOST OF THAT

2 FILL 4.5CC

3 FILL 5.6CC TOTAL IN BAND

* HOLLY *

Okay so my goal for Oct was 10 lbs and I lost 7... not too bad I guess....Also I had to change my ticker, I was using my old scale for that tally and that origional weight so I just decided to use my Drs origional weight and total now..... kinda depressing since it makes me weigh more but my total loss is still getting higher so thats good. I added my myspace link for anyone who uses myspace, I'd love to be friends! I keep posting my new pics there and I am leaveing some of the old ones up so my friends can see the difference.

I had a bit of a set back with my wedding this week also, my best friend and one of the groomsmen has been deployed to Iraq. He leaves on the 13th and wouldnt be back in time for the wedding, he will be back in exactly one year (we hope) and I'm considering moving my date back about 6 weeks so that he can be here for it. I know its only 6 weeks but I've been planning for 10 months for an Oct wedding and now it would be a Dec wedding, big difference! I would change the colors and everything for a wintery feel. I love him though and I want him to be there so I guess its worth it....any opinions????

WAY TO GO ABC FOR ALL THE GREAT LOSSES IN OCTOBER. :P

I JUST GOT BACK FROM GETTING MY 3RD FILL I HAVE AN 10 CC BAND AND NOW HAVE 5.6CC HOPEFULLY THIS WILL HELP I AM WORKING OUT 5 TO 6 DAYS A WEEK AND THE scale IS NOT MOVING AND I AM NOT NOTICING ANY CHANGE IN MY CLOTHES YET. BUT WHEN I WENT TO THE DR. I HAD LOST 5 LBS SO NOW I AM DOWN 31 LBS.:D I HAD MY SECOND FILL A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO BUT REALLY DIDN'T SEE MUCH CHANGE, I AM NOTICING A LITTLE CHANGE WITH THE THIRD BUT I WILL KNOW BETTER IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT HAS HAD TO HAVE 3 FILLS? I WONDER IF THAT IS NORMAL? :)

BANDED 08/21/2006

350/319/150

1 FILL 4CC LOST MOST OF THAT

2 FILL 4.5CC

3 FILL 5.6CC TOTAL IN BAND

* HOLLY *

I think that's normal. Or at least I hope so, I'm going for my 3rd. fill on Wednesday. I've got a Vanguard and I'm already at 7cc. Does your doc. require liquids for a week after a fill? Mine does and that really helps the pounds to drop.

Good luck with your fill.

Janie, If you can change the church, receiption place, flowers, cake, and dresses in time, then go for it. What does your man think? December is a beautiful time of year.

Holly, I was banded in Aug and just had my 2nd fill, but I was behind others. I just wish I had as many cc's as you. I only have 2.8 and I am still not feeling any restriction.

Diane

Thanks For The Replys. Kutia And Ladydi

I Also Have The Vanguard And I Was Getting A Little Worried Because It Is A 10cc Band And Was Feeling No Restriction Until This 3rd Fill At 5.6cc. My Dr Has Me Do 2 Days Of liquids And 1 Day Mushies. I Got The Third Fill On Thursday And Had Solids Today And Can Really Say I Know Now What Restiction Feels Like, I Had To Stop And Let It Go Down Alot More Than Before I Thought I Was Going To Pb, But Didn't And Can Eat Just A Small Amout, Which Before I Really Had No Restricion And Could Eat Anything I Really Wanted To And I Know I Could Eat More Than I Was.

MY GOAL FOR OCTOBER WAS 10LBS AND I LOST 5LBS BUT THATS OK.

I WILL TRY TO MAKE 10 LBS FOR NOVEMBER.:)

* HOLLY *

I have a vanguard too and just had my 2nd fill on Friday. I now have 4cc in there and am finally feeling some restriction. No pbing thankfully, but I am feeling full when I wasn't before. I've already lost 3 pounds, so hopefully this will help me get over the hump! :) Although today I've noticed that I'm feeling nauseous after I eat. Nothing major that makes me want to puke, but still feeling a bit queasy. Anyone else noticed that? Maybe it's totally unrelated to the band, but figured I'd ask! I'm heading to Disney for vacation the first week of December so I think I'm going wait for any fills till after that, even if the restriction I feel now doesn't last. I've read stories on here about flying bothering people's bands and I dont' want to have a problem down there! But, I'm hoping this fill sticks and works for awhile. Not sure how I did with my October challenge, I don't remember what my starting weight was, but I think I lost about 7lbs this month. Not bad! My goal for November is to lose 5 lbs.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I'm also going for my third fill on the 24th. I would be going sooner but the doctor isn't doing fills until then. I was losing like crazy for a while there and then completely stalled. I made my October goal of 10 pounds but am anxious about making a November goal as I feel I have little restriction and I won't be getting another fill till the end of the month. I'm also working out five days a week and really trying hard to stay on track. (although, I did have a few pieces of Halloween candy.< /span>:) )

Jamie, that's a really tough deal. If it's not to difficult to change it, that's good. I know where I live, dates need to be booked almost a year in advance. I'll keep your friends (as well as all our troops) in my thoughts.

Bug, I'm with you. I'm thinking 5 pounds may be do-able.

Hello all!

I am going tommorow to get a 3rd fill. I didn't loose a thing with the 2nd. So they are going to get me in early. My only concern, I have to fly out to LA Wednesday in the am. I am very nervous about having a fill and flying off. BUT it will make it easier for me to afford eating out every night in LA!

:)

brandy, my 2nd fill is tomorrow. I'm excited. I only lost like 3 pounds. I lost 8 to begin with but gained 5 back already. blah!

You're losing really well! I'm so proud of you!!!

Well, my second fill has me pretty restricted. I had my first PB although at first I wasn't sure that's what it was because it wasn't that bad. It came and went very quickly, thank God. The weird thing is that I'm feeling hungrier than I was with my last fill. Hungry all the time....even after I eat.:) The scale has moved again....I'm officially down a total of 45 lbs. now. Speaking of scales....My scale addiction is back with full force. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 times a day! I joined the gym finally and have made it only twice this week (I was in TJ having my fill for 2 days though). I think I need to throw my scale away and only weigh at the gym. Then the only way to feed my scale addiction is to drive my lazy ass to the gym to weigh, and as long as I'm there, maybe I'll work out. LOL After lurking on ObesityHelp, I found that they have a very active California board, with quite a few banded members (most members are bypass though). They are a great, friendly, welcoming bunch. From lurking on the main board and hearing other's stories, I got the impression that they were all very anti band. This Cali group is so accepting. I can't wait to start to go to their events....it seems like something is going on every weekend. I'm hoping it will help me to be surrounded by others in real life who are going through the same struggles as myself.

Jamie...If you could hold off till your friend returns I'm sure he would be honored by it. God Bless him and the rest of our troops. My little cousin has been in Iraq for about a month and I keep all of them in my prayers daily.