Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everybody,

I feel so proud of myself and just want to share it and maybe inspire newby's a little too. I was banded May 8, 2004 (8.5 weeks ago) in Tijuana Mexico by Dr. Lopez. I went to weigh in today which I always do with a little bit of dread, and I had actually lost another 3.7 lbs bringing my total to 39.4 lbs. I still have not had a fill and keep waiting to either plateau or gain. I was especially amazed because this last week with the holiday weekend I had 3 days with my calorie intake around the 1600 range. Last week I had also weighed one day later so this weeks weigh week only included 6 days. I was just really happy about it. I started off a lot heavier than a lot of you and feel like I am making up for lost time. I started off at 362 and now am at 322.8. I would be very thrilled if this keeps going for awhile. Who knows... Teresa

P.S. Last week I finally had to break down and get a few new clothes, all at least 1-2 sizes (or x's) smaller. Too cool... :D

WHOO HOO!!! :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :Bunny :banana :banana :banana :banana :D :D :D :D :D :D

THAT IS WAY COOL!!!

CONGRATS Teresa

Congratulations Teresa!!! :D :D :D

You are doing great! It is nice to hear about those of us who have restriction even without a fill.

I wish I could only eat 1600 cals a day! Boy, I might be able to lose a pound or two. My body hangs on to everything and with only minor restriction, I have only been able to stay around 1800 cals a day. 200 cals seems like no big deal, but when you are like me busy and hungry all the time... I give into my inner voice most times than not.

I hope you can continue on this path forward and lose even more without a fill. Keep up the wonderful job.

Take Care,

Congratulations, Teresa!! That's wonderful and you're on a terrific roll now. Remember how you feel now when you do plateau (because it WILL happen, eventually) and you're starting to fret. You're WAY ahead of the game, lady, and will do wonderfully on your journey. :D :D :D

Thanks folks! I am really proud of where I am at and also realize I am ahead of the game. I am sure I will have plateaus at some point and keep expecting them. I would be amazed if I lost 200 lbs from this but when I think about it I am 1/5 of the way there in just the 8 weeks. I know it will get harder at some point, don't worry... I thought 1600 calories was a lot. I try to keep it closer to 1200-1300 calories. I eat so much better now and am a lot less hungry as often as preband. Thanks again for all of your support though. Teresa

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

You go Teresa!!!

Congratulations on a wonderful start!

Leatha

AWSOME TERESA!!!!

your getting close to the 200's!!! i started at 350 and getting to 299 was a big accomplishment. keep it up girlie!!

michelle

Yeah, Teresa!!! I'm so proud of you! I bought some smaller nightgowns because the old ones were falling off my shoulders. And new panties...what woman doesn't mind having a smaller butt?

Thanks Michelle and Marie,

Firstly EVERYBODY wants a smaller butt, so kudos to you Marie. Michelle, getting to 299 will be a major accomplishment!!! Last year I tried Zenixal. I was only initially at 340 and got to 321 so that was my all time low for the last 18 months. I think about 4 years ago I got into the 3 hundred and some teen number with weight watchers, so 299 would be an all time low for about the last 1/2 dozen years at least.

I think everybody who has gotten the band and has lost something deserves a big congratulations. Thanks for all of the sweet kind words from everybody. Teresa

Guest Dede F

It is encouraging to hear from someone in the 300+ losing so quickly. I am on the doctor supervised 6 month weight loss program required by my insurance so I won't be getting a surgery date for a while yet. Your post was really encouraging, congradulations and thanks for sharing.

T, thanks for posting that. I would be right there with you if this "party girl" attitude would chill for awhile. I checked my calendar and the next 3-day weekend isn't till September, so maybe I can avoid cocktails till then and keep following your lead to get back on the losing track. My heart is all lippity-loopity thinking about how you must feel - what a rush.

And Shelly, from 350? That's simply miraculous.

After this camping trip, I'm sure I gained a couple pounds, but the scale only showed 1/2 pound gain. I don't pay attention though, because my body takes a week to catch up. So if I eat perfect next week, I'll probably gain 2 pounds.

Here's my take on plateaus: It's like when I do crazy Spring Cleaning. If you walk into my house during one of my rare but MAD cleaning sprees, you'd think I live in a dump. Everthing has to come out of the closets and cupboards and piled all over the kitchen first. Mismatched Tupperwear, dust bunnies and kitchen boogers get scrapped & dragged from behind the appliances, and piles of spoiled science projects come out of the fridge.

But after a couple hours, when all the guts are clean and I take the piles of garbage to the curb, clean the counters and floors, suddenly the house is immaculate.

That's how my head thinks when I've stopped losing. As long as I'm eating like a normal person and remaining active, I know my guts and insides are doing stuff to make the weight leave. Because I never just lose one pound. I'll stay at the same weight for a couple weeks then drop 3 pounds over night. So when we are eating right and being active, stuff is going on inside us - working to clean out the boogies and dust bunnies, which will go away if we're good to ourselves.