Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post-op

Hi all. Today marks 3 weeks since surgery. I had lost 22 lbs but have put 2 lbs back on this week since i started puree. Is that normal? I hate that im not loosing! of course im not moving alot and maybe thats why too. I went to Walmart yeaterday and walked around the store but with all the snow outside im not going for walks every day other than walking around the house, up and down basement stairs. Eating about 500 calories @day.

Hey this was the exact path I took. I was sleeved 12/5 at 277. 12/20 at 2 week visit I weighed 257lbs. The I started purée I went up to 261. I am at 260 this am. There is a lot of threads on here about 3 week stall guess that is what has got us.

I am going to try eating every three hours starting tomorrow because some on here suggest that will help metabolism. I know it is frustrating and seems like the scale will not move but it will sooner or late.

Best advice I have been given is to stop weighing everyday although I still do it is good advice LOL! Also look at inches loss. If you don't currently track this begin it will surprise you.

Ok thanks for the advice! My lbs are exactly thw same as you. My surgert was dec 11 @277. 2 wk i was 257. Now up to 260. I meant to take my measurments but never did. I thonk my arms are a bit smaller. I'll take my measurements now!

hey guys !!!! my sleeve was on dec 8...i am at a stall and it sux !!!! it was sooo fun watching the scale drop a lb every day , and then it stopped at 208 about 1 1/2 wks ago ...:(.........but .......i do not have a single piece of clothing that fits right now !!!!! im in the health care fielsd and a clothes hoarder !!! i tried on and counted NINETY SIX size 3x scrub tops and not one fit .....and they were all tight at the hips at that !!but now they all hang on me..literally!! i went to Walmart and xl tops are a lil snug just like the 3x fit me and i bought em ..hope i can wear em when i go back to work on the 21st!!! but yeah ...this stall really really sux!!! i knew it was gonna happen , but i think.....what if it just stays stuck there ???? :P

Yeah i even thought of going back to the Protein Shakes instead of puree but i suppose that wouldnt be following the proper diet plan which i believe is to get us back to eating normal food in a balanced meal and smaller portions while getting in our proper Protein. well like my one friend told me to remember at each step along the way "this too shall pass". And it will!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to report back the scale is moving again. I started trying to get at least 1000 calories and eatting every three hours. I make sure I get my Protein but be sure it is not just Protein. I am on to regular foods so I am trying to work the fruit and veggie back in. I am also drinking my 64 oz of Fluid. I was in a stall for a solid two weeks at 260/261 and today I wake at 258.6.

I don't know what part of that made the stall end or if it just did so in spite of what I did but YAY the scale moved! I just want to share hope it works for you guys!

Wow thats great news! I'm still stalled! Today 261. Frustrating to say the least but i know i'm not getting all my liquids in and i'm eating around 600 calories @day which i thought might be too much but you are saying 1000 so i may call my NUT today or track my liquids better today......hmmm. Are you back to work yet? I'm still off work but have been doing more housework cleaning, washing curtains, and going through my closet and dresser rearranging and cleaning stuff out to get moving more. Right side still hurts if i overdo it. But getting better! I'm at 24 days postop today. Thanks for the update!

I get back into full swing next week. Work for me consist of helping my husband with his little Debbie distribution route and then volunteering to teach at three after school bible clubs, one Wednesday night children's program and a Sunday Children Church worker. Between the route and chasing down kids I get lots of walking. I need to get back to the gym where I swam, walked and lifted weights I have not been since September. I do keep myself busy at home with the same household things as you. I even cleaned out the attic with my hubby's help in the lifting.

That sore muscle pain happen to me at around the same time as you. Thank God it does not last long.

I think when our calories get so low our bodies cling to all they get. Try a few days eating more if it does not work you can change back.

Thx kapoorvilla. Im gping to GNC to get PB2 maybe that will help me drink my shakes more. Also some yogurt ans other things! Ill keep you posted when i start to loose again.