Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of my December sleevers...

Hello everyone, I had my surgery 12-21-2012. I have reached passed my goal by 2 pounds. For the month of November I lost 6 pounds and 1 inch off my waist. I've lost 134 pounds total and am not sure when the weight stop dropping? This month and last month I didn't exercise and still lost 6 in November and 8 in October. I'm 5'7 anybody here around that height? what is your goal weight?

Hello everyone, I had my surgery 12-21-2012. I have reached passed my goal by 2 pounds. For the month of November I lost 6 pounds and 1 inch off my waist. I've lost 134 pounds total and am not sure when the weight stop dropping? This month and last month I didn't exercise and still lost 6 in November and 8 in October. I'm 5'7 anybody here around that height? what is your goal weight?

I'm 5'6 and I'm 149 lbs I'm good with my weight. My goal weight was 165 I have gone above and beyond that but I would not mind getting to 145.

I was sleeved 10/12/12 so I am getting close to my one year.. Started at 255 and now sitting at 143. I surpassed my goal but I too am struggling with the maintenance phase.. Halloween candy also took me down for a while and now the Christmas baking has been tempting me.. Oi time to get back on track! If anyone has tips for maintenance I would be interested too.

Hi there,

I was sleeved on 12/10/2012 - so just about one year ago! Highest 225 and I am now at about 118! I have been pretty much maintaining at this point...

I know this might sound a little crazy, but Monday through Friday - I measure my food. I am still at about 1/2 Cup for each meal - breakfast/lunch/dinner and i have between 2 to 3 Snacks per day. I try not to indulge too much on the weekend - but I don't measure as much on those days...
I am definitely not perfect - but that was the whole point of the surgery right! The idea that I could never have anything that I liked would kill me. If I have a piece of candy on Halloween or pecan pie at Thanksgiving dinner - it is not hurting me. By controlling my meals so well, I am able to indulge now and then.
I try to exercise at least 3 days a week. I love at home workout videos a lot - and the gym is ok too.... If you are looking for a great video that will tone your whole body, I would suggest "Ripped" by Jari Love! It is an hour, but man is it good!
The past year has been really wonderful! I am so happy that I can control my eating so much better now... I try to eat something small every two hours..I never get hungry that way!
Last week, I went to the store with an old friend that was always skinnier than me and knew it...she got a six and I got the 4 pant! How do you like me now!!!!

I feared the Holidays.. But now that one has come and gone and I lost weight its no longer a fear my sleeve works I just knew I was gonna gain weight from the things I ate but that didn't happen.. Shockingly I am still loosing without a thought and I love it. I make 1 year on December 6 and I been reached my goal.. At times I get jealous at people who can actually eat a very heavy loaded plate of food but as long as I can at least taste each item and feel full I get over it quickly... Anyone else fearing the Holidays?

I feared the Holidays.. But now that one has come and gone and I lost weight its no longer a fear my sleeve works I just knew I was gonna gain weight from the things I ate but that didn't happen.. Shockingly I am still loosing without a thought and I love it. I make 1 year on December 6 and I been reached my goal.. At times I get jealous at people who can actually eat a very heavy loaded plate of food but as long as I can at least taste each item and feel full I get over it quickly... Anyone else fearing the Holidays?

I feared the holidays as well! I ate and enjoyed my family and didn't gain! I am so happy/jealous to hear that you are still losing! I am completely stuck? Any suggestions?

I feared the holidays as well! I ate and enjoyed my family and didn't gain! I am so happy/jealous to hear that you are still losing! I am completely stuck? Any suggestions?

I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck I really didn't experience to many stalls and when I did I would go back to stage 2 type foods yogurt tuna and so on that would always seem to jump start my sleeve for me. I stay away from bad carbs they make the difference in what is lost and gained for me.. No bread No rice No Pasta and it seems to work I stay away from sugar and other foods with names i cant pronounce.. All I can say is try something different to jump start it and keep away from heavy carbs.. Best of luck to you

HHi, I'm new to this firu

Havent posted progress in a while.

Just past the 11 month mark.

Sleeved 12/31/2012

High weight: 303
Surgery weight: 297

First month: - 31lbs
Second month: - 11 lbs
Third month: - 13 lbs
Fourth month: - 10 lbs
Fifth month: - 10 lbs

Sixth month: - 9 lbs
Seventh month: - 4.8

Eighth month: - 8.6
Ninth month: - 6.8

Tenth month: - 4.2

Eleventh month: - 6.2

Current weight: 187.2

Total lost: - 115.2 lbs

Average Calories: 1300-1400 per day.

Havent posted progress in a while. Just past the 11 month mark. Sleeved 12/31/2012 High weight: 303 Surgery weight: 297 First month: - 31lbs Second month: - 11 lbs Third month: - 13 lbs Fourth month: - 10 lbs Fifth month: - 10 lbsSixth month: - 9 lbsSeventh month: - 4.8Eighth month: - 8.6Ninth month: - 6.8 Tenth month: - 4.2 Eleventh month: - 6.2Current weight: 187.2 Total lost: - 115.2 lbs Average Calories: 1300-1400 per day.

MY GOODNESS!! Great job!!

Havent posted progress in a while. Just past the 11 month mark. Sleeved 12/31/2012 High weight: 303 Surgery weight: 297 First month: - 31lbs Second month: - 11 lbs Third month: - 13 lbs Fourth month: - 10 lbs Fifth month: - 10 lbsSixth month: - 9 lbsSeventh month: - 4.8Eighth month: - 8.6Ninth month: - 6.8 Tenth month: - 4.2 Eleventh month: - 6.2Current weight: 187.2 Total lost: - 115.2 lbs Average Calories: 1300-1400 per day.

MY GOODNESS!!! Great job!!

I am having surgery in December. I am very scared of the malnutrition part of it. I am a nurse and probably just paranoid. I have read a lot of post. Wondering about the stomach spasms I read about. How long they last and how painful they are? I also wondered about if anyone having problems getting to thin and cant keep there weight stable. Is the restriction hard to get use to ? Really nervous. Please respond if you have insight to these questions. Thanks

<p>I am having surgery in December. I am very scared of the malnutrition part of it. I am a nurse and probably just paranoid. I have read a lot of post. Wondering about the stomach spasms I read about. How long they last and how painful they are? I also wondered about if anyone having problems getting to thin and cant keep there weight stable. Is the restriction hard to get use to ? Really nervous. Please respond if you have insight to these questions. Thanks</p>

Hi Tracie...please be scared...be enuf scared that you have exhausted all research methods before you do this. While I don't know anything about stomach spasms, I have truly had my share of complications in this past year. I am currently at 119 and my doctor's (and my) goal weight was 145. I cannot stop losing weight...

The restriction is different for everybody so it's hard to make just one comment about it, although my restriction is still really good even a year out.

My malabsorption and malnutrition is absolutely horrible and I take more meds than anyone deserves to...I was just diagnosed with Addison's disease and I now have a thyroid disorder too. My blood pressure is currently 78/40 (I'm in the hospital as we speak for a kink in my small intestine, they did surgery yesterday).

Please let me know if you have any other questions after giving you this very brief synopsis of what's been going on with me...you might look up some of the other posts I've made if you're interested in more...all I know to tell you is to please do your research for an outstanding surgeon and all the what fors to come.

I am having surgery in December. I am very scared of the malnutrition part of it. I am a nurse and probably just paranoid. I have read a lot of post. Wondering about the stomach spasms I read about. How long they last and how painful they are? I also wondered about if anyone having problems getting to thin and cant keep there weight stable. Is the restriction hard to get use to ? Really nervous. Please respond if you have insight to these questions. Thanks

There is always the risk of complication but for me this has been the best decision. I'm 5'5" and 140 lbs currently. I thought I would be happy at 150 and could maintain that without much deprivation. The weight still is coming off at a 1/4 to 1/2 lb a week. I'm not really trying to lose but joined a gym last month and have lost a size just from toning. I go for my annual visit next week. A year ago I was 104 lbs heavier. My nutritionist has me taking two flintstone chewables, Calcium, Vitamin D, b-12. That is routine for all patients. I'm also on b complex and just added Vitamin A because bloodwork demonstrated deficiency.

I'd rather be on supplements than morbidly obese.

Stomach spasms for me lasted about a month. I had a sublingual medicine for it that helped and I would walk laps inside my house and that helped.

The restriction is a learning curve. I still have a lot. I can't drink for an hour or so after eating still. My limit is a 6 oz yogurt or equivalent volume of solids. I still don't eat bread, Pasta, etc. I have a "tell" that I'm full. My nose runs and I sneeze. Some people hiccup. The few times I didn't listen to my "tell", I proceeded to vomit. Eat slowly and listen to your body.

I wish you the best of luck. The first two months are rough but it gets better everyday after that.

Hi everyone! My 1 year Surgiversary was yesterday! I'm down 76 pounds! From 227 to 151. I'm 1 pound from my Doctors goal and 11 from my own. More importantly, I'm on half of the blood pressure medicine I was on and will probably soon be on none, I only take one med for my asthma when I used to take three, my oxygen rate is wonderful now and my overall health has astonished my primary care physician. I'm so happy with my sleeve!