Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GOOD fast food choices ?! :)

hi! :) i had my surgery on december 8 and am basically eating soft foods to almost regular .......any comments or suggestions on healthy choices at fast food places ??? i am in the health care field and am going back to work on jan. 21...any suggestions as i am always on the go , and if i forget my lunces at least i may have a go to !!!! I am including a few i have heard of myself and i will include them ....any more ??? :)

taco bell..........pintos n cheese

whitts bbq.......smoked ckn legs

bojangles ........grilled ckn bites any more ??? lol!!! :)

post-47339-13813661804388_thumb.jpg

There are no good fast food choices. It's fast food garbage really.

if you have a locker or a desk have extra food stuffed in there for when you forget. I keep chili, Soups, Protein Bars, etc in mine to fall back on. i bought several small serving containers with lids and try to cook up a couple of things on the weekends, then break it down in small servings and toss it in the freezer. I just reach in and grab something along with a Protein Shake and some yogurt and that is what I eat on all day.

If at all possible, stay away from fast food! Bring Snacks to work to keep in your desk. If you absolutely must, look at Taco Bell's fresco menu and don't eat the tortillas. Chick-fil-a (I boycott it but that's my choice) you could do a grilled chicken sandwich, but only eat the piece of chicken and not the bread

Order a grilled chicken sandwich with just meat and bread, then throw out the bread and eat the chicken breast.

The first two items are the only ones I get from fast food. Though there are some other options that sound good, they aren't as healthy as that might first appear.

Panera low fat chicken noodle Soup - 13.5 oz - 120 calories

1.5g fat, 1380mg sodium, 22g carbs, 3g Fiber, 8g Protein

fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonald's - 130 calories

4g Protein, 25g carbs, 2g fat

fruit and maple oatmeal from McDonald's - 250 calories with changes below

(It is actually 2 servings of oatmeal.)

ask them to skip adding in the sugar and substitute hot Water for the cream

add in the fruit

5g protein, 5g Fiber, 49g carbs, 2.5g fat

(That's a ton of carbs!)

Wendy's apple pecan chicken salad - no pecans, no dressing - 350 calories

As served - 570 calories

Wendy's spicy chicken Caesar salad - no croutons, no dressing - 470 calories

As served - 770 calories

Wendy's small chili - 210 calories

6g fat, 40mg cholesterol, 880 mg sodium, 21g carbs, 6g fiber, 17g protein

Panera low fat vegetarian black bean - 240 calories

2.5g fat, 1270mg sodium, 50g carbs, 9g fiber, 12g protein

You can go to just about any fast food/restaurant web site and see their nutritional information.

I also keep Snacks in my desk, 2oz cans of tuna, almonds, turkey Jerky, Protein bars, but if I have to get fast food Wendy's chili is not bad. The small is a cup and I only can eat half of it.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I would honestly say avoid Fast food places-too much temptation in the beginning. Also, fast food is frozen, or soaked in salt. My brother runs a chicken chain, my boys both work in fast food and I come from a family of restaurant owners. Good ol' home cooking is best for weight loss! If you must, stick to the fresh items...like salads-thnigs that are raw. The chili's and other items have a tonne of sodium and preservatives. Preservatives are linked to causing weight gain...http://www.organicliaison.com/blog/2010/09/09/why-preservatives-additives-and-other-chemicals-cause-weight-gain/ ...and I would be soooo tempted to order "just a side" of fries!

I went dining out with friends last night and ordered musself in wine sauce and passed my side of fries around the table-it was awsome-soft Protein, 7 cals a mussel and no guilt.

If possible, make your own fast food at night for lunch-grill a bunch of chicken breasts and make a honey garlic dip or use a low fat dressing, and toss a big salad....I just have no willpower with fast food restaurants! Old habits die hard :)

I'm not at at that point yet, but I was told by my MDs office that Wendy's chili was good.

I love Panera yummmmmm

Also like chik fil a grilled chicken nuggets or grilled chicken salad

I think Chipotle is a pretty good fast food place...fresher & less processed ingredients, and no fried stuff either The burrito bowls are great because you can watch how they're putting it together, and direct them on how to make it. Leftovers also wrap up nicely for later.

The fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonalds, and they are yummy!