Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kellys staff change..

Hi Lora

Does Dr. Kelly work with Drs. Cabrera (Garcia) and Louisana?

How does he compare to them and how much does he charge? is it the same cost?

I have some medical issues and Dr. Cabrera wants to find out more from the doctors reports before he decides to take on the surgery.. The Co Ordinator asked if Cabrera is out, would I like her to contact Dr. Kelly because he may do it. Is that because he's 'better'? Or what is the difference between them and the package offered?

Hi Lora

Does Dr. Kelly work with Drs. Cabrera (Garcia) and Louisana?

How does he compare to them and how much does he charge? is it the same cost?

I have some medical issues and Dr. Cabrera wants to find out more from the doctors reports before he decides to take on the surgery.. The Co Ordinator asked if Cabrera is out' date=' would I like her to contact Dr. Kelly because he may do it. Is that because he's 'better'? Or what is the difference between them and the package offered?[/quote']

You may try emailing Lora for personal scheduling questions. You may get a faster response. Info@wlsclinic.com Good luck : )

You both are not alone! It is so sad how many of us have been through this struggle. There is absolutely nothing easy about being fat...despite what anyone says. My story is pretti simalar. I am a single Mom of 5 adult children and grandma to 1 with another on the way. I have struggled most of my adult life. I've played the yoyo diet game and I think back in 2003 I got down to 145 pounds with phen-fen...which is why I had my first heart surgery in 2007 due to leaky valves...all I wanted was to be skinny and accepted. It's such a shame that I have been so judge based on the outside... Finally...after a pretty crappy long (9 years) relationship with a man who was so embarresed of my size that he refused to tell anyone about me...I sold everything I had to pay for the surgery...I was so worried that I wass making a mistake and putting my family at risk financialy. I still have a 17 year old at home and my oldest son and his 7 month pregnant wife (money is tight) All the way to Mexico I had so many fears and doubts...I didn't know if I was making the right choice. I boarded the plane in Atlanta, doubts flooding my mind...Of course I wass seated between to younger men. I hate the "oh God, please don;t let the large lady sit by me look" that i was soon met with. I just sat and prayed, The question I kept asking myself was, am I making a mistake. When from behind me I heard "can you take up anymore room fat ass" at first I ignored it, but the pretty girl behind me wasn't abput to let me ignore her. She repeated herself. I slowly turned around and said "I am sorry that you are so unhappy with your life that you need to bully a complete stranger". Her responce? Whatever b***h. It was at that point I realized, that was my answer, what I had been praying for. I sat there determined not to cry and the burning I felt inside my soul made it possible for me to continue on by myself, without fear. When I stepped off the plane and met up with Dr. Kelly and his wife Cecy, I felt at home. I knew I was where I should be.

Now, almost a month after, I have had moments where I mourne the beautiful fat girl that I am...I feel like I have adapted my body to make others realize how beautiful I am, how beautiful I have always been...it's a shame that others are more concerned about my outsides than my insides. Needless to say...Here I am and I would make the same choice over and over again...I am so greatful to Dr. Kelly for showing me such love and compassion. When he offered me the job, it was a no brainer...I want to be able to help others create the life they want...I will be moving to Mexico in July, I am so excited that then I can meet all of you that I talk to in person and be there to love and support you through this HUGE change in life....

Lora,

I'm so happy to hear you're the coordinator for Dr. Kelly. You seem PERFECT for the job. He is such a terrific doctor, so in my opinion, he deserves an intelligent, caring staff. You seem to fit the bill. Your post about being on the airplane was heartbreaking. Having been in the "fat seat" will allow you to help others by truly having been in their shoes. I was so impressed with Dr. Kelly and I can testify that his skill and bedside manner make him number one in my book.

So good luck to you and it's nice to see you on this forum. You can count me as a friend!

Andrea

no longer a fatty-thanks to Dr. Kelly

I feel so excited because I booked in with Dr. Kelly for March 4th and I'm getting a great deal on my flight too :) Lora has been wonderful to talk to. I look forward to talking with Dr. Kelly personally today or tomorrow, and that's amazing - I'd say Canada has a good health care system but I've only heard from my doctor once in my life over the phone (and it was brief, and not good news). I'm impressed that he makes himself available to answer my medical questions!