Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who else is waiting on approval?

Just got my sleeve date of 2/13. Experiencing some anxiety but its all good....I think thats pretty standard.

That's great! Yes my brain is going a million miles a minute. We got this!!! Best of luck to you.

I have been very patient with my coordinator so far, but it's time to talk to her manager. It took almost a month for her to originally submit the paperwork. Then Cigna denied because the surgeon was out of network. That was 1/8. I have called every week and nothing. I called several times last week and was told that she was on the other line and would call me back right away (this was Wed and Fri). Never called me back. Until today. Now she told me that Cigna said the other surgeon is not on my plan. They are working on getting the contract changed but it could take a while. Well, that's a lie. I had already checked that this surgeon was in network.

I called the pre-cert contact she had been talking to and she tells me that the surgeon is on my plan (which I knew) but that the office address is wrong. The office moved in December, I tell her. She says that the address has to be updated with Cigna in order to identify him as the surgeon and reconcider the certification. What is the coordinator smoking?? AND why did it take her a month to get that (wrong) information and tell me?

Has anyone else had issues like this? I like the surgeon, office etc. up to this point. I don't want to start over with a new 3 month pre-op diet, etc. I'm losing my mind!

I'd call the surgeons office and let them know they are missing out on $ because of this issue and speak with the office manager there, have her correct it asap through the surgeons contract with Cigna. I'm sure they will get that in pretty quickly, go past the coordinator straight to the surgeon's office manager.

Hey , I'm jabbing the same problem . My coordinator was suppose to submit my paperwork on jan 14 . I have contact my insurance almost everyday and they have not received anything . Before she use too answer her phone or call me back . Now she does not answer at all . I'm about to schedule an appointment and ask what's going on . I'm really fed up , if its too much work for her to send paperwork , then I should just take my paperwork someplace else. I really want to have surgery with my surgeon but if my process will continue to be delayed bc of her . then I will have to go so place else .

I'm going through the same thing with them not responding to me. I just had questions about the surgery itself and no one will respond.

My brother went to this program and he referred me (and several others). He gave me the name of the manager who he is still in contact with. I called her and told her the whole situation. She said that my file shows that Cigna has given several different reasons, but the wrong address wasn't one of them. She is going to personally get in contact with Cigna and try to pin down what they need to do and call me tomorrow with an update. Hopefully, she will get the ball rolling a bit faster!

Same craziness here. I considered going to a different surgeon but it would have taken much longer. I definitely will not be recommending them.

What I don't understand is why they would not take better care of their clients?! They are getting enough $ out of us!

Some of these coordinators are on CRA**, at least mine is!! I am just burning. The fact that I have Anthem of CA and she sent the claim to BCBS of Texas, tells me she is on CRA** or she just doesn't care. When she told me I shouldn't be calling the insurance that was her job, still burns me. If I hadn't checked with my insurance daily, I would have never known she screwed up. I will never recommend this surgeon to anyone, not because of him but because of his staff.

Just got my sleeve date of 2/13. Experiencing some anxiety but its all good....I think thats pretty standard.

Congrats!!

I hope we all get answers soon!! Good luck to everyone! Maybe this is our week!

I just want to get to the end of the month for my last pre-op appt so they can submit to my insurance!!

Some of these coordinators are on CRA**, at least mine is!! I am just burning. The fact that I have Anthem of CA and she sent the claim to BCBS of Texas, tells me she is on CRA** or she just doesn't care. When she told me I shouldn't be calling the insurance that was her job, still burns me. If I hadn't checked with my insurance daily, I would have never known she screwed up. I will never recommend this surgeon to anyone, not because of him but because of his staff.

I agree! If we don't stay on top of things, it may not get done. I've been very patient - I haven't called daily, so now I think I'm entitled to be a little pissed off. I was prepared for the insurance taking it's time on approving, but the coordinator messing everything up just has me floored!

Its actually kind of ridiculous...they make it seem as if its the insurance company.. but its them taking their sweet A@# time...I got approved on 1-4... I called them 6 times to find out about scheduling my surgery and they still said insurance was the hold up...I would keep calling..call your insurance co and Dr.. hey they all make a ton of money off us..make em work.. :) .. hope you all hear something soon..

I was approved today surgery is the 26th!!