Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BURNING MORE CALORIES THEN YOU EAT

I swim laps for 30 mins then leg and arm exercises for 30 mins then more laps for like I love to swim. According to fitness pal I am sometimes burning more then the 1200 I am taking in. So my question is this ok? How do you accurately track your calories burned for swimming?

Thank you for responding in advance

Ok in all I do 45 mins of laps and 30 of leg and arms and sometimes I stop at an hour. Sorry for typos

Great exercising!!! Kudos to you!!

I think that most of us have decided that MFP's exercise data is a bit inaccurate. In fact, it gets me so aggravated that I don't even log my exercise!! ;-)

Ok cause I was like wow that cant be right but I will take it since it since it makes my brain feel better lol.

So is swimming a good exercise to lose weight? I have Fluid on my spine and at this weight the treadmill hurts.

Yay for swimming!!! As far as MFP numbers, I find it WAY overestimates calories burned for me. Maybe for someone with normal metabolism it is fine, but for me it wasn't working. I've finally embraced my slower metabolism as a good thing and am getting the sleeve done to help me better manage it. MFP treats weight loss like a pure numbers game but we know it's more complicated than that.

Ok cause I was like wow that cant be right but I will take it since it since it makes my brain feel better lol.

So is swimming a good exercise to lose weight? I have Fluid on my spine and at this weight the treadmill hurts.

Yes! Swimming is a perfect exercise, esp for people with physical issues. (I have severe joint damage & both knees are replaced.). Just be careful not to over exert yourself, esp in the beginning. Since Water supports our bodies we don't tire as quickly as we would on land so we have a tendency to do more than we realize. I would suggest starting w 2 or 3 times a week and slowly building up to 5-6 times a week.

Yes! Swimming is a perfect exercise' date=' esp for people with physical issues. (I have severe joint damage & both knees are replaced.). Just be careful not to over exert yourself, esp in the beginning. Since Water supports our bodies we don't tire as quickly as we would on land so we have a tendency to do more than we realize. I would suggest starting w 2 or 3 times a week and slowly building up to 5-6 times a week.[/quote']

Ok thanks I needed to hear that i felt so guilty for not going everyday last week but I was so tired, but i did loose 3 lbs. Thank you

Congrats on the weight loss!! Yay!!! Don't feel guilty about not working out every day. At this point it's best to have an exercise program that fits into your lifestyle so that you'll keep doing it and not quit. I am not a knowledgable exerciser by any means, but I've always been told to allow your muscles to rest between work outs. You can exercise diff parts of your body, but with swimming you really get a full body workout. So IMHO swimming 3-4 times a week is perfect for now!! Good luck and congrats!!

1. You can take a day off from exercise every week. This is not just a weight loss tips but it is part of the exercise routine. Your body needs a day off from an exercise routine so do not hesitate to take a day off from what ever you have been doing.

2. Exercise out doors as far as possible. There are two advantages of doing whatever you are doing out side. One advantage is that it gives your body a chance to get a lot of the much needed fresh air and sunshine. The second advantage is that the surroundings keep you perked up and it is a break form remaining cooped up all day long

3. Try to collect some information about exercise, there are a lot of things that you can do at home. The key in knowing how to lose weight fast is to exercise and learn more about it. Extensive research has been done on exercise and plenty of this information is easily available. You can try browsing the net or getting a book or two on how to exercise at home. This information will be useful to you to know how much you need to work out on each specific exercise in order to burn off the desired number of calories.

4. Try to get somebody to exercise along with you. Having an exercise partner is a secret to success in how to lose weight fast and those people that know how to lose weight fast use to their advantage. Teach your new weight loss tips to others. But it should be somebody committed or else your interest might dwindle. This is indeed an excellent idea. One of the advantages of getting a committed person to exercise with you is that it keeps you going. There may be days when you feel just too lazy to crawl out of bed in the mornings. On such days, the knowledge that some body is waiting for you is enough to slide out of bed. Another advantage is that you can discuss your progress and fears with another person and be a sympathetic listener to the other person as well. This is a fine way of ge.