Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

um QUEstion :D

:help: I have a question and i know alot of the answers i will probably get but alot of times i get annoyed with my band bc of the food choices that i can eat. i have had 3 fills now not sure exactly how many CC's i think its like 3cc in a size 5 band, but anyways, I can eat pizza, thin crust pizza like two pieces usually try not to eat 3 sometimes i can. i can eat chips crackers yogurt steak mashed potatoes Soup. I have issues with normal breaded items, toritas, thick bread, chicken nuggets, i even have issues with salad, bannannas,i cant think of what else at the moment. but does this sound normal to anyone? i just dont understand how my bands so picky all the time. how i have trouble with eggs, sometimes toast but THIN crust pizza seems to work fine>!>!? any ideas why our band catches to certains types of things when they are similar?:help:

Most bands are somewhat fickle! As for why you can eat pizza as opposed to say toast, I would guess it is because there are other textures to help digest the bread crust with. Many people have problems with scrambled eggs, but can eat fried eggs just fine. Someone told us that it was because the egg cooks and never breaks down any further....personally if I add a bit of diced ham or some browned sausage to my scrambled eggs I can eat them just fine, and I have good restriction. salad is a day to day thing with me. I can usually eat it, but I have to be extra cautious with chewing....or it hurts. Bananas are not an easy one for a lot of people, I have not tried because I read about so many having problems.

The time of day affects a lot of bands too. Several people have told me a lot of it depends on how much of the fill is in the ring as opposed to in the tubing. I am definitely a little tighter in the morning than I am in the afternoon or evening.

Hope you get some good answers to your questions!! Good Luck!

Kat

i can eat chips crackers yogurt steak mashed potatoes Soup.< /div>

chips, crackers are junk foods and all junk foods go down easy regardless of your restriction level. Mashed potatoes and yougurts are soft foods which also regardless of your restriction level go down easy and Soups wel lthat is liquids and liquids go right through the band. As bandsters we are told to stay clear from mushy foods and liquid foods andsoft foods. If you are unable to eat hard Proteins and healthy foods then my guess would be you are a tad too tight. You should always be able to eat healthy solids with your band. This was the rule of thumb with my Dr. if I was too tight to eat good healthy solids then I was too tight. Having just a little like .2 cc's removed makes a huge difference in being able to eat healthy foods and hard Proteins. How is your weight loss going? I am curious due to the foods you listed you are able to eat and the foods you are unable to eat. Do you get your 60 grams of Protein in a day?

my doc would scream if he read that.. i shouldnt know whether or not i can keep down pizza, just assume i cant and stay away.lol. same with chips and what not..

but i do agree with the cracker theory, when im having a "tight" day .. crackers always stay down. so the thin crust may be similar in texture.

my wieght loss thus far since the end of july is right at 30 pounds, i really feel clueless at times with the foods i eat! i really apperciate everyones help and info becuase it really helps me alot. I dont think I am TOO tight, not sure I mean there are times i feel like an endless pit as to were i can eat whatever i do try and get my protien in before i eat carbs at meals or i Do a lil of both. i eat a alot of mushie foods, but i thought that was normal, I mean alot by alot of times I dont feel like taking along time to chew so i do choose a baked potato over some foods. LOL i know thats sad to lazy to chew. it just depends but I know i really need to get back on protien shakes! you guys are all great examples of what a bandster should be! i really apperciate your comments-Thanks again and have a great day_Gina:clap2:

My band just loves to tease me. One day I can eat something, the next day I can't. salad is always iffy, so I don't even bother any more. Scrambled eggs, bread, Pasta, cake, and anything breaded is off the menu. Mashed potatoes, unless eaten alone and very thin, form a dam and the rest of the meal comes back up.

I can eat prime rib, if it's not too well done, but have to be very careful with chicken.

No one else's food list will be exactly like yours. And today's list won't be the same as tomorrow's. We Bandsters get up in a whole new food world every day.

As much as I love steak, the effort just isn't worth it, too much chewing. I usually opt for fish or chicken, and with chicken I am very cautious about how tender it is. Scrambled eggs go down just fine as long as I mix in a tiny amount of mayo in with them, thin crust pizza I can do and is a nice treat now and then. Potatoes are usually a no go with me in any form. I can do salads but I have to be picky, most raw veggies don't work well, but the common salad ones are usually ok.

wow i forgot to respond to this and i know its an old post but i havent ever tried soft boil eggs but i will tommorw ;/ my mom made them esp bc she wants me to try them lol

:clap2: