Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Other sites?

Do any of you also use any similar sites as this one?

I would be intersted in finding out if there are other English speaking groups but with more British/European members.Just so I could find out more about certain foods and especially the Protein Drinks etc. Some of the American foods and brands I am not familiar with and I would like to know if they even recommend Protein Shakes in Europe after surgery?

I haven't found any by just searching so thought one of you may have some ideas.......

Just put in the word lapband or lapband forum and hit go or search. There are several websites pertaining to lapband information. Good Luck!

Thank you New Hope. I tried that but they are all American. I think the problem being the English language as this op is still not done that much in the U.K. and the places in Europe where it started and has been going longest in the world are French speaking. I will have to brush up my French!

Thanks so much for the suggestion.

The yahoo groups Bandsters and Smartbandsters have a few people from European countries. Other than that, I don't know. Good luck.

Donali,thank you so much! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for and thought didn't exist! Just reading through some of the posts I hae already found a place I can have fills while I am in London which is very convenient to me. Despite my searching I don't think I'd have found the site so I really am grateful to you.

I have been reading about your recent ordeal too and think you're incredibly brave. I really wish you well and hope you're better very soon.

Hi Yana -

So glad to be of help. I registered at the site, but have never caught up enough to become involved there - just read a few posts, and that was pretty much it. The people seemed very wonderful and supportive, and the board is HUGE!

I feel almost like my old self already - recover from the unbanding has been 100% easier than my recovery from being banded in the first place. I'm sure being 100 pounds lighter helps a whole lot.

Thanks for the well wishes - I'm not so brave as I am practical. :D

Hi Yana,

I live in Ireland and looked for ages to find a good european/english support group - wlsinfo is pretty good - they are really helpful - also there is a good yahoo group called European Bandsters - but I haven't "been" there in ages! In all honesty, I find this one the best even tho all weights are in pound and I don't know a tenth of the food they recommend!!!! Still the best and friendliest people on the www!

best of luck anyway xx

Thanks Bright.

I will probably "frequent" both sites. I just needed more that I could relate to and also wanted to know about Drs etc in U.K. as when I was looking could only find one in Tonbridge so decided to do it here in Dubai and am happy with the outcome. As I spend a lot of time in London over the summer period,up to 3 months I needed to know where I could have a fill etc if necessary.

This site as you say has very friendly,helpful members so I suppose now it is the "best of both worlds"!

Thanks a lot and to Rebeccalee too for the suggestions

There are a couple of Australian ones too and I went there in the early days for more guidance on what a diet after being banded would be like. The whole Protein thing is specifically American. I just take what I want from the experience of others here, I enjoy the chit chat, but I dont really take much notice of the nutritional advice (except to argue, lol, which is pretty pointless because its nothing more than a cultural difference but sometimes I feel moved to point out that its entirely possible to lose to goal never drinking Protein Shakes at all).