Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Women's stocking sizes are EVIL!

I was feeling really great about myself because I'm down to a size 16/18, when I went shopping for tights. Now, I haven't worn stockings or tights in years because even the biggest sizes were too small for me, but I got up the courage to get some because I had a size 16 (!!!) dress I wanted to wear to meet my girlfriends for tea.

There I was in the drug store, looking at the regular "queen" size stockings, which only fit up to 195 pounds (! I haven't been in onederland since I was a teenager! 195 is Queen size?). So then I grabbed the 1x size, and they fit up to 210 pounds. Well, to make a long story short, I was at the top end of the 3X size, the biggest size they had available!!! UGH!!!!!!!!! what a huge disappointment!!!

How can I be wearing a size 16 dress yet a 3X stocking? I HATE stockings! The people who make up those sizes are ASSHOLES!

There, I'm done ranting.

How can I be wearing a size 16 dress yet a 3X stocking? I HATE stockings! The people who make up those sizes are ASSHOLES!

There, I'm done ranting.

Through the infinite grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I am blessed.

Amen sister and hallelujah on the rant!! Panty hose are not made for people that have real thighs, bellies or butts. And if you happen to hit the trifecta with all three going on, you are just SOL. (S**T out of luck)

Stay away...far away from department store brands - they are only there to hurt your feelings. Back when I was still wearing them, I had better luck with Just My Size or the ones sold in stores that cater to the larger woman. Another option that worked for a while was to buy "thigh high" hose until they stretched out and started sliding down my legs. At that point I quit the whole process! :)

Jo Ann

I'm in my 60's and I used to wear a size 12 dress at 5'8" 145 lbs. I wore a size 16 at 165 lbs and a size 18 at 180lbs. This was back in the 60's and 70's. The last time I lost weight I wore a size 16 at 207 lbs. My guess is that the dress sizes have gone up in response to women getting increasingly larger, but the stocking sizes have stayed the same. There never used be sizes that were as small as a size 0 or 2 or even 4. The smallest size I ever remember seeing back then was a size 6.

Nylons have never fit true to size they are made so small I solved that problem don't wear them ha ha

The people who make up those sizes are ASSHOLES!

I am guessing stocking were made by MEN! I had this problem this morning as well. I hate how they hang down on my crotch and make it hard to walk.

Oh easily. I cant wear stockings at 5ft 10, I always have to buy the Xlarge, and that's as big as they go in Australia. I'm sure you can get 1X, 2X, 3X somewhere but generally in department stores you cant. Talls are nowhere near tall enough for me.

I just avoid them whenever possible. I dont work, and when I do go back to work I"ll be a teacher so apart from the odd formal occasion, I'll never have to wear the evil things again. I wore a pair to a formal thing in July, that'd be the first time I've worn any for 5 years or so.

LOL. I swore to never wear hose again in 98.

It crossed my mind to look for a dress for xmas party this year but that would mean the dreaded hose.

I just stuck that thought in the same place as pigging out at a mexican or chinese restaurant.

edie

I don't wear them. If I HAVE to wear something like that, I get thigh highs. I don't wear anything short enough to need more than that...

Usually, I wear open toe sandal type shoes, so I don't wear them at all.

Hey Ladies, I thought it was the fashion these days to go bare-legged. At least that is what I see the fashionistas doing. I can't, I have old legs with spots - too much sun in my past. Is that too much information?:girl_hug: With my ankles swelling off and on, my doctor said I should get support hose. I thought regular hose was difficult to find, support is impossible. After two unsucccessful attempts ( and you can't take them back) I just gave up.

Terri

Hey Ladies, I thought it was the fashion these days to go bare-legged. At least that is what I see the fashionistas doing. I can't, I have old legs with spots - too much sun in my past. Is that too much information?:girl_hug: With my ankles swelling off and on, my doctor said I should get support hose. I thought regular hose was difficult to find, support is impossible. After two unsucccessful attempts ( and you can't take them back) I just gave up.

Terri

Terri I would LOVE to in fashion and go without stockings but 2 things prevent that....

1. I am in Michigan and it get damn cold here! lol..I need the warmth

2. I live in Michigan and a ghost has a better complexion that me, I am as white as white comes, downright SCARY!

:)

OK try 6'1", 400 pounds and size 13 shoe......close your mouth, you are catching flies.:faint:

We're the same height and almost the same weight and wear the same size shoe. We should go shopping together!