Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how often do you weigh yourself?

hello.

i've heard different opinions and i'd love to get your feedback...

how often do you weigh yourself?

i've heard weighing everyday will keep you on track and you will know where you stand..

i've also heard (and this is what i am finding) is the body fluctuates so much that weight loss or gain can vary so much.

i step on my scale, it will register something, step off, turn it on again and it will be up or down anywhere from 1/2 to 5 pounds. talk about frustrating!!! :censored:

thanks,

losing jusme

402.5/396/370??/180

09 Oct 2006

I weigh myself every day. It does help me so I know when I need to buckle down and do good. I guess everyone is different though.

I weigh myself each morning, because I like to know how things are going and that I'm at least not gaining. I know I gain when I'm PMSing, but that's about all. I'd rather know earlier rather than later if I'm not getting enough Fluid, am gaining, whatever. And I don't let it determine my day, that's the important thing. It is an indicator of weight, not of worth or anything else.

Earlier in my banding journey, I weighed once a week.

Now I weigh everyday. But I do so with the understanding that it could be up maybe 3 pounds just due to Water gain, etc. So it must be up several days in a row to get me worried.

When I find myself getting a bit obsessed, I back off for several days. Or if I eat something salty or whatever, I don't weigh myself for a bit.

On the scale, mine went up and down like that too until I got a Tanita Digital scale. It weighs very, very consistently. This is the one I have. It was well worth the price! http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13033110

At first I weighed once a week, but now I weight daily. I have more controll when I weigh daily, but I also don't get upset if I have a day I went up a few pounds, I just try to drink more Water and watch what I eat closer. The exception to this is over the holidays, then I don't weigh at all until that week is over.

I'm daily as well. I find that I like to keep track of how I'm doing. The key for me is knowing that I will flucuate daily, and not to worry until it's been a few days if I'm up.

I only weigh on Sunday mornings. I don't want to obsess over it and the daily fluctuations would drive me nuts. I took two pieces of tape and placed them on my scale. Every time I weigh, I make sure my big toes line up exactly on the tape. By doing that, I have found I can step on and off the scale ten times and still get the same weight reading every time.

i've become a daily weigher. sometimes when I know I shouldn't do this everyday becuz I'm obsessing, I get on the scale before I put my contacts on. I'm blind as a bat without them so I can't read the number. But i know that I got on the scale. =)

I weigh myself every 2 - 3 weeks ( if I remember). I'm still not a big fan of the scale, never had been. Before the surgery, I had actually lost the scale..so that goes so show how much I thought about it.

I didn't even have a scale for the longest (my doc said I was obsessed with numbers. Me?) but now I have a basic bathroom scale that I use for holiday packages, and etc.

Maybe my doc was right, because for me, it was too easy to get over-whelmed or discouraged based on a random scale weight.

So that's why I stopped all that, and got rid of my ticker. I don't care about daily weight - it's clothes sizes that matter to me. And guess what? :) Even when the scale wasn't moving, I was losing inches and going down in clothes sizes. I care more about that than anything.

So now I usually weigh at the doctor's office (actually I weigh at any doctor's office. I was mad that my podiatrist didn't have one! LOL, :phanvan) so if I only weigh once a month or so, then my losses seem more signficant that way.

But remember, I'm practically at goal (so they say, :) ) and the scale moves very slowly and incrementally at this stage. So for me, daily weighing doesn't seem necessary now.

I try to weight myself everyday..It helps keep me in control..But i hurt my back a few weeks ago and now am kinda out of control..Yesterday was a good day and i stepped on the scale this morning and i am at the same weight i was 3 weeks ago..So at least i didn't gain alot back..(no exercising was allowed due to i had a pinched sciatica nerve)...

~Kristen