Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much fill? Can't decide

Being over filled is not good. After a fill most go on liquids, mushies, and then solids for a few days. Each doctor is different. Mine is 3 days of liquids and 3 days of mushies. My fills don't kick in until 6-15 days after a fill.

If you are PBing and can't drink Water then you need a unfill. This doesn't have to mean you start gaining weight. It just means that you are too filled. Allowing yourself to stay in this state is unhealthy.

Some believe that with enough weightloss the fill will become tollerable and don't get an unfill. I'm not sure I buy-in to that logic. If I can't recover from a PB within a day or two, can't drink Water, or keep liquids down, I'm getting a unfill. If I can keep water down and liquids after a PB then I'll give myself time to heal. That is, I go immediately onto liquids and give everything a chance to heal.

This is nothing to fool around with as you can do more damage than good.

You guys were right. Iwent to my doctor this afternoon, and she took .4cc's out...and told me to go eat 'real' food and if it wasn't staying then to come right back~! She's great - honestly, I could go in there just to talk - and I tild her I'd see her in a couple of weeks. Post script - went and ate a child's portion of meat and veg and it all stayed!!!

Krista - you have no idea - it is totally better and I still lost another half pound...now I just need to get into exercising...wanna join me?! ;-)

First, some people don't feel the effects of a fill for days or weeks after it. I usually react to a fill 6-15 days afterwards.

Second, most go on liquids for a few days and then mushies after a fill. Each doctor is different, but rarely do they recommend solid food right away.

Third, if you are not able to drink liquids and/or PB all the time, I would think you are over filled.

Fourth, waiting until your stomach gets "looser" before deciding to get an unfill is not wise. Permanent damage can be done if you suffer through PBing, reflux, sliming, etc. for days.

Fifth, everyone is different and your reaction to fills might also be different. Best advice is given by your doctor. Most would agree that being overfilled is not good.

I had too much fill and had to have my band removed. i was very sick. Horrible acid refulx. I woke up at night choking. I had to sleep sitting up. I suffered with this for about a month and had some fill taken out. Apparently it wasn't enough. I was vomiting almost everyday for a week. The pain felt like a heart attack. I went to the ER because I thought i was having a heart attack. I had been banded for three years and this happened!! I've learned a lesson that I feel I should have been made aware of. I just thought I was having acid reflux. I wasn't educated on that subject. Take care not to have too much fill. If you're uncomfortable - TAKE IT OUT.

I have had my band for a year now and thank to ME have had very little success. I have been stuggling with throwing up alot and not really being able to eat anything but soft foods. My last fill was in January and was 1,3 cc's which we thought was fine until all this set in. I am getting ready to see a new Dr on Tues and I do not know if I should ask for an unfill or what? I want to start losing weight again with my band so bad that I almost wish I could get a fill and see what happens...not a good idea right? Any suggestions on what I should cover with new the Dr?

mine varies from day to day or week to week, sometimes I will think I am too lose then the next day, I can't eat hardly anything. It has been this way the whole time, I have been banded for a year and half almost and only had 3 fills, don't know how much I have but as long as I lose and don't get hungry I am happy, as for the pb ing, that has become a way of life for me as long as it is not too often, I just have to be careful and concentrate on what I am doing or here it will come. hopefully I will not need another fill.

This is my first post. I have the inamed lap band. I've had it 2 1/2 weeks. Can anymone tell me what a 10 CC band and a 4 cc band, etc is? what's the difference?

I hear the VG bands are the ones that have a capacity to hold 10 cc's of saline solution. Mine is one that holds 4 cc's max.

I don't know of anyone who has been filled to capacity with either one. I have 1 cc of solution in my 4cc band.

Hope that helps.

I have a 11 cm MID Band 2. Got it in September, going for a fill tomorrow, does anyone know what my band will hold?