Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Did You Eat Pizza?

On November 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM, iggychic said:

There is a huge difference between domino's (or the like) pizza, even thin crust, and a really good quality pizza. IMO if I'm going to eat something like pizza, it's going to be a whole wheat crust from a wood fired grill (thin crust because it's easier on your stomach). There are some things I am comfortable never eating again...like hot tamales :P but real food? My change is to make that "real food" healthy real food verses faster food which is loaded with sugar and fat.

The cheese quality between a chain joint and a real pizza is amazing. As is the sauce. Cheap sauces are made with sugar and more than you think, and gad the cheese...you have to blot the dang piece with a paper towel to get rid of the obvious grease...who wants to eat that????

I have had the toppings on good pizza since having the second surgery (that was at about 3 weeks out), but I skipped the crust. I am just now getting to a point where whole wheat Pasta goes down well, though it fills me up quickly. My second doc said to stay away from bread for three months, so that's what I'm doing. After having had a leak I don't want to risk damaging my tummy for a silly thick crust pizza!

I'd consider trying the toppings next month at the party, but that's it. You are still too early for real bread (or anything risen with yeast basically).

I was just wondering how far out were you, when you had a leak? And was it from overheating? I'm 2weeks out, but just wondering. -Thanks

Edited by Please

I'm 2.5 years out. I can eat two pieces, not all the crust though. That chicken crust pizza is soo good and leaves me with no guilt!
I've never had any issues with tolerance ( even though I wish I did lol )
But, I've maintained the same weight for about 1.5 years. I feel great and try not to sweat the small stuff. If I eat bad, we all will at some point ( unless you have solid gold will power ) I shake it off and look at what I have accomplished and chalk it up to a bad day.

On 4/3/2017 at 5:54 PM, LittleLizzieLilliput said:

I eat the top off of pizza and have about 1 large slice worth at most. But just the toppings. No bread. And I like just cheese, spicy chicken and sauce so I'm easy. lol!

Ever since pre-op diet started I've done this.. only eat the toppings and sauce. Dough made from virtually all pizza joints is entirely carbs, and if you eat more than one slice you're talking Pasta levels of carbs. If making at home can use a substitute like almond flour, if you must have crust. However, most of the taste for me is in everything but the crust, so I can do without. Just one of many subtle ways of eliminating carbs from my diet. Another is having my burgers without Buns.

Edited by PatientEleventyBillion