Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Wks Post Op Miserable

I am 4 wks out from surgery unable take protien in any form getting very little fluids in i cannot eat anything without wanting to vomit. I had complcations from internal bleeding & kidney failure due to blood loss. I wish i had never had it done i am sick of being sick. Please those of you considering surgery to look very carefully at all poss.complcations. i am very disgusted with my results i have no strength, stamina, nothing & i will not till i can take in protien which is impossible. Good luck if you decide to go through with it

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time..Maybe you should see ur doctor to make sure u are not dehydrated. I hope everything gets better.Hopefully the worst part is over and your stomach will began to heal and tolerate more.

4 wks out from surgery unable take protien in very little fluids in i cannot eat without wanting to vomit. complcations from internal bleeding & kidney failure due to blood loss

Lux531

I am so very sorry you are having these complication from surgery :(

you have kept in touch with your surgeon/NUT/dr right???- i'm sure you know this has been essentioal these past days, weeks, since you've been home and have your situation

you haven't been dealing for the past 4 weeks with out any help/advice?right, you wouldn't do that, right???

if you did WLS locally, you should continue to see/talk to dr as long as this is going on

if you did this out of country - call their office too - but you need immediate action

i know many people have trouble getting Water in the beginning post WLS - they have trouble holding regular Clear liquids down

You probably can't handle a Protein shake - because its thicker with milk and your tummy won't hold it down

trying powder with Water? ???

stick to push the envelope very slowly with water, popsicles at least to give you a certain, wetness/liquid

the regular drinking is without if ands or butts imperative - people can not exist without water after awhile, if you are not taking any in without have to vomit shortly after this must not continue

poor you, i can only :angry: imagine how you feel - it must be horrible to say the least

all that being said.............

IMO you have all of our ears and sympathy, but WE need help in helping you - we're not dr

go see your dr - i'm sure you have, right????

keep on it - if he is there with you locally, and you stay in necessary touch - i'm sure you are probably dehydrated - since you can't keep any liquids down

dr.s knowledge will probably tell you to go directly to ER and get IV fluids !!!! NOW - i can't imagine a "wait,see, work harder" attitude

you are now 4 weeks out, days are passing - you must get help please

tell us whats going on, vent to us - i can only "encourage" you MUST take it upon yourself to take action

if you don't have anyone at home, family, friends locally.............i hope there is someone that can take action to help you out - if not - reach out to someone to help

take a cab immediately to the hospital - or just dial 911

i'm being in such a "concerned" - lecturing state - because that is how i am reading your message - 4 weeks not being able to hold water - food/protein aren't as important - THEY aren't life threatening but going without liquids.......

you need water and help - please take action immediately

sorry if i sound so desparate for you - get going call dr. do something

thoughts, concerns, good wishes go your way

please come back and tell us whats going on - you opened the door by telling us your problem - now we wante to follow your improvement / status

don't give in, things must and can be taken care of immediately - with the right help, things will gradually go your way, improving

take care

Thanks my Dr. Is aware see him again next wk. Can get couple bottles of Water down in a day to try to stay hydrated. Just want those considering it to be aware i should have done more research even though i have friends & family that had it done with no issues

Thanks grammy Dr. Is aware its not to the point of emergency yet

wife & i are both nurses & paramedics . Just very disgusted not being able to get what i need to get better & being sick everyday

Thanks grammy Dr. Is aware its not to the point of emergency yet - wife & i are both nurses & paramedics

Lux531

re-read my post - sorry i soulded so "warning, warning" it just seemed you weren't able to hold anything down - and it did sound scary, like i said "i can only imagine how you feel"

sorry i over reacted - but it still sounds kind of serious to me

glad your dr is aware of everything, and your staying on top of it

you and DW being in the medical field - good -you should know what to do, and how to "initially" care for yourself, glad you realize you still need help from the doc

good luck - at 4+ weeks - feel better sooner than later ok????

want those considering it to be aware i should have done more research even though i have friends & family that had it done with no issues

Lux531

you are right - everyone needs to do their research - but it sounds like you had good comments from others saying WLS is good, helpful - only a few minor side effects (like gas, tiredness etc.)

its good for "soon to be sleevers" to be aware of problems that "could" go along with the WLS - you being in medical profession (or even if you weren't) - the chance of complications/risks unfortunately are always there)

a complication could happen when someone has a "splinter removed" :o come on - you know i'm not comparing the severity of the two - but things happen, hopefully get fixed

there are the leaks and other bad stuff

glad you are taking care/addressing the problem -(no postage needed :lol: )

hope you are better ASAP

still would like to know your progress

good luck

sorry i overreacted :o

take care my friend :)

keep drinking

It sounds like your stomach may be still swollen from the surgery and that is what is causing the vomiting. If you are able to get Water down then there is a product by Kellogg's called K2o. It's a powder that you put in your water and has 5g of Protein in it. I know that's not much but it's something.

There are also these drinks called Kellogg's Breakfast to go and they are very very liquidy and taste great. They also have 10g of protein.

Are you taking any Vitamins? B12 is especially important to help with energy. You can get drops or pills that go under your tongue that you absorb quicker than a pill.

I am so sorry that you have had all these issues. I can't give you any "it'll get better" advice as I am only a week out but I truly hope you are on the mend soon :-)

Keep us updated.

Have you just not found a Protein that you like? Or just too nauseated to drink anything? If you look under nutrition forum, there is a review of all the Protein Drinks and lots of suggestions. Good luck to you.

Just a thought. Have you tried any non milk based Proteins? You may be lactose intolerant since the surgery and that could be causing the issues.

Also, I have found that most of the high Protein stuff tastes awful! Just do what you can to get it down. Sip, sip, sip.

Good luck.

May I ask what caused the internal bleeding, and was you having kidney issues before the surgery and the internal bleeding worsen it, or was it a direct side effect of the internal bleeding?