Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Man Boobs

Yes I admit it, I have some serious man boobs going on right now and let's say most of my life. I was sleeved on the 5th of Nov and I was wondering if any males out there have lost their boobs. I know your out there so don't try to deny it.

I am so worried about this. In fact, I worry about this more than the surgery sometimes! Any thoughts on exercises or strategies to help get rid of them as you're losing?

I had some pretty serious moobs till I lost about 150 pounds or 80% of my excess weight, since then I've been swimming and biking and they have pretty much disappeared.

I had some pretty serious moobs till I lost about 150 pounds or 80% of my excess weight' date=' since then I've been swimming and biking and they have pretty much disappeared.[/quote']

Any particular chest exercises that you can recommend? Did you have to have any kind of plastic surgery?

Any particular chest exercises that you can recommend? Did you have to have any kind of plastic surgery?

No surgery. In men it's mainly just fat deposits that cause moobs, BUT you have to make sure you're testosterone level is not tanked too. Low T causes the normal level of estrogen in males (yes we have it too) to be proportionally higher and can cause breast enlargement. Of course some men are just genetically disposed to having 'em, in that case surgery is probably your only option.

I swim up to 4 hours a week, about 120 laps each hour, forward crawl straight though no stopping. Up until the autumn time change and since it gets dark at 5PM I also biked over a 100 miles a week, this mainly helps the legs but I am convinced that the isometric stress on the arms and chest really helps there too. Pushing and pulling the handlebars supporting your upper body for hours has GOT to help. Now I'm restricted to fair weather weekends to ride. I'll pick up a heavier schedule when time changed back and the days are longer.

Man boobs or moobs could really degrade our masculinity, whenever we go to beach, it seems we are shy to take off our clothes because of that thing. there are specific exercise for moobs but it needs a lot of motivation and effort to do it. Such exercise are bench presses, incline presses, decline presses and etc, but we must not forget, we may need to consult a doctor before doing any physical activities

I have them and now they droop low due to the excess skin, can stand to wear a regular T shirt, i always wear button downs to help hide them. Im looking into getting a gynacomastia.

I think mine are starting to think about causing me some issues.......... :unsure:

I think mine are starting to think about causing me some issues.......... :unsure:

May I see what your talking about?? :)

May I see what your talking about?? :)

1year+

Ok first my clinical assessment...

Mr aroundhky I have viewed your photo and have come to the conclusion that absolutely no medical intervention is called for. It is my finding that all tissue is in excellent health and shows no signs of aging or sagging...

Now for my personal opinion...

Damn man your hot! What the hell are you thinking there might be a problem??

Your like acting like that skinny girl going to Mexico to have weight loss surgery :P

Ok first my clinical assessment...

Mr aroundhky I have viewed your photo and have come to the conclusion that absolutely no medical intervention is called for. It is my finding that all tissue is in excellent health and shows no signs of aging or sagging...

Now for my personal opinion...

Damn man your hot! What the hell are you thinking there might be a problem??

Your like acting like that skinny girl going to Mexico to have weight loss surgery :P

You are too funny! And thanks for both the clinical assessment and your way too kind personal opinion! :) I'm not crazy worried about them at the moment. I guess the key word in my post was "starting" to worry a little about them or notice them. As of about 2-3 months ago, I'm implementing the "extra chest work" routine at the gym to hopefully add more muscle there to hopefully fill in the little bit of space that I'm noticing is trying to sag.

I really think this approach right after surgery helped with my lower torso (belly area) and has virtually eliminated sag issues there. So hopefully this continued extra focus on my upper torso will help the same way. We'll see.................. :)

You are too funny! And thanks for both the clinical assessment and your way too kind personal opinion! :) I'm not crazy worried about them at the moment. I guess the key word in my post was "starting" to worry a little about them or notice them. As of about 2-3 months ago, I'm implementing the "extra chest work" routine at the gym to hopefully add more muscle there to hopefully fill in the little bit of space that I'm noticing is trying to sag.

I really think this approach right after surgery helped with my lower torso (belly area) and has virtually eliminated sag issues there. So hopefully this continued extra focus on my upper torso will help the same way. We'll see.................. :)

First off, I have to agree with Laura, you look great! Second, I think your pecs look great, but a suggestion I have--if you're really concerned about them--is the bench reversed pyramid. You can do this with flat, incline, or decline (or any lifting exercise, really!). I read about it once-upon-time in a Muscle and Fitness magazine, and my husband rotates it into his routine on bi-weekly basis. He started out at 185 and now maxes out at 415. Basically you bench 1 rep of you max, 2 reps of your max - 10 or 20 pounds (whatever weight you reach failure at with 2 reps), 3 reps of the next weight down and so on until you get down to the 45lb bar all on its own, with maximum reps. You will definitelt have Jello arms afterwards, but not only do you increase your strength, you increase your pectoral definition. They will be even more phenomenal than they are now ;).

Gotta get your body fat percentage to at least 25% or lower and focus on your incline and flat bench pressing... more so incline to build your upper chest. Stay away from decline chest for a little while. I feel decline bench might add to the man boob look. As of lately I have been incorporating decline bench into my chest day workout but I have also lost most of my man boobs. Make sure to alternate between dumbbells and barbells during your chest workouts.

Your gonna need to watch your diet, get lost of Protein in, step up the cardio and work the chest pretty hard.

I like to finish my chest/shoulders/tricep workout days by completely exhausting my chest on a chest fly machine. I do about 80% of my 10rep max and really try and focus on contracting my chest. I find lowering the weight allows me to get that mind muscle connection better. I do about 2 sets taking each set to failure and also incorporate a drop set for each set. When I reach failure I quickly drop the weight by about 50% and continue pushing out reps until my chest feels like its going to fall apart lol. I have seen some amazing gains in the last 3 months... a lot though has to do with the drop in body fat/weight.