Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Of course I might just be over thinking everything because I'm a paranoid freak BUT I have been having some "symptoms" recently and I'm not sure if I should worry. I had my surgery a week ago, Nov 5th. and I feel fine for the most part but I notice when I walk straight for more than 10-15 minutes I begin to feel short or breath, dizzy, and EXHAUSTED!! I've been trying to call my doc but it seems because of the holiday nobody is in so any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated! By the way I do admit I can be drinking more Water but if I'm not drinking water I make sure to replace it with a Popsicle or other clear liquid... Thank You!

surgery a week ago, I feel fine for the most part but I notice when I walk straight for more than 10-15 minutes I begin to feel short or breath, dizzy, and EXHAUSTED!! I do admit I can be drinking more Water but if I'm not drinking Water I make sure to replace it with a Popsicle or other clear liquid..

Di-Sleeve

sorry you are not feeling well - but you are early in the game - you and your new tummy are one week old

feeling a little dizzy after walking a bit, you are weak from major surgery - thats ok to be tired - you deserve that extra nap - you've been through a lot!!

i think its better to over react "alittle" maybe, than ignore certain signs of a possible problem

IMO, being weak at 7 days post WLS is nothing to worry about

call the dr tomorrow if it makes you feel better, take it slow, rest - you are not ready for the olympics yet

if your tummy doesn't give you any trouble while drinking - then yes push the fluids, popsicles can suppliment the need for liquid - but nothing like the real thing

push the liquids - you might surprise yourself that you'll feel stronger/not as weak

happy speedy recuperation

good luck

Shortness of breath can be an indication of a leak higher up in your stomach which caused Fluid to collect in the esophagus causing the plural sac to be inflated and your lung to be crushed by the Fluid inflating it (the plural sac is the bag your spongy lung is encased in).

Because it almost killed me I'm a fan of taking action. The weakness isn't normally at a week out (I had it as well) for just basic walking. I would advise that if you can't raise a doc on the emergency call line (they have one right?) that you consider going to the ER and having a chest xray to ensure your lungs look ok. This is not an uncommon complication outcome and it can be fatal if left untreated. When admitted they asked if I wanted to see a Chaplin....don't wait like I did please!

If you are fine, than I'm thrilled, but that level of energy loss and the combination of shortness of breath is something to take seriously and most leaks occur at this time in your recovery.

I would listen to these guys..there like sleeve ..Mr miagi's

..and I would definitely go..

Shortness of breath can be an indication of a leak higher up in your stomach which caused Fluid to collect in the esophagus causing the plural sac to be inflated and your lung to be crushed by the Fluid inflating it (the plural sac is the bag your spongy lung is encased in).

Because it almost killed me I'm a fan of taking action. The weakness isn't normally at a week out (I had it as well) for just basic walking. I would advise that if you can't raise a doc on the emergency call line (they have one right?) that you consider going to the ER and having a chest xray to ensure your lungs look ok. This is not an uncommon complication outcome and it can be fatal if left untreated. When admitted they asked if I wanted to see a Chaplin....don't wait like I did please!

If you are fine' date=' than I'm thrilled, but that level of energy loss and the combination of shortness of breath is something to take seriously and most leaks occur at this time in your recovery.[/quote']

Iggy- is one week out the most common to find leaks?..when do you know that you don't have to worry about it anymore. Or when should I stop worrying?..I read your story..I'm glad you stick around and help people ;)

Most leaks develop within the first two weeks so at one week she's right in the window. Many are developed during the surgery...but so small they aren't discovered until later, and that's normally within the first couple of weeks. The poison flowing into your body causes symptoms which many ignore for a week or more as "typical gas" or whatever. Severe weakness and shortness of breath are symptoms that the leak is causing damage in the body. If there is a leak of course. But it's not something to screw around with. My problems were greatly exacerbated by the medical people dismissing them as symptoms of a blood loss in surgery. A leak found early has a much much much higher chance of repair, but every hour, every day you go with that poison leaking into you, makes it more likely they won't be able to repair it and your other organs will be damaged.

When are you out of the woods? Typically it takes a few months to fully heal, but a leak after six weeks is very rare. They are normally caused by activities that aren't recommended in the first six months, high contact sports, extreme lifting, trauma from other uncontrollable sources (ie a car accident). After three or so months of a healthy surgery with no complications your staple line is likely mostly covered with tissue which will continue to form into a hard line which closes the stomach permanently, staples or not ;)

When to quit worrying....I will be given the all clear at six weeks after the second surgery. Unless you have been experiencing symptoms of flu, low fevers, etc and dismissing them during the six week period, you're probably safe to say you are out of the woods at that point, then just act like a lady for the next six :P (OK i'm not good at that heh heh)

Most leaks develop within the first two weeks so at one week she's right in the window. Many are developed during the surgery...but so small they aren't discovered until later' date=' and that's normally within the first couple of weeks. The poison flowing into your body causes symptoms which many ignore for a week or more as "typical gas" or whatever. Severe weakness and shortness of breath are symptoms that the leak is causing damage in the body. If there is a leak of course. But it's not something to screw around with. My problems were greatly exacerbated by the medical people dismissing them as symptoms of a blood loss in surgery. A leak found early has a much much much higher chance of repair, but every hour, every day you go with that poison leaking into you, makes it more likely they won't be able to repair it and your other organs will be damaged.

When are you out of the woods? Typically it takes a few months to fully heal, but a leak after six weeks is very rare. They are normally caused by activities that aren't recommended in the first six months, high contact sports, extreme lifting, trauma from other uncontrollable sources (ie a car accident). After three or so months of a healthy surgery with no complications your staple line is likely mostly covered with tissue which will continue to form into a hard line which closes the stomach permanently, staples or not ;)

When to quit worrying....I will be given the all clear at six weeks after the second surgery. Unless you have been experiencing symptoms of flu, low fevers, etc and dismissing them during the six week period, you're probably safe to say you are out of the woods at that point, then just act like a lady for the next six :P (OK i'm not good at that heh heh)[/quote']

Ok..I'm going to act like a lady..and stop worrying..thanks again..