Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Threesome

Totals 1894 83181103

Cals, Fat, Carb, Protein

These are my totals from Fitday.com . I did not realize how many calories I have been putting in my coffee... nor the amount of coffee I drink daily. Decaf of course, with splenda, but I add the Creamer. And heck the carbs in the Ramen Noodles astound me. Easy, Fast, Salty, and Full of carbs.

Will see if I can do better tomorrow. For being tight in the AM, I am sure racking up the calories.

Totals 1122 528281

Figured out I did some things wrong on fit day. Found the zero carb Protein drink and it brought some of my numbers down. These are my totals for today. Much better I think. Thanks to Jacks suggestions.

I can barely get 4 oz of the shrimp salad down at lunch but that carries me over until I can sneak in a bite or two of cheese. Or, I will drink a V-8 during class: sip here, sip there you know.

As for coffee, I don't know what else to do. I don't like hot tea. broth only goes so far too, but if I drink coffee I can eat a little lunch. The only hot tea I can stand is rasberry with splenda and a little cream (the real stuff, or milk), so don't know how great a substitute that would be. Although, a Hot Toddy would be a great start to a High School Teachers day.... :)

Interesting pattern.....first, eat when not hungry, then eat fast when barely getting hungry, then eat a bunch of non-food because you are getting feeble from not eating....

Then find consternation of being non-restricted alternating with seeming to be unable to eat anything proper....

I recognize this....and have wrestled with bouts of it myself....

Regarding Breakfast....this sets me up for the day. I had to develope my own meal plan because it was way too easy to fall into B&J Hell.....

This is true for me too. I find that if I set myself up for the day with a good quality low GI (glycaemic index) and low fat Breakfast, and then top up between meals with some small Snacks, that I am ready and able to eat a good quality dinner at a normal time in the evening.

I find that if I don't do this, then I end up with a 'sugar-low' in the afternoon - nausea, shaking, and white-blind hunger (the kind where you eat anything in sight, especially if it's chocolate coated or fat filled).

For breakfast, I find that wheet bix and white bread / toast give me a sugar crash by mid-morning (they have a really high GI). I aim for a combination of a good quality Cereal, Protein and fruit for breakfast (my 'magic 3'). For example: oats (instant poridge is a favourite with a little honey and milk), natural museli (not 'toasted' muselis that are full of fat and sugar), full-grain breads ('bird-seed' bread that is, NOT ground wholemeal bread), reduced fat milk, greek yoghurt, low fat cheese, eggs, bacon (on occasion), mushrooms, tomatoes, strawberries, melons (honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon), kiwi, banana etc. There is a million ways to combine and serve these breakfast basics that never bores me.

I also find that a small snack for morning / afternoon tea time helps immensely (handful of fresh or dried fruit, cheese, nuts, museli bar etc - all highly portable), as does eating a good-quality lunch. If lunch or dinner are later than their usual times, I'll have an extra small snack during the morning / afternoon to even me out.

As for coffee - I'd rather have one decent mug of the real stuff with milk (cappuccino preferably!) than no coffee at all!

think of the acronym HOPE. high fiber...35grams daily

Omega 3 2grams daily

probotics...6 billion daily

enzymes 1 with every meal

I love your acronym!!!

What a great way to remember the things to do to get that extra bloom of good health!! I am going to put this on my fridge!

I am a probitoics fan too! I am going to start with Omega 3 supplements once I am able to swallow tablets again. I haven't tried the enzymes yet, but will look around for suitable products to try over here. I also think that Vit B / C supplements are terrific - especially the Berocca Performance with Calcium, magnesium and zinc. They promote good energy release from food, healing and help to ward off infections.

Hi Guys

I unerstand what Poodles is talking about. My eating habits are out of control. I regained 30 lbs...and yes mostly Icecream...I have to get back on track.so if you have a friendly user menu please post.

Thanks!

Joe: I have found on very restricted days, the blender is my friend. I have resorted to adding a little milk to my tofu and creaming it together, I have added broth and meat together to make a thick "mush". All of these things work when you like what you have to eat. But then things get old and you have to mix things up. Ice cream comes in more than 31 flavors, and I have attacked more than that too since banding... but know that I need to get back on track.

At this point I am willing to do anything, because I am at a stand still and my hubby is getting a little frustrated with my behavior too (ice cream buying and such). We have spent a lot of time and money on this "tool" and I need to work it.

If you like fish I posted a fish Soup receipe. And Jacks suggestion of shrimp salad works. I have also made a salad out of the artificial crab meat. Found some crab stew mix at the sea food counter and plan on trying that too. I figure as long as I have my Protein in and feel full that is what I need. Hopefully, we will continue to get more suggestions... as being tight leads sometimes leads to mashed potatoes, stuffing, and ice cream.... oh my... it can also lead us to delicious Soups, salads, and other new treats.

Drooling, drooling, drooling.

Good thread. You guys are making me so homesick I am going on-line tonight and going to order some shrimp. Of course when it gets here next month, I probably won't have any spinach left for salad, or the store won't have dressing, or something...

I am totally craving luncheon meats. I do get Hickory farms shipped to me every other month so I think I will have some after this.

Eating has been a struggle for me again lately. Its hot, I have no appetite, its too much work, etc. Thanks for giving me some incentive.

Anybody want to meet me for a safari somewhere??? Celeste