Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hadn't seen most of my extended family in several months - since July. Others I saw 5 weeks ago at my SIL funeral. I have lost 15-20ish pounds since seeing most of them and have changed shape a little even since the early Oct timeframe.

We did a big family excursion yesterday and my sibs were all WOWED. To have several of them tell me "you look absolutely beatiful" really warmed my heart because i don't get compliments from my hubby and I often don't feel confident about how i look. One of my sisters said, you look like a size 10! Well, I am in the size 12-14 range so she wasn't quite right, but it was also a great boost to my ego.

Part of it is that I am tucking shirts in and doing things to look a little sharper. Just dressing nicer. I have gotten rid of millions of too big clothes but have bought few replacements. I am committed to wearing things that fit, so that means only buy a handful of items at each size.... since they get too big pretty fast! I think that makes you look thinner just because you look tidier in well fitting clothes.

anyway, made my day!

It's the best feeling :) so glad your experiencing it!! You are so right about wearing fitted clothes, it makes a world of difference!

I'm finding I have to figure out a whole new way of shopping I've been wearing loose fitting tents for some time now...since my first pregnancy now that I think about it. Princess seams and chiffon that flows over the body. Butterfly tops, etc. These really aren't flattering as I am no longer waistless :) Yesterday to bop around the house and clean up after a massive party on Halloween I wore a tee shirt and jeans. It wasn't super tight, but our nanny said "geeze you are getting slim" and yet I've been in a stall for a week and she sees me all the time. I thought about it and you're right, the fitted shirt was what made the difference likely. Fitted and the right size.

I don't want to dress like a hootchie mama, (I see many pics in the "afters" that are dressed far too revealing for my taste) but I do need to rethink clothing that isn't skimming over my body like big sweaters etc. Tucking a shirt in???? Sheesh what a good idea LOL (But I still have a tummy to lose so I'm not ready for that!).

I also try not to buy too much. Shopping tends to be occasion specific because I don't want to spend a fortune on clothing that won't fit in a few months. But I refuse to wear stuff that is far too big....it makes me feel fat again! Maybe we should all get together and go shopping and critique each others choices LOL I could use the help!

I really need help dressing. I have been going thru clothes that still have the laundered plastic bag on them. They have been there for at least 3 years. A pair of jeans I got into I've had for 10 years :) really I need to go shopping.

I do highly recommend the uber expensive, but shape changing friendly, Not Your Daughters Jeans. You can wear them through three sizes typically and they are very flattering! They are the only thing (clothing wise anyhoo) that I feel comfortable spending a bunch of cash on as I know I can wear them for quite some time without them being droopy in the bumm.

Part of it is that I am tucking shirts in and doing things to look a little sharper. Just dressing nicer.

jane

you've done terrific with your weight loss :)

so great receiving compliments from family et al - since you might not be used to hearing nice words, might feel a little strange

get used to those wonderful comment - who deserves it more???? ;)

dressing nicer, taking care of yourself more- what a difference - you can't help but look, feel marvelous

keep that head held high, walk with that new confidence -strutt you stuff!!!! ;)

congrats :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches