Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lap Band in Springfield Mo

Hi, I just turned in my paperwork through Cox too. I also have UHC. Im so excited to see you here. Maybe we will go through it all at the same time and be able to talk to each other through it. I haven't had my consultation either yet.

That would be awesome. It'd be great to know someone local who is going through it, too, especially at the same time. I turned in my paperwork on March 24th--been anxiously awaiting the call for the first consult. I feel like it's taking forever haha! In the meantime, I've been working on cutting back on bad foods and drinks and trying to get myself 'in the game'. I'm really glad to see a fellow Cox patient! :eek:

Hi Sprinfield Banders and those thinking about banding. I will be banded on 5/8/09 and can't wait!! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. Dr. Edwards will be doing mine. The reason not many Cox banders are on here is because they JUST started doing this, before they began it was just St. John's doing the banding. Dr. Edwards has many years experience and in doing some reasearch he has the lowest rate of infection around. So I'm glad I have him. He and his staff are totally awesome, so helpful and supportive. I'm an employee of St John's and since I didn't lose 5% of my weight, they denied me, so I'm paying for this myself. I have sent in an appeal and if that doesn't result in a positive outcome I will take it to the Missouri Insurance Commission. It's discrimination what they are doing, I shouldn't have to jump thru hoops! Anyway I so enjoy reading all the positive words on here. Have gotten a lot of help from this site. Good luck to all and hope to hear from some of you in the near future. This place really helps....Betz

Best of wishes on your journey, Betz! I wish you luck with your insurance. It's so tough to deal with them :thumbdown:

I have my first consultation on May 8th! I wish you luck with your surgery and hope for a fast recovery!

Good morning all you banders out there. Well my surgery date 5/8 came and went without a hitch! It was so easy, and I never have been sick once. Of course I've been follownig every instruction completely. So far since 4/22 pre op diet I'm down 24 lbs. and feel better than I have in 10 years. This is just to friggin awesome and I'd do again all over tomorrow if I had to. I'm walking better, already have gotten rid of one pill (acid reflux) and am working toward a few others. It's so amazing how just 20 lbs makes such a differents in a person's knees and back. I can finally walk without being in so much pain. I'm lovings this totally. So far no hunger attacks. I'm doing perfect. HOpe you all are having an easy time as I am. bb

My surgery is set for July 23rd, just a few more days. ^_^

Dr. Dan Cardwell is doing mine at Cox Hospital. Insurance is First Choice and uses Cox Hospital, from the time I went to the first meeting, all the paperwork-its been 8 months. I'm so excited for this day. The support groups are wonderful, and have taught me a lot of things to expect.

I hope this tread grows and we hear from more people from this area that have went through Cox. Not that I don't enjoy reading everything from St John's-I do- I went there first but my insurance did not approve there. Everyone's experience is valuable, and helps us before people learn for things to watch for, and when I got back to page 1 and start there you all have lost so much, and it gives me such hope for myself.

Hi all, this is my first time posting on this website. I finally have a date and am starting the liquid diet in 2 days. I was extremely nervous at first about the whole banding thing, but after going to all the necessary meetings and classes, I feel like this is my best option. I have read so many wonderful success stories on this website and only hope I will one day be a success for somebody else. Congrats to all that has decided to take this life changing journey.

P.S. My dr. is Dr. Cavanoug (sp?) with St. John's and he seems to be pretty nice also.:biggrin:

You'r in good hands. Dr. Edwards (from the same office) did mine 5/8/09 and the whole staff there are awesome! Good luck and let us know you are doing! They have a support group the 2nd Monday of every month at 5:30 pm at the Surgery Center room 4B. Ask your Dr. about it, he can give you more info, or his office. You should go, it's really a great place to get more info. Betz

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am going to a seminar this evening and wanted to know if there are any others around what have had Dr. Cardwell do their's and if they could post about their experience. Thanks!

I just had my surgery on the 29th of dec. At cox fd with dr.woods! They are so awesome there! I live in aurora . I get my 1st feel next tuesday. I'm so excited because I've already lost 56lbs! Anyone out there from my area?

Out of Monett Mo anyone wanna buddy with me I'm just starting my journey ...I do not wanna fail even on the post op diet... Would love someone close by to mentor me or just be a friend :)