Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lap Band in Springfield Mo

Hi, This my first post . I am going through the process and hope to have my surgery in November in Springfield Mo. I need to take off 140 lbs. I had the diet consult today and went shopping at Wall Mart and Sams for Meal Replacements. I am new at this sort of thing, not too great on a PC, hopefully I will get the hang of it in time.

HI! Welcome to the board. There doesn't ever seem to be much activity on any Springfield posts. I know there have been quite a few banders in Springfield. Just don't come here often. I was banded 6/5/06. Dr. Edwards did my surgery. I have lost 58 pounds. About 70 to go. I have had 3 fills so far. Just got back from a two week cruise and didn't gain any weight. That is a victory. I usually gain about 10-15 pounds. Losing would have been amazing, but I am happy with just not gaining.

Are you scheduled yet? Who is doing your surgery? Good to talk to you.

Linda

Hello...I live in Springfield, MO. and my gynecologist suggested I have the lap-band procedure done. My husband and myself will be attending a seminar through St. John's on Nov. 20th. Today, is my first day on this website and I have already felt like I have made a great new friend. She replied very quickly after I posted an introduction about myself. I am 28 yrs. old and I believe, I will be seeing Dr. Hodges. Maybe, we can help each other through the process. Please, feel free to message me! Have a greatttttttt day! Until next time, Heather

Hi Heather and Linda, I hav'nt been on line in a while, glad to hear from you. I am only waiting for final approval from my insurance, has been a week since the papers were sent in. Then one more appointment with Dr Edwards and he will set a date. I am so excited. I was hoping it would be before Thanksgiving, but if not it should be close after. Linda tell me what you ate the first week. I have bought a little bit of everything. I am so happy for you, 58 lbs is a lot of weight to lose. I need to lose 140 lbs!!!! Heather, hang in there the process takes time, my daughter went with me to the first seminar, To save time I got the paper work ahead of time, and turned it in that night, it takes some time to round up all the info you need to put in the application, also put in for a copy of your medical records for the last 5 years, and be sure to make a copy for yourself, after you get them, that takes time also. I wish you luck. Glenda

Hi Im Moving To Missouri One Week After My Lap Band Sugery Which Is Scheduled For The 23rd Of November So Nervous,,,,i Need To Set Up With A Dr In Springfield Any Good Docs For Fills There? Thanks Traci

Hi Traci, Here in Springfield the St. Johns Hospital is the only hospital at this time doing Lap bands. My Dr. Is DR. Edwards, there is also a DR. Hodges, who I here is really good, both Doctors have excellent ratings.Found out yesterday, My paperwork hasnt been sent out yet(a bummer) Takes about 2 weeks for Tri Care to give approval, so it may be early December before I get mine done. Good luck and keep me posted. Glenda

I wanted to see how the St. John's seminar went for the banders in Springfield. I live in Monett, about 30 miles west. I am trying to decide between having my surgery in Springfield or KC. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi My insurance did not approve me for lap Band, I was so disapointed but they did approve me for Gastric Bypass, which I am having, I see DR, Edwards tuesday, to set the date. But I think you would be wise to stay close to home, I have complete confidence in the St. Johns Bariatric program. Why go to KC and all the extra expence. I wish you luck wherever you go. Glenda

I live in Springfield and I am currently researching gettting a lapband I heard you are talking about a Dr.Edwards alot, is he good? I'm a little scared of surgery, but I need to get this done, I have always been overweight, I'm not obese but I am overweight, and I am soo sick of it, but I need approval for my insurance first, BCBS of Missouri, they should approve me, I'm going to have to fill out this big questionaire about like how many diets i've tried etc. Granny, is there a reason that your insurance wouldn't cover your surgery?

I would love to hear what BCBS has to say. My husband's insurance at work is changing to BCBS in January. I was pretty much assuming that I would have to go with the self pay, but maybe not. If you don't mind sharing what you hear from them, I would be really interested. Best of luck on your decision.

I will actually I work for them as well, sooo.... depending upon what type of insurance you have it will MOST LIKELY cover it, i know a girl from work who got the surgery done with BCBS, She had a 1500 dollar deductible, but thats it, so i am hoping thats what it will be for me

How do I get started? By calling St. John's Hospital? If my insurance doesn't approve the surgery then I am at zero help again except for my trips there, right? Thanks

Hi, I have Tricare insurance, When I contacted St. Johns in july, I asked them for the surgery number so I could give it to Tricare, they gave me numbers for gbp as well as lapband, when I called Tricare they said both were covered, that is why I went through the whole process only to find out some where some one messed up, either St Johns gave me the wrong numbers or the person I talked to at tricare didnt know what she was doing. Don't and I repeat DON'T DO ANYTHING till you know for sure you are covered. It is a lot of money out of pocket that insurance does not cover, right up front, getting all that paper work and research done is a lot of work and time. My deductable is 150.00 and 20% of everything else, up to 3000.00, then after that they pay 100%. But what St Johns does not tell you till the last minuet is they want all that up front!! before thet set your date for surgery. I had met my dectable but still had to come up with 2900.00 Only had a weeks warning. I was in shock, thought I would have a few months to pay them after the bills came in. But I wasnt meant to be I guess. I got the money and a surgery date, I have compleate confidence in DR, Edwards and am ready dec. 27th. Glenda

I wanted to see how the St. John's seminar went for the banders in Springfield. I live in Monett, about 30 miles west. I am trying to decide between having my surgery in Springfield or KC. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Monett is my "home" town. I had the banding the first part of November and go "tomorrow" for my FIRST fill. I am SO excited. I have lost around 28 lbs. from the pre-op. Since the banding I've watched what I put in my mouth but can still eat most things, only am using moderation. I'm 63 and waited ALL my life for this and am so excited. I am hopeful that this "tool" will help me THIS time keep the weight OFF permanently. I have a lot of medical issues and Dr. Edwards tells me that I can toss most of meds after losing the weight. Good luck and I don't think you would be sorry if you came to Springfield and chose Dr. Edwards as your doctor. He is WONDERFUL!:)