Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Hey do any of you have Hair loss issues? All of a sudden, my hair is just coming out in clumps....Its horrific! I have to clean out my hair brush like every time i use it. I can also just pull it out.

Hi Guys,

I am still here.... just had my second fill and it doesn't seem to be working very well, although I am being very careful just in case!! I guess I am going to be one of those people who will not get restriction until my 3rd fill?? :cry My doctor even gave me 3cc, so now I am up to 5cc in my 10cc band. What is it gonna take??

Yes, I get a "pinching" feeling sometimes at my portsite. AND I have been losing my hair, although it seems to have slowed down now. So I guess we are all "normal" no matter what is going on in this band-journey, huh?

We HAVE been a quiet bunch, haven't we?? I think I have been quiet mostly because I didn't feel like I am going through the same things as everyone else, and I was hoping my fill would change that! And I just found out that my Dad has lung cancer, and it took the wind out of my sails a bit. I am dealing with this better now, and I will try harder to check in more because I need this group as much or more than anyone!!

Karen

Fortunately, I have NOT experienced Hair loss since banding. Of course, the fact that it was rather thin on top to begin with, maybe the fact that I had little to lose helped. The dietician said that it is typcially caused by not enough Protein. Make sure you're getting 70+ grams a day.

Tom

I'm here. Things have been crazy around here. One of my goats that I wasn't even sure was pregnant had babies this week so I know have her to milk and the babies to feed. One of my puppies came into heat this week so my male is going bonkers. (He doesn't eat and continually paces. Seems like a much easier way to lose weight. Just worry about the sex you're not going to get. Wait, though. I tried that and I was still fat! :heh: )

I met with the surgeon on Monday and he was very pleased with my progress. I also met with the dietician and she was happy with my food choices. I am suppose to start Calcium supplements as they want me to have at least 1500 mg per day. (She said use caclium citrate.) I bought a bottle but waiting until next week as I have a bone scan scheduled since I have rheumatoid arthritis and occassionally take steroids so they want to make sure I haven't had bone loss since my last scan 5 years ago. Under the circumstances, the calcium is probably a good idea anyway.

A friend came out to spend a couple of days on the farm and ended up in the ER. He was playing with the dogs and all of sudden got very light headed, started vomitting and had pain in his left arm. His father died of a heart attack and a former roommate had similar symptoms, said he was going to lay down for awhile and the next morning he found him dead so he was a more than bit scared. Never did find out what caused it but there went half the night. Had an RA flair up the next day so I was mostly out of commission.

I did workout tonight and weigh in and I'm down 3 more pounds! YEAH! :clap2: The doctor did give me a suggestion of 210 as my goal so now 27 pounds to go to get there. I did buy a pair of jeans on sale and they were a 36 waist. This time last year, I was in a 46! I'm 79 pounds lighter than I was on 3/31/06 so I'm happy.

Sorry, not much humor tonight. Just feel like I'm running in 12 different directions and the fun has yet to begin. Beginning the first week of April, I've got 10 more goats to have babies and then another puppy to come into heat to drive the male a bit more bonkers. (Which means I don't sleep!)

Tom

I have noticed an absence qlso: I amglad you are back:::I miss you all! Having fun here in Paris... wondering why noone appeared Tom get the calcium with magnesium for better absorption and also because we need extra magnesium with our diet: hairloss will get better if you all eat more Protein and take Biotin and B12 B-6 and folic acid- they sell the sublingual all together:

Karen Hi!!! I know you will feel more with this fill I amglad you are being cqreful

You know I have given lots of free advice here but it seems noone really pqys much qtttention when i post in response to a prblem as I have earlier in the thread about supple,ents and nutrition etc: You return with the same type of answers given by someone else/// just want to help I do that for a living and I chqrge 90 to 100 dollARS per hour consultation so take advntage of this instead of going to pay extra money

Hey do any of you have Hair loss issues? All of a sudden, my hair is just coming out in clumps....Its horrific! I have to clean out my hair brush like every time i use it. I can also just pull it out.

I also experienced this about a month and a half ago but after about a month, it quit. I talked to my doc when I went to see him about it to see if there was something I could do to stop it. I was getting enough Protein and Water and I was taking my Vitamins so I couldn't imagine what I was doing wrong. He said there was absolutely nothing I could do about. He said it really doesn't have anything to do with the protein, it was because of the trama our bodies experienced by having surgery. He said that everyone's body will react differently. Some people's bodies won't even go into the "shock" after it and some will be extreme. He said they see it in all sorts of situations...surgery, car accidents, sudden death in family, etc. Hopefully it will quit soon for you.

Edited after reading Angela's post. Isn't it funny how different professionals have different opinions on things. Marni, I would do what Angela says and see what happens. It sure seems better than sitting around waiting for it to stop. Thanks Angela! You are a great blessing to the November bandsters! I am so happy you are here to help us out! Have a wonderful time in Paris!

WOw Tom that is a lot. What kind of dogs do you bread? How many do you have right now? Do you make lots of money off of breading animals?

Your male dog sounds like most the guys at the bar on Sat. nights....................ha ha You are down a lot for being a Nov bandster. It is so much easier for guys to loose weight than girls.......whatever........But congrat's on the great accomplishment!!! Your an inspiration to us weight loss junkies. Good luck with your horney dog. Poor guy.

WOw Tom that is a lot. What kind of dogs do you bread? How many do you have right now? Do you make lots of money off of breading animals?

Your male dog sounds like most the guys at the bar on Sat. nights....................ha ha You are down a lot for being a Nov bandster. It is so much easier for guys to loose weight than girls.......whatever........But congrat's on the great accomplishment!!! Your an inspiration to us weight loss junkies. Good luck with your horney dog. Poor guy.

Vikki, I use to show/breed dogs but haven't had a litter in close to 10 years. After I bought my place in October, decided I wanted a puppy. The "old" dog (he's 5) is a Miniature Australian Shepherd. Right after the surgery, I got a Pembroke Corgi (she's the one in heat now). While she's cute as hell and sweet, she's not an Aussie. My future ex-wife got a Mini Aussie puppy (female) which just made me want one all the more so I broke down and got a female Mini Aussie too. I have the three dogs, all of which are house dogs. It will be well over a year before I have any puppies. And no, I won't make lots of money. Breeding animals is TONS of work with VERY little return. You have to do it for the love of the animals, not the money you make. With the goats, I do expect them to pay for themselves and through the sale of breeding stock, prize money from shows, income from judging shows, etc., they do bring in more than I spend BUT on an hourly basis, I'd make MUCH more flipping burgers at McDonalds. Again, it has to be something you enjoy as you don't get rich doing it!

Men probably lose weight more rapidly as our horniness increases our metabolism. It takes lots of energy to worry about where your next sexual conquest might be. :nervous

I should be losing LOTS of weight today. My RA does NOT like it when the weather changes. We have a cold front with LOTS of rain and the body is NOT cooperating. For some reason, when the RA is flairing up, the band seems to get tighter. I'm having trouble keeping ice cream (no fat/no sugar added) down today. (To up the Protein, I do put a teaspoon of Peanut Butter on 1/4 cup of ice cream. It's a "cheat" that isn't too high in calorie and has some nutritional benefit. It was all I could do this morning to get out to the barn and take care of the goats. My poor dog is torn between courting the in-heat puppy or taking care of dad.

Tom

Angela---so glad you are having a wonderful time in Paris!! Thanks for your good advice!! I do take the supplements, but I know that for me, surgery always causes Hair loss. You should have seen how bad it was after my knee replacement---I almost bought a wig!!

Sorry (for you) that your trip is almost over.... but at least you "will always have Paris" (memories)!

Karen

I have noticed an absence qlso: I amglad you are back:::I miss you all! Having fun here in Paris... wondering why noone appeared Tom get the Calcium with magnesium for better absorption and also because we need extra magnesium with our diet: hairloss will get better if you all eat more Protein and take Biotin and B12 B-6 and folic acid- they sell the sublingual all together:

Karen Hi!!! I know you will feel more with this fill I amglad you are being cqreful

You know I have given lots of free advice here but it seems noone really pqys much qtttention when i post in response to a prblem as I have earlier in the thread about supple,ents and nutrition etc: You return with the same type of answers given by someone else/// just want to help I do that for a living and I chqrge 90 to 100 dollARS per hour consultation so take advntage of this instead of going to pay extra money

Well I was going to reply even before I finished your post....I wanted to know what the "sublingal" all together is. I'd like to do that. I think I need more Vitamins and this hair thing is too much! And I thank you and appreciate all your knowledge! The check is in the mail!

Hi Guys,

I am still here.... just had my second fill and it doesn't seem to be working very well, although I am being very careful just in case!! I guess I am going to be one of those people who will not get restriction until my 3rd fill?? :cry My doctor even gave me 3cc, so now I am up to 5cc in my 10cc band. What is it gonna take??

Yes, I get a "pinching" feeling sometimes at my portsite. AND I have been losing my hair, although it seems to have slowed down now. So I guess we are all "normal" no matter what is going on in this band-journey, huh?

We HAVE been a quiet bunch, haven't we?? I think I have been quiet mostly because I didn't feel like I am going through the same things as everyone else, and I was hoping my fill would change that! And I just found out that my Dad has lung cancer, and it took the wind out of my sails a bit. I am dealing with this better now, and I will try harder to check in more because I need this group as much or more than anyone!!

Karen

My third fill did it for me. A HUGE difference. Im not sure how much I have now. I had 3 I think then 1.5 and Im not sure what they put in this time. So I have at least 5 in a 10 cc. It is amazing the difference between now and then. I an soooo nervous tho that I will gain weight on this vacation. I had to forgo dinner tonight becuase I had Breakfast and lunch and just can't fit anymore in! I feel eternally fulL!

read page 12 on this document...maybe it will help.

http://www.lsaobesity.com/Lap-BandDietGuide.htm

GREAT SITE! Thanks for sending it. I think I need to eat more Protein. I think my caloric intake is too low. I need to find out how much protein is in an oz of chicken or meat......I don't think I get enough. I try to drink a 1/2 a shake for breakfast and I try to eat one Protein Bar that has 10grams.... plus my food. Ill lookl into this. I can't believe that I could possibly be a victim of "poor nutrition"! Ha, go figure!

My third fill did it for me. A HUGE difference. Im not sure how much I have now. I had 3 I think then 1.5 and Im not sure what they put in this time. So I have at least 5 in a 10 cc. It is amazing the difference between now and then. I an soooo nervous tho that I will gain weight on this vacation. I had to forgo dinner tonight becuase I had breakfast and lunch and just can't fit anymore in! I feel eternally fulL!

Thanks, Marni, for the encouragement. I will be getting another fill in 8 weeks, and I'm sure that will make the difference. I finally did feel some restriction today (a little!) and it felt good! I would almost be happy to experience a PB, just to know that this is working! :nervous

Karen

I get more than my share of Protein and take my Vitamins but I have had some Hair loss, though not significant. What I do find hard is getting my Calcium. I have chocolate calcium chewables, but they taste like chalk and make me want to vomit. So, I bought pills and they are monsters and they get stuck. I bought the chewables from my surgeon and can't find chewables at my pharmacy. What calcium supplements do you all take?

:girl_hug: By the way, it was good to come back on and see some of you back and hitting the buttons. :mad: