Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Thanks kjojojr. Good luck at your doctors appt. Let us know how it goes. It just shows you how different everyone is. I live a long way (5 hours) from my doc. so I can only see him once a month when he is up this way. My first fill has helped, but looking forward to #2.

I do weigh at home, but whenI am at the hospital I check my weight there. the norm is to deduct 2 lbs for clothing. So I am happier with the hospital scale which is accurate and the one used by new lapbanders and bypass patients. I wish I did not obsess with weighing every day!

I had an NSV today...I went shopping for household stuff and I thought...why not try on some smaller sizes to see what fits? I was using 20/22 dresses, blouses sometimes 18/20 if lucky. I decided to be bold and see where a 14W would fit or not fit.... OMG it fit!!!!! :faint:

Thanks kjojojr. Good luck at your doctors appt. Let us know how it goes. It just shows you how different everyone is. I live a long way (5 hours) from my doc. so I can only see him once a month when he is up this way. My first fill has helped, but looking forward to #2.

Wouldn't you know it, All day long I have felt so much restriction. I get my fill tomorrow and I can't get anything down. I'm still gonna go tho. I canceled my appt. last week cause i felt so much restriction. It's goofy my band works so well before my fills..:)

I had an NSV today...I went shopping for household stuff and I thought...why not try on some smaller sizes to see what fits? I was using 20/22 dresses, blouses sometimes 18/20 if lucky. I decided to be bold and see where a 14W would fit or not fit.... OMG it fit!!!!! :faint:

Way to go!! That is awesome!

OK..I got my 2nd fill Tuesday. I thought I was going to be ok and I am hoping the first couple of days is just tighter. I can't eat! I am PBing...a lot. Not to sound rude and but here is what is happening... I cough...spit...choke and then a clear thick crap comes up. Not really much of the food. All I tried to eat was a baked potato and cream of wheat. I'm going to give it a couple more days. What do you guys think?

OK..I got my 2nd fill Tuesday. I thought I was going to be ok and I am hoping the first couple of days is just tighter. I can't eat! I am PBing...a lot. Not to sound rude and but here is what is happening... I cough...spit...choke and then a clear thick crap comes up. Not really much of the food. All I tried to eat was a baked potato and cream of wheat. I'm going to give it a couple more days. What do you guys think?

Brooksie, sounds like those foods are too dry. Try something smoother.

Brooksie,

I know exactly what you are talking about. I PB'ed last night after trying to chew some chix with sauce on it and after about 5 bites I was in major pain. So I waited about 10 min and couldn't take the pain anymore so I made myself get rid of it and it was like a thick long goowy plug. I felt fine once I got that out. I know if does sound gross but having a band you know exactly what I am talking about. I sometimes can eat something and the next week have it again and forget it....It just gets stuck. What I am starting to notice is if I start my meal with something hot like watery Soup that will loosen me up to get some solids down. I had some fish the other day at Co Co's and it came with soup so I sipped the soup before the fish and the fish went down fine. I then took the fish home for dinner and heated it up in the micro and tried to eat it with watery tarter sauce and it got stuck. So starting the meal off with hot liquids makes it easier. I am going to have to make some broth to sip or even some hot tea before I eat a meal. What I did right after my first fill was go to the Vitamin store and get powder suppliment or they have them in liquids and put it in a cup of juice and sip it for an hour. It really helps put nutrients in your body and you will feel more energy in a couple of hours. I really wanted to chew something after a couple of weeks so I just gradually started sampling different things. Mostly from the Chinese restaruant because they cook everything really soft. I hope this helps!!

This sounds exactly like my recent experience. If this continues and nothing works, call your doctor. It may be that you are still getting used to the fill but it could also mean that you are too full. Don't let it go on too long if you continue to have a problem.

Thanks for all your help. I am sorry that some of you are experiencing the same as me, but it helps to know that someone is.

I tried to eat lunch today and after about 5 bites of mixed veggies and a baked potato...it got stuck and up came the gross stuff. What the heck is it...slobber?

It is slobber. It is a thick substance that helps your food go down but in our case sits on top of the band and collects the slobber mixed with food..................Yummy. I think that is why if you do hot liquid before the meal it will break/water down the slobber to not be so thick.

OK. I realize I'm old, decripited and WAY out of shape but had no idea how much so until I actually tried to exercise. I thought the trainer's expectations were a bit lofty (over an hour workout when I haven't done any for YEARS), but was game.

I was to start with a 15 minute warm-up on any of the cardio-type machines. I went to a elipitical trainer, looked at it and totally forgot how to get the machine going. Went up to the trainer, she came back and got me started. (DUH! It's self-powered which means *I* needed to do something for it to do something.) Had the time set for 15 minutes. After about 4 I could really feel it. At 5, began to plan my funeral. At 6 thought I should call to have them start digging so got off the machine. My legs were wobbly and numb and I could hardly walk. I wobbled up to the desk and she was kind of surprised. (She did check the machine and somehow I was at an advanced level and she said it was probably the most rigorous of the cardio machines. Why she didn't suggest a more mild machine to start with, I don't know!) Any way, I did some stretching and spent 10 minutes on a recumbent bike. That wasn't too bad and I even increased the level a couple of times to get more resistance.

I was suppose to do the weight training on my lower body. When she saw I had to lift my legs to get them up to the plate (still burning from the elipitcal machine), she suggested we do the upper body instead. I did get through one set of 12 on all 7 machines. Was suppose to do two sets but wasn't going to happen. I hit the showers and drove home thankful that my first day in hell was over!

I don't hurt as bad this morning as I expected that I would. I'm planning on going back Monday (plan calls for twice a week with the weight training and can do extra cardio if I want - like that will happen!), but I'm also scheduled for a fill on Monday so we'll have to see if the old, weary body can handle both. And this weekend I get the pleasure of working outside in the freezing cold putting up fencing so my goats can come to the new place.

I have decided that surgery is MUCH easier than exercise. I'd gladly go under the knife anytime they want if it would get me out of formal exercise. I'm reasonably active but I still think it's not a fitness center but a torture center. I'm sure there's a dungeon somewhere with similar equipment!

Tom

I know what you mean Tom. Darn exercise..............if we just get rid of the cars and go back to walking and riding horses then we wouldn't have to go threw the workout hell. I sit on my butt all day at my desk which doesn't help either. I agree with the torture chamber!!!! That was funny.

Have fun with your fence. Soon you will have the energy to chase the goats around for exercise. Gotta make it fun somehow. Have a good weekend full of fun and exercise.........Well at least Fun!!!

Wow Angela T that is awesome. What a huge difference. I keep noticing little changes but nothing really major. That is super.

As for the fill thing I feel so lucky as I have not had this happen. After a fill do you guys go back to liquids? Cause when I get a fill I have to go back to 3 days liquid then 3 days mushies or soft foods and then slowly back to food trying things like in the begining just doing it more quickly than right after surgery. Maybe that would help. Also if I get sick which luckily I have not yet had happen. I have to go back to liquids for 3 days and do the same little cycle. Maybe that would help as I said I have followed that and not gotten sick ever.

Thanks for the ticker tip I will go and try it. It is supposed to be put directly in the si box. That must be what I am doing wrong?

I started excercising! I can't believe it. AND I actually love it. I could just walk and walk and walk..... I also bought a ball thing to try out. I wonder if there is a weight limit for those things. In any case, perhaps it just took starting to get those excercise juices flowing!