Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

HI all, I'm doing my 3rd fill in 2 days. I'm hoping to find my sweet spot too. It's a weird process, isn't it. Sometimes i feel really restricted and other times i feel i can eat like any non banded or "the others".........as i like to call them.:heh: Oh well, I'm enjoying the process. One thing that bugs me is "the others" asking how much have i lost or are you feeling ok? I shouldn't have told everyone i was getting banded. Live n Learn.

good luck with your next fill. I am going next week for my second fill and hoping for more restriction. I feel the same way about wishing I hadnt told everyone....now certain ones ask me "how much have you lost? are you sticking to your diet?" :faint: I guess there are some people who are just waiting for me to fail. But I wont fail this time. I wont!!!! and neither will you.

You all seem to be doing great. I just found the November Bandster thread. Love it. I was banded on November 21 by Dr. Jossart from the San Fransisco Laproscopic Associates. I had my first fill last week in my 10 cc. band. Dr. Cirangle put 1.33 in. I feel full longer, but thought it would be more. It did kick my weight loss in again so thats good. I had been stuck at 35 lbs for almost 2 weeks. The fill was Friday and I have lost 3 lbs since then. It's great to see where other November people are. My doc said I was above average for weight loss, but after seeing some of you I don't see that. I do feel great about where I am. Keep up the awesome work and I am glad I found you all!:clap2:

You all seem to be doing great. I just found the November Bandster thread. Love it. I was banded on November 21 by Dr. Jossart from the San Fransisco Laproscopic Associates. I had my first fill last week in my 10 cc. band. Dr. Cirangle put 1.33 in. I feel full longer, but thought it would be more. It did kick my weight loss in again so thats good. I had been stuck at 35 lbs for almost 2 weeks. The fill was Friday and I have lost 3 lbs since then. It's great to see where other November people are. My doc said I was above average for weight loss, but after seeing some of you I don't see that. I do feel great about where I am. Keep up the awesome work and I am glad I found you all!:clap2:

Welcome!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I went to the doctors yesterday afternoon. Since my last visit about 1 month ago I had only dropped 1 pound, so he did another fill. Ok..the first fill I didn't feel anything. When he pushed that needle in and started digging around..I FELT IT! I'm pretty sure I he got it because I could eat last night. I even tried Tomato Soup. I didn't throw up all of it, but some came back up. This morning I am eating a packet of Cream of Wheat and it feels ok. I serious wonder if he hit the port on the first fill because I just didn't feel full. Plus, there was a big difference in the way he did this fill and the other. Anyway, I am thankful now that I feel something. I hope it works!

I am going today for a fill.. I need it. I am just like the rest of you. Sometimes I can EAT!!Sometimes I can not. Noodles are out of the question unless they are pretty moist along with hamburgers, even if the burger is without the bread. My weight loss has really slowed so I am feeling a bit depressed about it. I have been exercising at least 5 times a week. Eliptical and walking plus weight training 1-2 times a week. You would think it would just fall off.. NOPE.. not me. I am down to a size 16 which I started @ a 18 or even sometimes 20's. So that is nice.

1 # a week is so SLOW..........Hopefully this fill helps. Started @ 242 down to 215. about 27 lbs.

I went to the doctors yesterday afternoon. Since my last visit about 1 month ago I had only dropped 1 pound, so he did another fill. Ok..the first fill I didn't feel anything. When he pushed that needle in and started digging around..I FELT IT! I'm pretty sure I he got it because I could eat last night. I even tried Tomato Soup. I didn't throw up all of it, but some came back up. This morning I am eating a packet of Cream of Wheat and it feels ok. I serious wonder if he hit the port on the first fill because I just didn't feel full. Plus, there was a big difference in the way he did this fill and the other. Anyway, I am thankful now that I feel something. I hope it works!

Brooksie...i am so glad you got a Good fill! :clap2: :clap2: Just remember to chew, chew, chew! I bought a baby spoon and a baby fork so I can learn to take the tiny bites. It is amazing how the brain adapts and thinks it is a normal size portion on that tiny little fork!

Brooksie, it sounds like the 1st fill just sucked into the band. I'm stuck on my weight loss right now. Nothing much happening. So my fill is tomorrow. I hope it kick starts me again. My biggest problem is everyone who knows expects to see me so much thinner and it frustrates me. I tell them you won't see any results until the end of the year. I would like better results but i am definately a slow loser. I'll find out at the doc's how much i have lost ...not much but that's ok better than gaining.

Welcome, this is a great thread, i agree. Hey don't fret about your weight loss. I was banded on nov 10 06 and you have doubled my weight loss. You are doing fantastic!!:clap2: Tomorrow I weigh in at the doc's so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This will be my 3rd fill, hoping this will be my sweet spot to really get this band where it's suppose to be..Talk 2 u soon. Kelley

OMG Tom I love the story. Yes they use flatter to keep their customers but your paying big money for it so enjoy. Flatter and flirting is fun. Working out is a matter of forcing yourself to make it part of your routine. I have discovered that if I don't go work out right after work then forget it.........it won't happen. Once you start making it a habit you feel the guilt if the scale stops or goes up. Good luck with your workout. I totally know what you are going threw. I went working out with my skinny friend :phanvan the other day and we were walking up hills and she was way in front of me. SOOONN I will be able to pass her up........I just felt like the Little Engine that COULD.......I think I can.....I think I can!!!!! :( The best feeling is going home after the work out and thinking to myself.....Thank god that is over!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.:D

OMG Tom I love the story. Yes they use flatter to keep their customers but your paying big money for it so enjoy. Flatter and flirting is fun. Working out is a matter of forcing yourself to make it part of your routine. I have discovered that if I don't go work out right after work then forget it.........it won't happen. Once you start making it a habit you feel the guilt if the scale stops or goes up. Good luck with your workout. I totally know what you are going threw. I went working out with my skinny friend :phanvan the other day and we were walking up hills and she was way in front of me. SOOONN I will be able to pass her up........I just felt like the Little Engine that COULD.......I think I can.....I think I can!!!!! :( The best feeling is going home after the work out and thinking to myself.....Thank god that is over!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.:D

Well, I'm fortunate that our fitness center is company subsidized so it's only $15/month. And it is right in the building so if I don't go after (or before) work, I won't go since I live almost an hour away from work. All I have to do is walk downstairs, change clothes and I'm exercising. All of the staff in the fitness center have degrees in related fields and are great. They were all VERY interested in the band. Several at work have had the bypass and have used the fitness center but none have been banded. Unlike some, I don't mind talking about it. They felt my weight loss (30 pounds, banded 11/7) was great and MUCH more healthy than those that had the bypass.

For those that aren't happy, remember 1-3 pounds is a much healthier loss rate for the long haul. It will take you longer to get where you're going but you'll have more likelihood of staying there once you get there. You didn't gain 50 pounds in a couple of months so don't expect to lose that much that quick either. Remember, good things come to those that wait!

Tom

Yep Tom you are so right. It is frustrating in the moment getting on the scale and seeing nothing but then when you look at the whole picture and you see I have lost 24 pounds it seems a lot better.

I think perception is key and I also think the scale can be a big downer for us and make us feel like a failure when we are not failing. I am seriously thinking about putting mine away and having my hubby bring it out once a week for me to use. Then I will not feel so rotten one days when it goes up from the number it was before. Those little one pound flutuations can be caused by something other than what my head tells me.

The scale is cruel if you visit it daily!

That is soooooooooo true. My husband and I were just talking about that because I get mad if it goes up a pound. He said I am obsessing on it which is true. I am going to once a week so I don't get so discouraged. My cloths are getting loose and that is a nice feeling!!! I can break out my old cloths I put away because they were too tight. The big picture is what to concentrate on. Getting to that goal!!!!!!! I can't wait to be in Onederland again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

Yep Tom you are so right. It is frustrating in the moment getting on the scale and seeing nothing but then when you look at the whole picture and you see I have lost 24 pounds it seems a lot better.

I think perception is key and I also think the scale can be a big downer for us and make us feel like a failure when we are not failing. I am seriously thinking about putting mine away and having my hubby bring it out once a week for me to use. Then I will not feel so rotten one days when it goes up from the number it was before. Those little one pound flutuations can be caused by something other than what my head tells me.

The scale is cruel if you visit it daily!

I don't own a scale. Most home scales aren't overly accurate, especially at the upper weights. And most don't go over 250-300 and I was over 300 and still over 250 (although getting MUCH closer!!).

I weigh once a week at the nurse's office at work. Actually, there's a scale in the locker room in the fitness center so I'll probably just start using that instead. It's a medical scale so far more accurate than what I'd buy in the store. I still remember back 800 years ago when I was on Weight Watchers (long before the "points"), they did not want us weighing between meetings. Probably not as big of a deal for me as it would be for women, but your body can retain fluids that can add considerably to your weight. Remember, a gallon is about 8 pounds. A cup of Water weighs about 1/2 pound. In other words, a good pee before you weigh could make the difference of a pound or more depending on your bladder size.

Like everyone else, I'd LOVE it if I woke up one morning in shape and totally irresitable by all human kind. For now, though, I have to just settle for the totally irresitable. <G> Any time I get discouraged, I look at my total weight loss since surgery and ask when the last time in my life I lost anywhere near this amount in that amount of time. Obviously, the answer is never so I pat myself on the back for what I've done and restate that I'll be more careful on what I eat if the loss wasn't what I wanted. The world is a tough enough place that I don't need to beat myself up as enough others are more than willing to do that for me. If I can't be my best friend, I certainly can't ask anyone else to do so!

Tom

Yep and about that Water thing. I drink 96+ oz of water every day. My weight goes up during the day but my scale never shows like a difference because of that water nor the difference from when I weigh before I pee or after. Which of course I do and am baffled that there is no change. Today I even tried wearing a heavy sweater then took it off and there was no change. So I am thinking my scale is off. It only goes up in the morning when I get dressed and then it never changes. Next day I will start the day at the whatever loss I have if any weight. Did that make sense?

But furthermore it changes with a clothing weight. Like I put my clothes on and go from 214 to 216 or 17 and it never changes for the water intake or output.

Also Tom I agree with that whole last paragraph. I am moving my scale out tonight, no tomorrow morning. I need to choose a day to do a weight check and tomorrow will be a great place to start.

If someone can tell me how to get a ticker. I will update that on thursdays. Anyone else want to commit to that? We could do it as a group if you guys would like. Oh yes the ticker thing. I tried and it repeatedly tells me invalid file? Dunno!

Go to tickerfactory.com and Use the weight loss scale and copy and paste it onto your signature. You can add anything you want to your signature.

Darn Scales.............:angry