Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Hi Ang and fitz,

I'm so bloody relieved not to be the only one to have a wee cheat. Thanks for posting you girlies ;-) you've put my mind to rest. I didn't even enjoy the meal - but couldn't stop eating it at the time, then as soon as I was finished I hated myself and all the next day. That was yesterday and I was really good all day and lost that pound I gained - thank god.

I was just panicking thinking well I haven't been filled and can eat normally(first time I'd tried since being banded) so what's to stop me eating what I fancy all the time - like before the band. But now I realise it was just a wee slip and I was over reacting as usual - I'm a bit of a worrier!

I'm jealous of all the people out there who have been and are getting filled - I just don't understand why I have to wait so long for mine, feeling sorry for myself - slap me!

I suppose I'll have other bad days - but getting back on the diet is more important than the odd slip.

Thanks for reading and posting.

take care,

Yvonne

xxx

Hi Ang and fitz,

I'm so bloody relieved not to be the only one to have a wee cheat. Thanks for posting you girlies ;-) you've put my mind to rest. I didn't even enjoy the meal - but couldn't stop eating it at the time, then as soon as I was finished I hated myself and all the next day. That was yesterday and I was really good all day and lost that pound I gained - thank god.

I was just panicking thinking well I haven't been filled and can eat normally(first time I'd tried since being banded) so what's to stop me eating what I fancy all the time - like before the band. But now I realise it was just a wee slip and I was over reacting as usual - I'm a bit of a worrier!

I'm jealous of all the people out there who have been and are getting filled - I just don't understand why I have to wait so long for mine, feeling sorry for myself - slap me!

I suppose I'll have other bad days - but getting back on the diet is more important than the odd slip.

_________________________________________________________________+______

Oh do not worry....I am sure there are many of us who do cheat...but remember...we actually need to allow ourselves little treats and enjoy them and NOT feel too guilty about them as that will do more harm to us than the actual food would. Just move a little more the next few days...drink a bit more water...and perhaps do a couple of meals the next day of yummy low cal Protein drinks!

THe important thing however is DO NOT eat LARGE PORTIONS in one sitting as that Coud stretch the pouch...maybe. Eat half a hamburgerand half a milkshake....wait about an hour or more and see if you really do want that other half of both. So do enjoy every little bite of that yummy food you are "cheating" on..... just make it a small "cheat" and not too often!:xena_banana:

I think it is inevitable that we will ALL have meals/days/weeks, etc. where we make less than ideal food choices. If we were masters of control, would we have had to have the band in the first place? The band doesn't change our psychological make-up, just HELPS us control how much we can eat without being extremely uncomfortable if we overdo it. It won't stop us from putting the piece of cheesecake in our mouth instead of the baked, skinless chicken breast. That has to fall to back on us.

One thing they really stressed during the LEARN program was if you refer to this as a diet, you will likely not succeed. This is a lifestyle change. Most diets go for a limited duration and then they're over. That's great if you have 10 pounds to lose. We will all need to modify our lifestyle and can never go back to eating the way we use to if we are to be successful. The other key they stressed is that WHEN you "screw up", and you will, DON'T beat yourself up over it. The standard response is that I ate what I shouldn't, I blew the diet and quickly go back to old habits. If you have a meal that isn't on the "approved" list, chalk it up to a less than ideal choice and get back on track with the next meal. The world won't end! If MOST of your choices are what they should be, you're going to lose weight. Consistent weight loss over an extended period of time is something most of us couldn't do on our own so find a non-food reward for you accomplishments and accept that there will be bumps in the road. Just don't turn the bump into a hill into a mountain.

Tom

hi everyone, i have lost 17 # today:nervous and go for my first fill on wednesday, anyone else ready for 1st fill, i was banded 11-7-06

hi everyone, i have lost 17 # today:nervous and go for my first fill on wednesday, anyone else ready for 1st fill, i was banded 11-7-06

Hi JAckye! How are you? My doc does not like to fill until after 8 weeks. In a way now I understand because there are still some days when I feel I have a fill... nothing wants to go down except liquids or very soft mushies! Other days I feel very open...I did around the my TOM. I will have mine in January sometime.... I will be moving back to the SF bay area so I have to 0pack and do all kinds of things to move on Jan. 14 all in just 5 days! :faint:

We have lost the same amount....same date , same amount of weight:clap2: :clap2: It has been nice because people are noticing!

Jackye, I too was banded on 11/7 and am tentatively scheduled for my first fill on 12/18. I'll weigh again at work tomorrow but was down 16 pounds as of last Monday (1 day less than 4 weeks) so on about the same track as you.

Tom

Hi,

Good luck with those of you having your first fill, would love to know how you get on and what it's like, how you feel etc?

It's great to see everyone's weight loss so far. Angela, I'm a bit like you too, have full days and not hungry but empty days - and where I feel like I need/deserve a decent meal - how are you doing on the liquid/mushie diet and what helps you stay with it? It get's me down some days. I won't get a fill till late Feb/early march (waiting for appt) and it seems a hell of a way away. I have no restriction whatsoever and could eat like I was before the op but I'm doing myself a favour and sticking with the eating plan.

Are you all suprised at your weightloss so far? are you pleased or think it's not enough? I just hope the rate keeps up for a while at least.

What are you all eating at this stage?

I'm having lots of fruit juice (fave is pomegranate), milk, coffee and flavoured Water (my dietician said coffee was fine and I love her for it, read on here that coffee is not allowed) plus one Protein Shake a day (yummy - tastes like ice cream), porridge, Soup and milk puddings like semolina, yoghurts and mousses. Tried a soft boiled egg one morning and felt too full for the rest of the day. It's not a hardship it's just that doing it for 3 months seems daunting.

Wondering also if anyone had problems with bulemia/anorexia in the past. I did and it was the only period in which I could control/manage my weight.

Love reading about everyones experiences on here.

Take care,

Yvonne

x

I am scheduled for my first fill on Wednesday. I wonder if they will do it though. I have developed a cold in chest. I am scared that I am riping something everytime I cough.

I thought that I would share some good news with all of you! I got engaged this weekend!!! My boyfriend of nearly two years proposed to me on Saturday at a German Christmas Market in downtown Chicago! We are planning on getting married next December! Yay!!! :) :)

Hi,

Good luck with those of you having your first fill, would love to know how you get on and what it's like, how you feel etc?

It's great to see everyone's weight loss so far. Angela, I'm a bit like you too, have full days and not hungry but empty days - and where I feel like I need/deserve a decent meal - how are you doing on the liquid/mushie diet and what helps you stay with it? It get's me down some days. I won't get a fill till late Feb/early march (waiting for appt) and it seems a hell of a way away. I have no restriction whatsoever and could eat like I was before the op but I'm doing myself a favour and sticking with the eating plan.

Are you all suprised at your weightloss so far? are you pleased or think it's not enough? I just hope the rate keeps up for a while at least.

What are you all eating at this stage?

I'm having lots of fruit juice (fave is pomegranate), milk, coffee and flavoured Water (my dietician said coffee was fine and I love her for it, read on here that coffee is not allowed) plus one Protein Shake a day (yummy - tastes like ice cream), porridge, Soup and milk puddings like semolina, yoghurts and mousses. Tried a soft boiled egg one morning and felt too full for the rest of the day. It's not a hardship it's just that doing it for 3 months seems daunting.

Wondering also if anyone had problems with bulemia/anorexia in the past. I did and it was the only period in which I could control/manage my weight.

Love reading about everyones experiences on here.

Take care,

Yvonne

x

I have solids now at least a couple of times a day but sometimes I feel I need liquid or mushies....I need to probably do more mushies for a while longer.

I thought that I would share some good news with all of you! I got engaged this weekend!!! My boyfriend of nearly two years proposed to me on Saturday at a German Christmas Market in downtown Chicago! We are planning on getting married next December! Yay!!! :) :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Okay, how is everyone today? My surgery was on Thursday, December 7th. It is now Monday and I feel horrible. I am sore, nauseated, and missing food. Feel week and dehydrated. Can somebody please share their personal experiences on when this should pass? I have a one year old, two year old, and a six year old and i can barely get up to take care of myself let alone them!

Hi,

I fell off the wagon last night and had a chinese chow mein. Now that I know I can eat without any problems it's going to be much harder to stick to a liquid/mushies diet for the next 3 months till my first fill. :help:

Anyone else having problems?

I'm trying to be good today, last night wasn't about hunger - more just wanting. I'm fed up at having to wait all this time for a fill, seems like torture when I'm reading on here that you guys are being filled much sooner.

What do you all think?

Yvonne

x

I did liquids for a week then mushies for like 2 days then went into soft foods. I haven't had a problem eating anything solid. I obviously didn't follow instructions to the t but my doc said if I can tolerate the food then go ahead. I have an appointment on Thursday and I think I will get a fill then. I hope so, hoestly I eat a lot less but I could keep going.....

Mine was Nov 30th.

Medical city by Dr Jayaseelan

On the following Monday I was going to go back to work but stayed home till Tuesday. I still did not feel 100% for the whole week. Don't let yourself get dehydrated. I was allowed to drink gatoraide. I know someone who got dehydrated after day surgery and had to go back into the hospital for almost a week.

I was week for the whole week and started to add a Protein Powder along with the low cal Protein Shakes. It was suggested to get at least 80gs Protein a day. I started getting more engery after that. I still have some soreness but it is getting better. They say that where they put the port is going to be sore the longest due since they stitch the port to the muscle at that location.

Tom

I am scheduled for my first fill on Wednesday. I wonder if they will do it though. I have developed a cold in chest. I am scared that I am riping something everytime I cough.

Wow, Everyone is doing so well. I think I have lost about 21#'s. I was banded on NOV 8 and get my first fill Dec 20th. I am losing about 1-2#'s a week. Walking 3-4 days and doing my eliptical trainer 2-3 days a week.The eliptical is muscular training for sure, my legs are like rubberbands when I am done! (I take at least one day off.) Dr. OZ says walk EVERYDAY however I feel like one day off boost my morale! HA

I am not sure I need a fill. Last week for 3-4days I was having pain in my right side but its finally for the most part stopped. :) Had a Dr's appt but canceled it because I knew I was getting my fill the 20th, and I its better???

I can't imagine still being on mushies... I don't think I could do it. I am eating almost everything with in reason. Breakfast two eggs once pc of toast. lunch 4 0z tuna, 1/2 C Broccli. (Snack grapefruit sections, natural selections.) dinner will be Mandwich 93% lean beef (open face) salad w/LF dressing.

Its going good. I just have to stay focused, eat slow, CHEW!!!!