Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back To Work Too Soon! Regrets! (I'm Not 25 Even Though I Feel Like It Inside!)

Hey Club 50's! I was sleeved on 10/11/12 and returned to my secretarial job yesterday and I dont think my body was ready! I felt great all day-nothing my Tylenol couldn't handle -then POW! At 3:45 (I work 8-4) I got the dame pain I get after I sneeze or cough too hard, except the pain didn't go away after a minute or two. Thank God I live 4 minutes from work-crawled in bed, called my dr. They said to stay home snd rest and call later today. They recommend a min. of 2 weeks off, no one told me that snd they gave me a back to work letter stating the 22nd! Anyway .... what is the burning feeling? Is it the stomach or hernia repair?? Feeling scared-I was doing so well!

I hope you feel better. Yes, it sounds like you went back to work too soon. Get plenty of rest and listen your dr and body lol! We may feel good but it is still major surgery. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Slimagain! I think I rushed back trying to prove to myself ... I'm good! I can do this like a 20-year old! Yeah, right! ;). Now I'm back in bed, what I do to myself!!!

Hey Holly,

I'm sorry you aren't feeling great. I went to a doggie reunion for our rescue group on saturday. I thought I was doing great. On the way home....oh Lordie!!! Needless to say i was in bed Sun & Mon.

I THINK the burning may be that you tugged at your internal stitches. I read that some stitches are sewn to the muscle wall and that what tugs and then could burn until it dissolves, which takes several months. Could that be the burning or is it your new tummy? I'm sure this made you feel stress so your acid could be churning more...

If you continue to hurt, calling your doc back might be a good idea, even if just for peace of mind. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, Slimagain! I think I rushed back trying to prove to myself ... I'm good! I can do this like a 20-year old! Yeah, right! ;). Now I'm back in bed, what I do to myself!!!

You welcome! You will be up and about before you know it. Take you some Me Time!!!! Healing comes from rest.

I had a hematoma behind one of my incisions and it felt like a burning pain right underneath my skin. There was also a hard knot. It finally went away but it was painful. Good luck

I haven't had surgery yet (11/14) but I was told to be prepared for two weeks off. If I want to go back earlier, which a lot of my friends did, he has to clear me first. Hope it all works out.

I also took the four weeks off actually only 5days post op now. I'm dragging my butt whenever I leave the house. Went to Walmart today for a half hour and had to take a cat nap when I got back:-) me and Netflix are spending a lot of quality time

Hey there! I saw my dr. yesterday and he suggested I stay home this week. He said the sutures closing hernia was done tight (the pulling/burning feeling) so the herniadoesnt return and the wounds from laprascopes still need to heal-stomach muscles are traumatized! All the twisting, stretching and up-and-down movements at work stressed the muscles trying to heal. At least I know I didn't tear something! (how I felt on way home from work!) Only naseaus in hospital. But I'm still on clears as full makes me feel uncomfortable. And my sumach still gurgles a lot!