Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aetna Sleevers Please Help If You Can, My World May Have Just Crumbled.

I'm hysterical right now. I've got my final PCP visit this afternoon so I called my surgeon's office to find out what documentation they needed from her. Day 90 of this 3 month program is November 15th so I want to make sure everything is in order long before then. My last nutrition and psych/behavioral appts are next Monday.

She said the notes from the visits. I asked about the 2 year weight history. I remember reading that I needed documentation that I've been fat for at least 2 years. She said oh yes, notes from 2010 and 2011 also. I said I didn't think there was a note from 2011, but lots from 2010, 2009, 2008, etc.

Nope. They will reject it unless it's the previous 2 years.

Which would mean I couldn't have the surgery until 2014.

And all this hope and planning and appts I've been going to since the end of July are all in in the dust at my feet. I'm so nauseous and dizzy I can barely breathe.

Obviously I need to verify dates at my appt today, but in my gut I know there's no 2011 weight.

I had given up for most of 2010 and all of 2011. I wouldn't even step on a scale.

It’s open enrollment time - is there a possibility of changing plans now? Just thinking out of the box and how you can possibly still get what your looking for.

I KNOW I refused to step on the scale often - so I may be in the exact same place as you when my waiting time is up in January. I have to wait six months.

Call your insurance company and ask them. Tell them there are detailed notes for the other years, and find out if that's a deal-killer. Also, find out if you can have the surgeon submit it that way, then appeal if it's rejected. Best of luck!

Just take a deep breath and try to calm down. I had the similar, although I didnt have your same insurance, It had been over the two year mark since I had seen a nutritionist, but I wrote down everything I had done, in detail, submitted it and they accepted it. All you can do is give them the info and see if they will go for it. Hoping you can get it approved!

No other insurance choice for me. Just Aetna. Find out now or you may have to repeat the 6 months. I can't believe I'm just learning this now.

Raven......did you have any weight documentation anywhere else? Like from a job pre-screening, curves, weight-watchers.......etc.

Have you been to any walkin clinics or emergency rooms in 2011?

What about OB-Gyn? Any records there?

Talk to your PCP and see what he/she says. Dont panick.

I'm hysterical right now. I've got my final PCP visit this afternoon so I called my surgeon's office to find out what documentation they needed from her. Day 90 of this 3 month program is November 15th so I want to make sure everything is in order long before then. My last nutrition and psych/behavioral appts are next Monday.

She said the notes from the visits. I asked about the 2 year weight history. I remember reading that I needed documentation that I've been fat for at least 2 years. She said oh yes' date=' notes from 2010 and 2011 also. I said I didn't think there was a note from 2011, but lots from 2010, 2009, 2008, etc.

Nope. They will reject it unless it's the previous 2 years.

Which would mean I couldn't have the surgery until 2014.

And all this hope and planning and appts I've been going to since the end of July are all in in the dust at my feet. I'm so nauseous and dizzy I can barely breathe.

Obviously I need to verify dates at my appt today, but in my gut I know there's no 2011 weight.

I had given up for most of 2010 and all of 2011. I wouldn't even step on a scale.

[/quote']

I'm sorry please keep us updated. Your dr might be able to help

Yes did you use any hospital during 2011? Care now? Prima care? ER or gynocologist? If they weighed you then you can use that.