Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg! I Don't Like Greek Yogurt...

Oh oops I bought already made. Still will try it, thanks.

I didn't know there was an already made sugar free cheese cake pudding. I've never seen that. How was it?

I hate Greek yogurt, unless it's the flavored ones, but those are too high in carbs, so I eat beef jerkey instead.

I bought the cheesecake pudding and made that. I will try the yogurt mixed with that tomorrow. If I don't like it,I will finally give up on yogurt!

Try mixing in sf cheesecake pudding into plain greek yogurt. It's delicious. You can experiment on how much pudding mix you need to add in.

That sounds so good. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the idea.

I tried it. I finally have to accept that I don't like yogurt, any brand or flavor! Life would be so much easier if I liked it lol

I'm going to eat all the nutritious foods, but I have to like them too. I don't get to eat very much. :)

WooHoo

LilMissDiva

nice to see you - what a treat, haven't seen you around this board in awhile miss ya :(

know you're busy, studying, working hard

don't ever forget us ok :mellow::)

keep on keepin on

:)

i luv key lime chiobani!!!! yum yum

:) :)

i know it is high in carbs, but its a treat for me

Have you tried the dannon light and fit version of greek yogurt? It is flavored' date=' under 100 calories and high in Protein and YUMMY![/quote']

Really? Dannon light and fit are my favorites but I didn't know they had Greek yogurt! How much protien is on them?

My nut. said Danon Lite 'n Fit blended yogurt is ok -as long as there aren't any fruit bits-must be smooth. I tried one with a little skim milk to thin it and it tasted horrible. Greek yogurt, which I loved Pre-op, tastes so darn sour! I've got to try the cheesecake pudding and the ice cream recipes. shakes are getting boring -I do miss chewing!

I made a greek yogurt dessert and I'm loving it. I mix vanilla greek yogurt, honey (or splenda if you're out of carbs for the day) and cinnamon. Then I half way freeze it.

OR you can get Greek Yogurt and mix pumpkin pie spice in it, and then eat it, also delicious and great for thanksgiving when everyone else is eating the real thing!

I have wasted so much money in 10 month on trying every brand and flavor I think of Greek yogurt! . I simply cannot stand the taste! I take one taste, and in the trash it goes. I am through with it! Kudos to all of you who can stand the taste. I have to spend my money now on new clothes and can't waste anymore on this stuff! LOL!

I LOVE flavored Greek yogurt (usually buy Yoplait Greek 100). I have yogurt for Breakfast almost every morning and often for a snack.

I like to add cinnamon to the vanilla. Will have to try adding pumpkin pie spice - that sounds yummy! Also like the cheesecake pudding idea - maybe with a little vanilla or caramel Torani? ??

Fortunately my doc's plan doesn't really limit carbs (well OK, about 90/day average for a week) - they don't endorse the Atkins Diet way of eating. They do prefer the carbs to be from fruits, veggies and non-sugar for the most part but a little honey or other natural sweetner now & again is OK because we're eating so few calories.

Glad they have that philosophy - I just couldn't do a 10-20 carb limit along with everything else. Heck, my Calcium alone has 10 carbs and my mulit-Vitamin has 2. I average about 55 carbs/day right now (I'm 6 weeks out). I've lost 35 pounds so far so it seems to be working out OK so far.......

But if you just can't stand Greek yogurt, don't force yourself. Life is too short to do that! Maybe cottage cheese instead - you can add Torani Syrup to that and it's pretty yummy!

I love it and it loves me. Yum yum yummy :)

for some reason i wasn't much of a Greek yogurt person either, it tasted like it was expired yogurt or sour cream, That was until i tried the Fit and light vanilla flavored one (i believe its danon) it comes in a purple container and came highly recommended from my nutritionist. I see that some others have recommended it as well so hopefully that means i dont have some crazy taste buds...

But yeah, try the danon one, mixed with some Protein powder and enjoy...

It's definitely an aquired taste. When I first tried it I hated it. I tried it again recently and I liked it. I LOVE the oikos individual ones- the honey flavored is the best thing I've ever tasted, though the carbs and sugar on those are pretty high so it's not an all the time thing. I started buying a big tub of plain FF yogurt and quickly realized all Greek yogurt is not created equal. I bought the Chiobani and it was SUCH a strong flavor, I didn't really love it. I like putting it on things in place of sour cream- chilli, with black Beans and salsa etc and the Chiobani was way too tart to do that with. I almost gave up on Greek yogurt again but then I bought a tub of Fage just to see and it's SO much better. I love it!

But some people just don't have a taste for it which is understandable. Don't force it If you don't like it, as lilmissdiva said- there are plenty of other high Protein things you can find to eat :)