Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unexpected Post Op Changes

I never would have imagined wanting to wear make up -- lots of it. And learning application techniques. And Having a skin care regimen and following it for more than a day.

Now that I'm no longer hung up on my "disgusting body" as I felt it was before, I'm beginning to take so much more pride in my appearance. I was surprised by how much I enjoy spending that extra time on myself since pre-op I couldn't have been bothered with washing my face more than once a day and just patting some powder on my skin.

I feel like I want to take so much better care of myself now and in turn with that, the more I do take care of my outside, the better I feel about myself (on top of practically being a skeleton)! Haha!

Congrats! Makeup is so much fun! I watch video tutorials on Youtube or go to MakeupGeek.com. Lots of good info on products and techniques. Thank god my husband supports my makeup addiction.

Have fun!

I feel like it goes either way when you are over weight, either you don't really care about make up or there are the girls that go way over board with it. I just keep it simple. I always wanted to try some new stuff though

One of my coworkers noticed that i was doing the same thing....Painting my nails.. wearing my rings ... that now fit yea... yes it is great to take care of yourself..... and my husband is on board he loves my new body this is the life..

I love getting dolled up now.. And I have a crazy skin regiment I do everyday. I personally think I try harder now because of my weight and feel when I get close to goal, I will not be so critical on myself! I hope :D

I don't even go into Walmart, if I'm not wearing make up haha but I am 21 and single.. :P