Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Expecting Too Much?

This might be more of a rant but I would like to know your thoughts. I have a three month requirement for my insurance and I only have a few weeks left. I didn't mind at first that my insurance coordinator didn't return emails or voicemails because I knew I had 90 days left. But as time goes by and the 90 days is coming to an end, I've only gotten one email response all this time. I usually give up and call the main office if I think it's an answer someone else can handle (and they always do). All my interactions with the front office staff and surgeon have been great...but I hate feeling like I should be the one to pester the coordinator to at least return a call or email. I hear about others whose coordinators call them to check on how it's going and to make sure all the requirements are getting met and making sure of what paperwork is still needed. I found out today that one of my requirements (which I did back in August) wasn't showing up in the computer. So now do I have to worry about whether or not things are going to get loaded properly or contact everyone involved on each requirement to verify that the paperwork is being sent?

Am I expecting too much as far as getting customer service from my coordinator? I'm not even the kind of person that likes to pester people. So I send emails and hope that I'll get a response within a couple of weeks (which often doesn't happen). Maybe I have too high expectations?

Absolutely not, it is their job! Mine was fantastic, I never once had to call for anything! Squeaky wheel gets the grease! Keep on them.

Others have been very fortunate. I had to call and e-mail mine all the time. Part of it is my need to do things myself, and not wait on others. The only thing I really needed them to do for me was the surgery. Be your own advocate, it'll save you a lot of time and frustration. Good Luck!