Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Idea!!! wanna join us?!?!?!

Hey all ..

I have an idea ..

why dont we all share the best and worst memories after getting banded??

I'll start first with the worst memory ... :think

Worst Memory: When I tried to have my first solid meal and felt that weird pain!! Suddenly i realized that i will not feel that fullness sensation that i used to enjoy, It's a paining sensation instead. That made me realize that my life has changed for good, not knowing that it will change for the best eventually when i start shedding more lb's :)

Best Memory: When i started to get comments from all the people arround me that i've lost weigh! actually i haven't told any of my friends or second relatives about the operation. I wanted it to be a secret so that i don't jinx it :kiss

Now what are your worst and best memories so far?? :biggrin1:

Regards,

Dana

:funscale:

BEST MEMORY

MY BEST MEMORY WAS JUST TWO WEEKS AGO WHEN I BOUGHT A SIZE 14 OUT FIT, AND IT FIT ME NO PROBLEM, I USED TO BE A SIZE 30 PRE OP. I SAID TO MY HUSBAND THIS CANT BE RIGHT IT MUST HAVE THE WRONG SIZE LABEL ON IT. I COULDNT BELIEVE IT, IT WAS A WONDERFULL FEELING AND I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD GET TO THIS POINT !:) :car: :party:

WORST MEMORY

MY WORST MEMORY WAS WHEN I FIRST HAD THE LAP BAND PUT IN THEY PUT IN WITH SALINE IN IT AND WITH MY TUMMY SWELLING THE HOLE CLOSED UP I COULDNT DRINK AND BECAME SERVERLY DEHYDRATED. I ALSO GOT MRSA IN MY WOUNDS AND THEY TOOK 6 WEEKS TO CLOSE UP. BUT NOW THATS ALL GONE AND REALLY I DONT THINK ABOUT THE BAD THINGS NO MORE AS THE GOOD THINGS FAR OUT WAY THE BAD.:cry

Best Memory: Weighing 226 for the first time in 6 years and went from 22's and 24's to 16-18's. Wow, who would have ever thought 50 pounds would make so much difference in 2 months and 2 wees.

Worst Memory: My family telling me this is the easy way out, I've cheated, it's not really dieting, and me setting down crying because of the lack of support, that would have the be the hardest. My feelings are very, very heart.

Worst: My first of two PBs 6 days after a fill. It lasted for 6 days until I could go get an unfill.

Best: Getting on a commuter plane this weekend and I had plenty of room in the seat, could cross my legs, and no lap belt extender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best memory so far: Fitting into size 18 pants!!! Ok, they must be a loose-cut 18, but still! I started at size 26! Most of my pants are now 20's (or 22's if it's jeans) but this one 18 fit me perfectly!

Worst memory: The three times my stomach closed off and I couldn't drink liquids. The first time, I had to get an unfill. The next two times, I opened it up by drinking hot liquids and then staying on liquids for a day and mushies for a day. I am still very tight and considering a small unfill.

Banded: February 21st, 2006

Lost: 53 pounds

Best Memory: This is hard, since I was just banded 3 weeks ago. I guess the respect that my husband and Mom had for my decision to take control.

Worst Memory: When I woke up in the recovering room, the first word I heard was "obese." The nurses were talking about me! I felt vulnerable and hurt. It wasn't a good way to start my hospital visit.

Best memory... seeing the scale stop reading ERR and then later seeing it not jump into the 300s

Worst memory... horrific ab muscle pain after being recut because my port flipped 3 weeks outta original surgery.

Best Memory: Weighing 226 for the first time in 6 years and went from 22's and 24's to 16-18's. Wow, who would have ever thought 50 pounds would make so much difference in 2 months and 2 wees.

Worst Memory: My family telling me this is the easy way out, I've cheated, it's not really dieting, and me setting down crying because of the lack of support, that would have the be the hardest. My feelings are very, very heart.

Your best memory is AMAZING!! Way to go my friend :biggrin1:

As for your worst memory, the band was NOT the easy way out!!! Going under the knife in surgery was a VERY DIFFICULT dicission and am sure it took you time to decide. Also, we have to be on diets for a LONG period of time, which means that we also diet like others and exercise to loose weight.

Wishing you all the best in your Jurney to shedd the lbs. You Will Do It and shock all the people arround you when you reach yr target weight and Look AMAZING :clap2:

Regards,

Dana

There is an easy solution for this problem. Carry a boat oar, or a cricket bat. If someone ever devalues your work losing weight, or tells you the band is cheating, help them learn how wrong they are by smacking them in the face with the broad face of the oar, or the cricket bat.

You are doing an excellent job and this is not cheating, this is one of the hardest things i've ever had to do, and don't let anyone else convince you any differently.

Best (so far anyway) buying clothes in a smaller size than I can remember in recent history (although, I'm convinced the store had mismarked the 22/24 because they were so HUGE on me, I had to go down to a 18/20)

Worst- sleeping in a reclincer for 2 weeks because I couldn't lay in the bed. Oh, and the celluitis infection at port cite and the resulting thrush from using the oral antibiotics.

Otherwise, so far all experiences have been positive.

the best...fittitng into jeans that have been hanging in my closet for 8 yrs--out of style but they do fit, buying new jeans at goodwill, and being able to fit into clothes that have been in my closet for many years the worst...not being able to have a soft bm....never thought i would be grateful for that, but i thought i had delivered a new baby!!

Best Memory

Receiving a compliment from someone who hasn't seen me since end of May. That person asked me how much I had lost... I told her and then finished by saying "I'd like to lose 20 or so more to get to goal"...she replied "no way....you look so great I don't think you need to lose another lb".....Wow....I didn't know that I had changed that much!

Worst Memory

Having my first PB outside a Wendy's.....I thought I could handle a bit of their chilli.....no way. I got caught right outside their front door without enough time to make it to the car or their washroom and no tissues...it was so unpleasant, I'm always prepared now, just in case.

Carol

THE BEST:

My DD bringing the Dr. she works for (who happens to be my PCP) out to

"look" at me! They both had huge smiles, and were so happy for me! He told me that my DD had been telling him how wonderful I was doing and he said it didn't look like I was going to need him anymore with my blood pressure and sugars being normal! His reaction was great...but the best? That even without me knowing, my DD was bragging on Mom!!!

THE WORST:

I was banded at the same time as my SIL, and she has had complications. Now my MIL "blames" me, and tries to make me feel guilty for mine being trouble free. She says things like "Well you got her into this", and "I wish you had never mentioned this to her". I have to be careful about being too happy around that part of the family....

Kat

I love all your Bests, and am sorry for all your worsts, bust still the Best Memories are worth it :nervous

Now as we shedd more lb's, I'm sure that from now on, it will all be best memories ..

Now, here is my new and Latest Best Memory:

Having a small party at my house last week, along with my two beautiful sisters, and i was told by all who attended that i was the most beuatiful among them!!!!!!!!! I havent heard that in a loooooooooong time and it sure made my day :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Keep them comning guys and gals, and post your most recent Bests :clap2:

Regards,

Dana

BEST: My clothes being that little bit looser EVERY day and having to pack away clothes that are now too big.:clap2:

WORST: The wind pain during the night of my surgery.....the only relief I got was from morphine.:cry