Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

Dear Kat,

I am stunned at this turn of events.

Dear God in heaven, Please send your angels to surround our Kat. Give her your strength and peace and your loving arms.

Will be speaking prayers for the next 12 hours.

Hugs,

I emailed Kat's friend and ask her to tell Kat that we were praying for her and Rick. I also thanked her for updating us. Kat is lucky to have such a good friend right now. I am going to add Rick to the prayer request thread. ~Mandy

Hi gang,

Thank you all for your condolences. I am so glad we drove up. BUT, the weather these past 2 weekends in NJ have

STUNK! Cold raining raw outside. But I much say NC tonight feels about the same as NJ did.

My grandmother went to the wake. She is 97yrs old and amazing! She will be flying down here to Celebrate her 98th BD and Thanksgiving with us. She still travels, and plays cards and reads at least 2 novels a week! She is really something and she looks like she's in her mid 80's. My poor step-grandmother hasn't been good for the past 2 yrs and ever since her love of her life des 8 yrs ago. She was ready I felt peace for her. She was very nice and made my sister and I feel like we were her grandchildren also. She will be missed.

Cindy-How nice of those students to come by and say thanks! When we go back to our old town the kids try to stop in at school to say hello to their teachers. I go with them a lot of times it is fun. When we replaced tile in our old house I had a bunch of friends over for a party and I showed them the tile we all had different color hair so we all plucked a hair and put it on the tile to see which would show the least amount of hair..lol..That is not why they came over..lol..it just worked out to be good timing.

Mandy-Was it your puppy that ran away? Hope you feel better soon. Pictures looked like you had a great time.

Irene-Your boss is making me mad! What a jerk he's being. Do you have the guts to confront him on his behavior or is he a total jerk!

Kat-DS's GF just got out of the hospital this morning. She had a high fever and couldn't keep anything down. They finally gave her a cat-scan yesterday and came to the conclusion that it's a kidney infection.

It sure seems like it's taken a long time for them to figure this out for your DD. I sure hope that it all works out. I'll keep you posted about DSGF.

Eileen-I'm glad Olivia is doing good. Sorry SIL is such a dick! Can I say that..lol..WTF...I don't need a fill but I sure need control! I was so good getting prepared for the car ride. I brought chicken, sliced melon, brought apples, crackers 100 calorie packs, then DD brought a bag of heresy PB KISSES! Hello! and a 100Thou bar for me. I gave half of that to DS. I brought home some melon, all of the apples! WTF Hopefully when we drive up for Christmas I'll bring no crackers no chocolate and only healthy stuff. I was so proud of myself for preparing! ERRR. what church are you going to the big one on 208? I went to Ponds then switched over to Wyckoff Reformed got married there baptized both kids had my confirmation there and DD is buried there. I miss the prettiness of that area so much! Your lucky to live in such a pretty area.

Sherry-Glad you got the raise. I hope things feel comfortable soon!

Pat- How are your feeling these days?

Patty-Any news yet? Hey airborne is great stuff try it it will speed alone your cold! Feel better.

Betty-When do you start all of your Christmas baking? Cookies are my biggest weakness!

Darcy-We have a Hyundai Sonata and love it. Good luck with you new Van!!

Anne, Mary, Allison, Ira, and everyone else..hi hope all is well

Well I'm off to the tub I'm so cold I can't get warm. Have a good night.

It was my doggie that ran away, he was found by the oiginal owner and she decided not to give him back to us. Actually we found out that he was found by an outside source, she never intended to tell us. I adopted another pup today, she is a 14 month old Boston Terrier, just a doll. She is currently sleeping on the couch by my leg. She is a kissy freak, she licked my husbands entire shoulder, neck and head before he left for work today. She is also great at the house breaking, only one accident and it was because she was "lost" upstairs. She found the back door and that is where she goes to go potty now. She also leaves the cats alone, she has never been around cats before so she is affraid of them. I will take and post pics of her later. ~Mandy

Good morning, I am checking in to see how Kat and Rick are doing. There's no news posted since last night...I know we are all still sending up our sincere prayers that all will be well with them.

Mandy, I'm gonna check out those pictures right away! I am so glad you have a new little lovie puppy!

Dianne, I am happy you are back home, and your grandma sounds just like my dear departed grandma...she was full of life, right til the end. That's the way to do it; I hope I am that blessed!

I did find some nice tile...basically, it's a brown/terra cotta, textured 12 inch tile. It's a nice neutral, which goes with lots of colors, so it can be very versatile. I decided to use the same tile in both baths.

We have school holiday today, and I've already done one of my big projects this morning, so I'm going to goof around a little...(that means play Pogo, and watch for a Kat update!)

Hugs, Cindy

Just stopped in to peek and leave a message from Eileenie, she asked me to tell y'all that she tried to get in from work and got Hacked and she can't afford to mess up a computer, especially at work.

Kat, I'm soooo sorry to hear about Rick. Please Kat or friend, let us know how she's doing.

Hugs to all, I know I'm really behind, but a lot's been going on.

I'll get a fresh start soon.

Kat - OMG, what a frightening time this must be for you. You and your husband are in my prayers.

Well after Pat told me about Kat and Rick OMG I had to pop in and say how sorry I am.... This news is just heart breaking to say the least.

Michele, thank you so much for letting us know :girl_hug: please continue to update us.

KAT & RICK YOU ARE IN MY DEEPEST PRAYERS...

I call on You, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, You who save by Your right hand those who take refuge in You from their foes. Keep Rick and Kathy as the apple of your eye; hide them in the shadow of your wings.

Pslam 17:6-8

GoodMorning,

Just checking in on Kat.

I'm feeling better this morning and will go into work. Also wanted to let you guys know that I got an email from my attorney; they have my documents and will begin my file. Thats it.

Still praying for Kat & Rick.

Hugs,

Mandy, I looked at all your pics! I feel like I took a little vacation...the Halloween party looked like a lot of fun! There is a picture of you I think it really cute, holding a green drink...it's a funny smile, but that's what makes it cute! Also, I like the picture of you and DH in front of Cinderella's coach with the pumpkins. What restaurant were you in with Donald and Mickey? OHHHHH, I'm gettin' all pumped for my summer trip! Except for the heat....but we'll deal with that! Thanks for the link!

Still looking for news of Kat and Rick....praying extra hard!

We were at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary (our fave) there was also Minnie, Chip, Dale and Goofy. It's a really great buffet place with my fave scallop salad. I asked for the recipie when it arrives I will share it with you. The funny faces were a combo of pain and fatigue. I ran around the parks like I was a kid again. We opened a park each day and did the late hours each night it was exhausting but a blast. ~Mandy

I thought it was Chef Mickey's! We went there, too! We liked Crystal Palace a whole lot, also. Have you eaten there? I knew you were hurting, and I just hoped the "magic" worked, and you had enough fun that it is was worth it!

Did you ride Everest?

Cindy (self-confessed, signed-sealed-deliverd Disney nut!)

I am a coaster junkie....I rode Everest 5 times in a row. I did the grand opening of it in March so it was not my first time. It is a great ride, now that all the bugs are worked out, when we were there in March it was still being "tweeked" and there were all sorts of audio problems, animation problems and the lights didn't work correctly. It is funny to do the pre-opening of a ride the mistakes in the que and in the ride are circled in white and red so they can be fixed. It's like riding a term paper after grading. My party did the rapids while I looped back several times on Everest. I was worried that if I did the rapids my shoes would be wet and wet shoes = foot problems everytime. I did pretty well considering the condition of my foot at the time. I took breaks often and propped my foot up when needed. The nurses station gave me ice for my foot during the fireworks so that was a nice break. I too and a total nut, I need a straight jacket but it would have to have Mickey on it. ~Mandy

Hey Cindy and Mandy I am a total Disney nut too! I am trying to convince my sister and/or my best friend to take their youngsters to Disney so I can tag along! I had begged my ex-boyfriend to go (he had never been) but he had no interest. Good thing I got rid of him! lol.

We try to go at least twice a year. We go for 2 weeks in the spring and then for a quick 4 day weekend in the fall. The spring trip is different every year but the fall trip is based around the Halloween party. That is a must do for every Disney fan, that has always been the best time we ever have. I could talk about Disney all day....~Mandy