Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Chat

:PHey everyone, I survived today, whoo-hoo! I drove ALL over Orange County and barely can keep my eyes open right now..... dang this stupid time change, anyhoo. Me and my little guys went to the peds doctor and all is well. Garrett is 11 and the Doc was totally interested with all the school drama, and he sides with me. Feeling somewhat uplifted the boys and I then went to a Disney outlet. Now, I know I have no cash but I needed a release and my Amex was just begging to be of some assistance. I was a good girl and only bought a towel(a 50th anniversary), and I had really wanted it when I originally saw in at the resort, it was my lucky day! We ended the afternoon picking up the twins from school and the Mama was very tired. Tomorrow Lewis & I get our flu shots and I didn't have the heart to tell Lewie where we are REALLY going, though he knows at some point we will see Disneyland. Of all the things this little guy has gone through, he doesn't remember his surgery(thank God). But, his yearly shot.... that he remembers. I'm working on making this easier for him and hoping this will be the start for that. My preparations include, his security blanket, stuffed animals, a nestle crunch bar and a visit to the Magic Kingdom. Oh, yeah, a lesson on deep breathing if he's willing to focus. OK, I gotta sleep. :brushteeth: Nighty Night.

Good Morning Y'all!

"Happy Halloween"

As usual, running late this morning again. I get side tracked, then look at the clock and wonder where the heck the time went! I got up at 4:15 too!

Tonight is the halloween party on the street, of course we are going to get a cold front moving in! I guess that will just make it feel more like halloween though!

I will just be getting home as they are closing down the street! They are grilling and eating dinner outside tonight. I have my candy all ready!

Now, y'all be carefull out there tonight, Because the Goblins will get you if you don't watch out"

Later my friends!

Mandy-Life does get to be to much sometimes. I'm sorry that your grieving it does take a while. Try not to stress about the party stuff. The Gummy worms did make me laugh because I do the same thing! Then I look at the calories and have night mares! Go buy a bag of grapes and a bag of almonds. Keep them out on the counter at all times! And when you need to crunch or squirt go for it..lol..

Hugs..

Sherry-I hate that! I'm going on 2 weeks with no PBing yay! Feel better.

Kat-You crack me up! Please don't steal my will power completely...I'll give you some though...ALLACAZAMMMMM...DO YOU FEEL IT?

Patty-I used to get my self sick when I had to take the kids in for shots. I would be so upset just thinking about them being upset. Your planning very well. That blanket, stuffed animal, candy, Magic Kingdom and Mommy hugs...WOW what a lucky boy.

DS and I made a real cute costume for hisGF. She loves Peanut Butter so we made her a Jif jar! It really came out great. He wanted everything perfect. We had such a nice time together. I will take a picture of her and post it. I miss making costumes. The best one I ever did was when I made my DD a bag of popcorn I'll have to find that picture. I really want to dress up! I think next year we might have to have a party just so I can dress up. I do have a hooker outfit but I just don't think that would be a good thing to wear on a sales call..do you?

Have fun today. Take lots of pictures and STEP AWAY FROM THE CANDY!!!

Happy Halloweenie all..

I am bummed today ~ so was looking forward to wearing my costume today and NO I cannot ~ at least not at work. They sent out a memo before I left that said No costumes. BUMMER

Oh well ~ I can dress up when I take the kids out tonight ~ that is unless I am still in my pissy mood. We are having a pot luck today and I hate it when people put down salad or bag of chips.. LAZY

I made chicken Mole ~ does not take alot of time but yet, it does need effort. Ok Sorry to $&%&.

To bad you are all so far away or I would be joining Mandy for the drink and eating funnel cakes down Patty's.

Well you all have a good day:)

BBL

Hi everyone!

I'm "babysitting" in the new teacher's classroom (my old one) right now. It's Halloween, so the kids are hopped up on sugar and God knows what else. Scary, for real.

Hope everyone is okay, and I'm praying for you, Mandy.

Hugs, Cindy

My band and God may just get me through this yet... There are 21 kids in Abi's class now (a new class was created and the class size finally dropped). My cake mix only made 23 cupcakes, 21 for the kids, 1 for the teacher and 1 for the janitor. None left for me....oh darn. I have resisted the urge to eat all the trick or treat candy so far and I am getting ready to leave for school. I have Abi all dressed up, I will post pics tonight. She is being a punk rock pirate, and she looks too cute. I didn't make her costume this year, a first around here. She wanted this and I bought it, but I had to alter it to fit. I want to dress the dog up, but she just wants to sleep, I think I like her idea better. I'll check in after the party, Mandy

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL!!!!!

Hope everyone has a safe a fun day and night!

Has been busy here, I had another scare this morning, I seriously thought I may be having a heart attack, my jaw and chest hurt so bad!!! I went to see DD at work, and they did an EKG, which was normal, and they did a rush on some blood work, which did not show the enzyme that is there when you really do have a heart attack. The Dr. and the cardiologist have decided my electrolite balance was skewed, and I have esophagitis. I may end up having some fill removed, I have been dealing with more reflux. I am just glad to know it is something that minor!!!

Got the house and all ready for all the little goblins!! Should be fun!

Will check in with all of you later!!! Have fun, be safe!!

Kat

Hope everyone is handing out loads of candy, we have had a total of 2 trick or treaters. It's after 5 already, I think I may have a ton of candy leftover...ugh. We had a blast at the class party, there were 7 trays of cupcakes, so much for being organized huh? One mom sent in punch and I had dixie cups in my car...don't ask. It was fun, the kids had a parade around the school and there were a bunch of seniors from the local houses out watching and clapping, the kids loved it. We have decided to stay in tonight, Abi hit up a few neighbors and we are getting ready to build a fire and hang out in the basement. (that's where the fireplace is) I have a couple of new board games for us to play so that will be our big night. All is well around here. ~Mandy

Oh, Kat hope you are feeling better really soon. Let us know if the unfill helps, I know mine sure did. ~M

Kat - I went back and forth with the reflux when I first got this 2nd fill. I almost went in for an unfill because of it.

Trying to get some "Soup at hand" down. Been kinda sick all day today, nothing seems to sit right in my tummy :) Don't know if it's because I got sick yesterday or if I'm coming down with something. The hour ride home I thought I was going to hurl....acidy stomach.

My last fill was in Dec of last year. Then in Sept I started having some issues with foods that have never been a problem for me. I called the doc and he suggested a soft diet for a few days to see if a break would make the esphogus (sp) relax and work better. It didn't help so I went in for a slight unfill, I have had 100% relief, no PB other than me being stupid (steak not chewed well enough). I can eat Breakfast, something I haven't been able to do since banding. I am still getting smaller, not losing weight but shrinking. I am happier now, I feel better, and I am sure my stomach thanks me. My doc believes that an over restricted band can lead to erosion, not something I want to risk. I was glad to have that tiny bit removed. If in doubt, take some out....that is my new moto. I don't want to lose my band because I was unsure of my fill. ~Mandy

Hey guys, I'm kind of bumbed found out some stuff tonight thats go me real down and confused, not sure what to do or how to handle it feeling totally alone on this one not sure where to go with it. DH just wouldn't get it.

I had 4 or 5 pieces of candy. I could have done better, I was doing better but then when I found this out I sort of said WTF! Gave most to DS GF.

Kat thats scary be careful.