Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orange Juice Is It Ok To Have 4 Day Post

Hello is it ok to drink orange juice? I am 4 days post op.? Or not yet?

Well if you are on Clear Liquids no. It is also very acidic so your stomach may react best to stick with apple juice for now.

Ok thanks.

Apple juice is surprisingly acidic as well. Orange juice is not good for anyone full strength. It packs a TON of sugar. When you drink juice, especially at this stage, dilute it with Water by half. Apple juice went down very nicely for me as a treat the first week. It's not something to drink all the time.

I agree with everyone else... Both juices are very acidic and packed full of sugar. I would avoid them at all cost.. even in the long run. At 3 months out I drink the Light 50 Cran Grape juice on occassion but still have to be careful because those calories add up quick. Remember the sleeve is a tool... if used properly it will serve you well but it will let you drink all of the calories that you want... and then it does you no good at all.

The OP is only 4 days post op. I was on clear liquids for 8 days following my surgery and it included diluted apple juice. I am not recommending drinking it for ever but on her 4th day instead of orange juice yes. Orange juice was not on my post op diet.

I would not drink fruit juice of any kind during your losing phase.

Yeah I was told to stay away from anything citrus. Good luck on your journey!

Apple juice is surprisingly acidic as well. Orange juice is not good for anyone full strength. It packs a TON of sugar. When you drink juice' date=' especially at this stage, dilute it with Water by half. Apple juice went down very nicely for me as a treat the first week. It's not something to drink all the time.[/quote']

My nut could not say that enough. She actually prefers No juices first 6 months

I had diluted no sugar added apple juice for about a week during my clear liquids stage. I was still under 300 calories per day, struggling to get fluids in, and it in no way impeded my weight loss. It was recommended by my surgeon and nutritionist.

It is not something I would consider having past that very short period of time however for the reasons others have mentioned - calories, carbs, etc.

(but I would say orange juice doesn't sound great at this stage as it seems like it would be pretty harsh on your healing tummy. Conjecture on my part though.)

I had orange/ mango juice from jamba juice like 3 or 4 days post op. But only a couple sips. I did fine, but I think that's what got me running to the bathroom!

Oh yea, n for Apple juice, I had that straight out of surgery... The day after anyway. It was the first thing they brought me.

I was told I could have half juice and half Water mix 4 weeks out not before.

The reason I drank a diluted glass a few times in the clear liquid phase is that it's supposed to be one of the natural remedies for Constipation. I don't take medications so I look for natural ways. I DO NOT do prune juice. YUCK!

I was told no orange juice..... I am almost 4 weeks out and still no orange juice.< /p>