Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Can Guess My Weight Loss? Need Your Help!

I see such amazing success on these boards but I can't help but wonder if they are the exceptions or the norm. Here's my dilemma:

I'm hoping for surgery early to mid-December. It's very possible my husband will win an award trip to Mexico leaving March 11. Approx 3 months from date of surgery to date of departure. I have about 100 pounds to lose.

This might be the first time I have ever not prayed for him NOT to win the trip. Seems like everyone at his company is pretty fit and his female boss is an exercise nut. Apparently she often points out people who need to exercise more. I know he loves me, but I do NOT want to embarrass him! The anxiety is killing me.

Realistically, with a good effort toward exercise and eating (but not exercising maniacally), what do people think I could actually lose in that time????

If u start now... Low carb it, and that 100 lb loss is attainable. Even if u don't loose the whol 100 trust me -60 lbs makes a big difference in ur confidance.

Everyone is different. I just looked at my chart and I was down 72 pounds in 13 weeks. I hope that helps. I agree to start low carb now!

I've been in that situation before, and I agree if you start now with substituting 2 meals with Protein Shakes, and then a low carb meal for dinner, you can lose at least 40 pounds by surgery. The key is to keep your body in ketosis and the weight will melt off. Depending on your weight now, it may be possible to lose 100 pounds in 3 months, but that's usually not the norm. By starting early, you'll have a spectacular looking liver for surgery and that 100 pound loss for Mexico.

I am 11 weeks out and have lost 45 lbs. I do not exercise - and I'm eating around 1000 calories. I've got about 30-40 lbs to go.

This might be the first time I have ever not prayed for him NOT to win the trip. Seems like everyone at his company is pretty fit and his female boss is an exercise nut. Apparently she often points out people who need to exercise more. I know he loves me, but I do NOT want to embarrass him! The anxiety is killing me.

Being a guy I tried to put myself in his shoes. I also love my wife and have never been embarrassed by her even at her highest weight. She has always returned that support to me except when my shirt hiked up over my formerly big belly and my rolls were exposed out the bottom. :blink:

When anyone is the least bit rude to my wife, my grey back gorilla surfaces and then my wife has the task of holding me back. I'm afraid I would put my job in jeopardy if my boss ran her mouth at my wife. I do not suffer tyrants gracefully.

That being said, perhaps you guys are more civilized than I. I think your husband will be so proud of you that nothing said by Ms. LaLanne will phase him.

That being said' date=' perhaps you guys are more civilized than I. I think your husband will be so proud of you that nothing said by Ms. LaLanne will phase him.[/quote']

I have to agree with this....if anything he will be embarrassed by his boss, not by you. You are the love of his life.

I was sleeved on June 18, 2012, and I'm down 75 lbs in 3 months, but I go to the gym almost every day cause I want this darn fat off of my body NOW!!!!! So yes if you start now you can do it!

Have you talked to your husband about how you feel? Honestly if I was taking someone I loved along with me on a trip I wouldn't have a second thought about what my coworkers and boss thought about them. I have a feeling he is probably proud to be with you, and that you're the only one worrying about this =) But you will be down quite a bit by then. I'm about 9 weeks out now and down 47 pounds. I feel like a different person sometimes as far as my confidence, which is apparent to people even more than weight I think.

Wow. I truly hope that you outrank his boss. My husband pouts when I can't go to events with him- at any weight. I would suggest what others have, ASK him! Talk to him.

But, that being said, yes, you can certainly lose the weight by March. Start now on a really low carb meal plan. I wasn't losing weight (i'm a 51 yr old female) on a low calorie plan. As soon as i went low carb like less than 10 a day, i lost 30+ pounds in 3 months. If it weren't for the surgery, I doubt i would have kept if off. However, I'm 5 weeks post-op and my body is in a major stall w no weight loss or inches lost. I've lost about 6 more pounds since pre-surgery. It HAS made a diff in how I look, feel, and present myself. And I know its not coming back. So my point is, if this really bothers you, start w a serious low carb and see how your body reacts. Mine loved it. You should be able to lose weight by march, but do it for yourself. Not him or his ignorant boss.

Like so many have said, everyone is different. My first piece of advice before I say anything else is don't compare yourself to anyone else. Sometimes you have to look at where people are coming from that have lost 100lbs in 3 months. Not all the time, but likely they have more weight to lose, 150-200 lbs (ex: BlueOctoberGirl above has lost 156lbs total). The heavier you are, the faster you lose. I had about 80lbs to lose, and lost 41 lbs in the first 3 months. At the time of my surgery, I only had a 3 day pre-op, so I did not lose anything there and in the beginning I was average to a little slower than average weight loss. If you put the pressure on yourself or have the expectation to lose 100lbs in 3 months, you are going to be miserable.

As for your husband, I think everyone is right. He loves you and I am sure he isn't even thinking about it. Going with him, being there with him, and having a good time would mean more to him than you being 100lbs lighter!

I gotta say F his boss it’s a miserable person who has to make herself feel better by saying others look bad.

Pity her for her lack of inner grace and confidence.

she's in a high position I take it and that’s how she makes herself feel better?

Pffffff its sad.

Don’t let that woman put you off celebrating the win with your husband you know what you are doing for your health and size and is none of anyone’s business any judgement or comment she makes is worthless to you and your husband.

If he was embarrassed by you he wouldn’t have told you, you can go.

3 months after the op you’re going to want a nice holiday its draining so go enjoy it soak up some sun and do some romantic things with your husband and forget her, her comments if she dares to say anything and enjoy the trip!

Thank you all for your kind words. My husband and I have discussed it and he is just worried that I will be uncomfortable. He knows me and how I think. If I am overly self-conscious about how I look, I won't have a good time. If I'm not having a good time, neither will he. I would love for this to be the start of a new sex (what?) filled relationship for us with plane rides (what?) and everything!

Every one losses differently.... but I am 7 months out and 76 lbs down... I can go to the beach and not fill like a whale. I think you should relax concentrate on getting health while you wait on surgery. You will be so happy when you see the wieght coming off.

I think you need to control your internal voices and fear (easier said than done I know)

Honestly even at 425lbs my highest I didn’t give a F what people thought, I dressed well for my size I have super long legs and I had massive boobs (rapidly deflating as we speak lol) trust me I showed them off regardless of the middle lol

I never worried about my clothes to be tugging on them, my clothes fit so no need too, people a lot smaller than me and I mean some a size 8 uk 6us would be constantly worried how they look.

Just enjoy yourself hush the internal chatter and enjoy.

I’ve been big my whole life I was around 320lbs at 13 so I mean my whole life at 16 I decided not to let my size control my life I wasn’t gonna sit at home and be depressed or cry about it never go out or if I did worry what others were thinking so it never took over me.

This can be the start of anything you want new way you see yourself, a more active spicy sex life, not letting other people glances make you internally spaz they are thinking things about you- its up to you what you want to do and if you will let things trigger old habits and send your cogs turning or not.

Maybe they are just thinking what a lucky guy his wife is happy and they look really good together- you never know what’s in people minds so don’t try and work it out you will be better off not worrying about it and just do you and your hubby that’s all that matters anyway hun.