Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Even though I am cleared to eat a greater variety of foods than I am currently eating, I go back to earlier options. It doesn't make sense, but I also try little bits of things that are not quite allowed yet. My sleeve is guiding me, not my mouth. Regardless of how my taste buds feel about it, if my sleeve likes it then it gets what it likes.

I had some organic chicken and vegetables baby food for supper last night. Even salt didn't help the taste much, but my sleeve loved it and I could eat the whole 3 oz. I also had 1.5 whites from two boiled eggs. Both worked great.

Vegan black bean Soup at lunch last Thursday was a bust. I probably had 4 spoons of the broth and maybe 10 Beans in all. That was all I could take of that. Unfortunately, a shortbread cookie went down just fine. Trying some Pork rinds from the break room at work was a truly horrible idea. I felt like concrete had been poured in my stomach and the feeling lasted for over 4 hours.

I still haven't thrown up anything so far, nor have I felt even close to that experience. What I do feel is something like having a handfull of gravel in my stomach, which is extremely unpleasant. I don't see giving up shakes anytime in the foreseeable future. They are too soothing to my stomach, regardless of what my taste buds think.

Most days I eat under 500 calories and I've lost 29 lbs in 40 days which is probably an average loss. I've seen a lot of people who have lost a lot more and a lot less in the same amount of time. I've gone over 500 a few times, but not very far and those were days when I was tasting something I probably shouldn't have.

My surgery was 9/10. I'm eating about 600 calories/day and at least 60 gr Protein. Keeping carbs around 50-60 but if I go over, I'm not too concerned. Not enough fat to even worry about.

I eat pretty much any meat I want - chicken (grilled or canned), shrimp (boiled or grilled), salmon (grilled or canned), tuna (canned - though I'm going to have seared tonight!), steak, hamburger, other grilled fish. No problems with any of it. I eat 2 oz at lunch & 2 oz at dinner. Along with a veggie and a starch once a day, I'm content - not stuffed, not still hungry. Can't always finish all of the veggie and starch.

Veggies - no problems with cooked or raw. No problems with fruit but I don't eat much of it.

LOTS of Greek yogurt (vanilla or flavored or with fruit on the bottom - I LOVE the Dannon Light & Fit - only 80 calories, 12 gr protein & 9 carbs). Yogurt is what I almost always have for Breakfast during the week. Cottage cheese (2%) - love it with some applesauce & cinnamon "sugar" (I use Nectesse instead of sugar)

I've lost 40 pounds so far (includes 9 that I lost on the pre-surgery diet). Not quite as fast as I'd like to be losing, but I'm OK with it. Especially since I'm not exercising like I should be.

Weird thing is that while my jeans are definitely looser, I don't feel that I've really gone down a size. But maybe they were just that much on the tight side before :( Shirts are certainly looser and I've gone from a 2x to a 1x though I still wear many of my 2x's - they're just a bit large now.

Can't wait until I really need to toss all of my current clothes!!!!!

I need to get back on the exercise bandwagon.

I'm finally feeling better. Better in that I'm not as tired...so I'm cooking again. Right now some Mulligatawny Stew is stewing in my kitchen. Calls for white rice....yeah, I don't think so...got some brown rice. Thought about quinoa when I got home from the store. Next time. Man it smells good with the curries in it. It's just filling the house with yumminess.

pretty welcome. just think if you eat it, you might get sick and you dont want to do that in public

justine i missed you

wow everyone is doing great so proud of us yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

well i cant have any artifical sweetners had the runs and gas for a whole day not good at all. im finally liking breakfast bacon and scrambled egg whites is so good to me and its not as bad as you think. the fat and salt content are low good source of protien also and very little carbs maybe 1 gram.

Mulligatawny Stew is stewing in my kitchen. Man it smells good with the curries in it. It's just filling the house with yumminess.

I'd love your recipe - Mulligatawny Stew - YUM!

Okay GETTING THERE, here you go:

1 cup chopped onion ( I just chopped two smaller onions)

4 stalks celery, chopped

3 carrots, diced (I added an extra one...generally it's 2)

1/2 cup butter

3 Tbs. all-purpose flour

1 Tbs curry powder, reg

1 Tbs red curry powder

8 cups chicken broth

2 apples, peeled, cored & chopped

1 cup brown rice (cooked separately in more chicken broth)

3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

Salt and pepper

2 pinches (about 1 tsp.) thyme

1 cup heavy cream, heated

Saute onions, celery, carrots & butter in large Soup pot. Add flour & curries and cook for 5 minutes, adding chicken stock slowly to make sure there are no lumps. Add salt and pepper to your taste (I used about 1 tsp. salt and maybe 1/2 tsp. of pepper). Add in chicken breasts and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, cook brown rice according to directions on your package. Chop apples. Remove chicken. Add apples, and shred chicken and add back to the pot. Add cooked brown rice. Add cream when serving.

This makes a BIG pot. You can easily halve the recipe. I'm kind of a non-measuring type of cook, although I did measure the curries. Now, you don't have to use red curry at all. You can just use the regular kind. The red is just a bit more spicey, but it's really good. And since this vsg, I find I need more flavor in my food. It's so weird. I also made a big pot, cause I honestly don't want to have to cook every stinking night. I love left overs. And Soups and stews just get better as the days go by. My family will be having crusty bread with this. I probably will have a bite of the bread. But that's all. Tiny tum can only hold so much.

Enjoy!!!

Sounds divine! And I LOVE red curry so I'll add an extra pinch :) Thanks so much!

ok guys i have a bacon problem. im craving it i guess i found that food that appeals to me not buying anymore after this batch.

Has anyone noticed an increase in hair shedding yet? Its starting to freak me out even though only i notice it. I will admit I am vain about my hair haha

I'm getting about 70 grams of Protein.

The idea is to get about 22-25 per meal.

Breakfast

1 scrambled egg with 2 oz turkey sausage= 21

1/2 banana.

2 tbs avocado.

lunch

3 oz moist chicken 21 Protein

1 cup salad

Low fat dressing

Apple

dinner

3 oz baked white fish= 21 protein

1/2 cup zucchini

1/2 cup low sugar fruit cup

Before I get any grief about this being to much food' date=' hear me out.

My NUT said to focus on the protein first with a little of the veggies (to avoid constipation) if you can't finish everything try to come back within an hour to finish

the meal. If not split it into 2 small meals.

I have been doing this and it really does work. I haven't had another Protein shake which is okay with me.[/quote']

Thank you for sharing. I'm going to try some of this and I like the idea of if I don't finish something just have it a later in the day.