Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Post Op! Need Advice

I am currently 3 weeks post op and to be honest I am having a hard time. I seem to be able to only eat about two teaspoons of food and after that i feel very nauseated. Is this normal?

Everyone has a different experience - but I had a similar experience. I would concentrate on trying to get as much liquid in as possible right now, Vitamins if you can, Protein drinks a sip at a time (ice in everything helped me) - I got a bit dehydrated and was like a wilted plant the first month - I had my husband picked up some regular gatorade - not the sugar free, had a couple ounces of that and it was like the clouds parted and the sunshine came out. I perked up A LOT after that bottle of Gatorade - it did take a bit before my nausea subsided, About 6-8 weeks.

As Protein shakes were disgusting to me at that point I drank a lot of Protein chicken Soup - the Advanced health systems brand - which is a generic that lots of offices have - the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken I was excited about but has a taste and smell that was/is utterley repulsive to me.

I have to agree on the Unjury chicken soup...it's not my fave...the unflavored isn't bad.

For my nausea, I have a patch that I wear behind my ear, and that I change every 3 days. The doctor also gave me a dissolves-in-you-mouth anti-nausea pill that I take every 6 hours...which works like a charm. Maybe that can work for you.

I am currently 3 weeks post op and to be honest I am having a hard time. I seem to be able to only eat about two teaspoons of food and after that i feel very nauseated. Is this normal?

I got same nausea and I used fresh lemon slice on my tongue and it instantly goes away. I now no longer get nausea, but the lemon slice worked many a times.

I got same nausea and I used fresh lemon slice on my tongue and it instantly goes away. I now no longer get nausea' date=' but the lemon slice worked many a times.[/quote']

Seriously??! Wow! I need to try that. What an awesome trick! Fingers crossed that it works for me.

Peppermint oil calms nausea. Buy at a healthfood market, sniff it when you are nauseous. It helps!

bmi.png

Like the one poster said, try a liquid with calories in it (like Gatorade). You're getting in so few right now that your body is not having enough to run off of.

Call your doc for some nausea meds and let them know what's going on. A couple of teaspoons every 2-3 hours is ok at this early, early stage.

Good luck! it does get better with time.

I'm in the same boat. I've just decided that I'm gonna suck it up. This is a small payment for getting the weight off and getting healthy. It'll settle down soon. (I hope)