Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did/does Anyone Else Feel This Way?

These are my daily thoughts and conversations with myself (the VST names are fictitious!)

You Dana are daydreaming if you think this will work.... Ha! Here you go again...thinking you can actually win this battle...

NO really, look... FattyCathy lost 101 pounds in less than a year, SleevaDiva lost 92 pounds in 6 months, TubbyMummy lost 50 pounds in 3 months.. don't be ridiculous Dana, do you really think YOU will be able to lose that kind of weight? YOU are different...you are destined to stay fat and live a half life...those others must have something you don't.

No really, this could be different. ......Could this possibly really actually be different? Maybe, yes, maybe it can... .... oh please, don't get your hopes up. You'll let them poke 5 holes in your stomach, blow it up like you're 7 months pregnant and then slice off of 90% of it. FOR NOTHING. You'll be throwing up, getting nausea inducing bloating off 3 green Beans and having to concentrate like it's a full time job on sip sip sip sip sip, chew chew chew chew, don't throw up, did you get your Protein in today?, maybe I have a leak, uh oh- that pureed egg salad Soup did not agree with me, trying Protein powder brand #63 --taking one sip and gagging -- and on to brand #64...., oh thank God, it's been 4 weeks-- I can finally eat the Gerber pureed liver and brussell sprouts- yum!!........... all of this will be for NOTHING, because you are delusional if you think YOU will finally shed the monster that has consumed your life for 40 years. YOU are destined to stay fat -- and your surgeon will be dumbfounded by the fact that YOU (the failure) are not losing weight...he'll think, well she must be sucking down Haagen Daz by the gallon every day... wow, what a failure...Never thought I'd find a fat person that could not lose weight with this... Dana Must Be the First Person In the World who has been an utter failure at not losing weight under starvation conditions.. yep, he'll find you out...you are just a failure.....now just go back to worrying that if you die at home in the shower the paramedics will have to lift your 260lb naked ass to load you and then the funeral home will have to special order an Elvis Presley casket...... but maybe, Oh please God, maybe this COULD work?

And all of these thoughts are in just the first 9 minutes since I woke up....

So VERY VERY TRUE!!

Thanks for the laugh!

Spot on- Thank you!!!

Wow, you must be exhausted from waking up. Don't let your thoughts get going. Tell them to be quiet and think positive thoughts like: I'm going to be one hot skinny B**** and eat healthier and have a longer life to play with kids, pets, and grand children. Those thought are your fears coming up and are trying to sabotage you. Don't let them begin. I know it's not easy, but you can catch them in the beginning and change them. You got this girl! :)

Yes I feel like that sometimes. Especially at my size. Lately I haven't eaten the healthiest stuff, missed a ton of Protein Shakes and even broke down and drank a bottle of diet coke. So I really feel like I'm letting myself and everyone else who believes in me down and that I'll never even get close to my goal weight. And seeing others success stories really can be a double edge sword at times. Yes while they do inspire me and make me realize it can be done and people can and have achieved their goals and dropped massive amounts of weight, it also makes me feel like a complete loser who could never be fortunate enough to have those kind of results.

This is very normal! I think most of us thought this way bf surgery. Nothing worked before why would it work now? It will work, it really will! A year from now you will be looking back with a smile when you read posts like this from other people because you will be so happy with your new self and know that it really did work!!

Not everyone gets sick. I have never once thrown up since I had the surgery not even once! My recovery was an easy one. Learning to eat again wasn't bad, eventually it just becomes habit. Also, I enjoyed my Protein Drink, I still drink one every morning. I just happen to like them.

You can do this and you will be so happy you did!

These are my daily thoughts and conversations with myself (the VST names are fictitious!)

You Dana are daydreaming if you think this will work.... Ha! Here you go again...thinking you can actually win this battle...

NO really' date=' look... FattyCathy lost 101 pounds in less than a year, SleevaDiva lost 92 pounds in 6 months, TubbyMummy lost 50 pounds in 3 months.. don't be ridiculous Dana, do you really think YOU will be able to lose that kind of weight? YOU are different...you are destined to stay fat and live a half life...those others must have something you don't.

No really, this could be different. ......Could this possibly really actually be different? Maybe, yes, maybe it can... .... oh please, don't get your hopes up. You'll let them poke 5 holes in your stomach, blow it up like you're 7 months pregnant and then slice off of 90% of it. FOR NOTHING. You'll be throwing up, getting nausea inducing bloating off 3 green Beans and having to concentrate like it's a full time job on sip sip sip sip sip, chew chew chew chew, don't throw up, did you get your Protein in today?, maybe I have a leak, uh oh- that pureed egg salad Soup did not agree with me, trying Protein Powder brand #63 --taking one sip and gagging -- and on to brand #64...., oh thank God, it's been 4 weeks-- I can finally eat the Gerber pureed liver and brussell sprouts- yum!!........... all of this will be for NOTHING, because you are delusional if you think YOU will finally shed the monster that has consumed your life for 40 years. YOU are destined to stay fat -- and your surgeon will be dumbfounded by the fact that YOU (the failure) are not losing weight...he'll think, well she must be sucking down Haagen Daz by the gallon every day... wow, what a failure...Never thought I'd find a fat person that could not lose weight with this... Dana Must Be the First Person In the World who has been an utter failure at not losing weight under starvation conditions.. yep, he'll find you out...you are just a failure.....now just go back to worrying that if you die at home in the shower the paramedics will have to lift your 260lb naked ass to load you and then the funeral home will have to special order an Elvis Presley casket...... but maybe, Oh please God, maybe this COULD work?

And all of these thoughts are in just the first 9 minutes since I woke up....[/quote']

Its amazing we all think the same!!! Best wishs!!

I had a nightmare about this very thing. The only one who couldn't lose. I was ridiculed just as I was in Junior High. Thank you for putting this out there. You just made me feel a lot better that I'm not the only one thinking this won't work for me.

NO really, look... FattyCathy lost 101 pounds in less than a year, SleevaDiva lost 92 pounds in 6 months, TubbyMummy lost 50 pounds in 3 months.. don't be ridiculous Dana, do you really think YOU will be able to lose that kind of weight? YOU are different...you are destined to stay fat and live a half life...those others must have something you don't.

No really, this could be different. ......Could this possibly really actually be different? Maybe, yes, maybe it can... .... oh please, don't get your hopes up. You'll let them poke 5 holes in your stomach, blow it up like you're 7 months pregnant and then slice off of 90% of it. FOR NOTHING. You'll be throwing up, getting nausea inducing bloating off 3 green Beans and having to concentrate like it's a full time job on sip sip sip sip sip, chew chew chew chew, don't throw up, did you get your Protein in today?, maybe I have a leak, uh oh- that pureed egg salad Soup did not agree with me, trying Protein powder brand #63 --taking one sip and gagging -- and on to brand #64...., oh thank God, it's been 4 weeks-- I can finally eat the Gerber pureed liver and brussell sprouts- yum!!........... all of this will be for NOTHING, because you are delusional if you think YOU will finally shed the monster that has consumed your life for 40 years. YOU are destined to stay fat -- and your surgeon will be dumbfounded by the fact that YOU (the failure) are not losing weight...he'll think, well she must be sucking down Haagen Daz by the gallon every day... wow, what a failure...Never thought I'd find a fat person that could not lose weight with this... Dana Must Be the First Person In the World who has been an utter failure at not losing weight under starvation conditions.. yep, he'll find you out...you are just a failure.....now just go back to worrying that if you die at home in the shower the paramedics will have to lift your 260lb naked ass to load you and then the funeral home will have to special order an Elvis Presley casket...... but maybe, Oh please God, maybe this COULD work?

And all of these thoughts are in just the first 9 minutes since I woke up....

Pretty much exactly what i thought pre-op, and thought half way through the losing process, but here I am at goal, made goal 8 months out and have been maintaining since.

I do think that you should be prepared for plenty of weight loss, but also know not everyone can make it down into the "normal" weight range. I am in the overweight range at goal- and I am still happy as a clam. I am a size 12, wear mediums and larges, and I couldn't be happier. Ask your self if you are ok with that kind of result.... don't get me wrong though... plenty of people can lose all their weight and become a size 2-- including yourself.

bottom line: YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT

so so very true! another great post. Was feeling alittle out of it today and after reading that i couldnt help but smile!

Holy Crap! And I thought I was the only one! I am beginning my 4th week post op and down 16 lbs. I know...that is good...right? I have thought this very same thing over the last several days. Every time I eat something, I feel like it just don't go down right...wondering if somewhere down the line I have eat too much or if I have a leak when I get heartburn or if that basket of towels I lifted (that barely weighed 3 lbs) was too much...geesh...it's mind boggling what goes through our heads...wondering at what point I am going to break down and put that peice of pizza in the blender...LOL!...and wondering when I am going to sabotage this process. You are not alone in this, girl! I am just glad to know I am not rowing that boat all by myself! It helps to know that! :blink:

...wondering at what point I am going to break down and put that peice of pizza in the blender...LOL!.. :blink:

I'm laughing out loud at this one!!! :)

Hilarious! WE will do this. I keep wondering why I can drink so much? liquids only but still. I can drink 1/2 cup. Is that strange. dr. follow up this week.

NO really' date=' look... FattyCathy lost 101 pounds in less than a year, SleevaDiva lost 92 pounds in 6 months, TubbyMummy lost 50 pounds in 3 months.. don't be ridiculous Dana, do you really think YOU will be able to lose that kind of weight? YOU are different...you are destined to stay fat and live a half life...those others must have something you don't.

And all of these thoughts are in just the first 9 minutes since I woke up....[/quote']

Your thoughts are funny and sad at the same time. I, too, keep thinking I will be the only on that this won't work for. Sleeved 8/28/12. Have lost 35 lbs. since first doctors visit. Still on full liquids and actually enjoying my EAS Advantage Protein Drink. But, I'm thirsty all the time. Will I ever be able to chug a bottle of cold Water again?