Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cigna Approved Me!

Yay! Finally, I got a call from my doctor's coordinator and they sent it in and got disapproved and then they fixed something and after they sent it back in it was approved in about a week. Now I am waiting for the call to get my preop and surgery scheduled. They changed my doctor though because apparently Dr. Scarborough is out of network and Dr. Yu is in network so he will be doing the surgery.

YAY!!!

Pinky, GREAT NEWS!!!

Now I'm anxiously waiting for them to schedule me. How long does it usually take to get the surgery after you are approved. My doctor has a 2 week pre-op diet so I assume it will be at least 2 weeks from now but since I haven't gotten the call to be scheduled I'm not sure when that will start.

I was approved through Cigna as well. Mine was approved pretty quick, I think once my Dr submitted it I was approved in about 4 days. Prior to my insurance approval they allowed me to tenatively schedule my surgery. It wasn't etched in stone, but as long as nobody else requested that date it was mine. By the time my insurance approved it was still available. So once my insurance approved my surgery was only a few weeks out. The process seemed really fast and easy with Cigna. Now I am a week out from surgery. I only have a 5 day pre-op liquid diet that I start Sunday since surgery is a week from today. Monday I go to the hospital to do all the pre-op blood work and pre-register and all that stuff. I guess how fast you get scheduled depends on your doc and what else they have you do before surgery. Good luck :)

Congrats, I am hoping with all my might BC/BS approves me too. I was denied once, then my appeal was denied and now I resubmitted with a new doctor, so I am hoping!

Congrats' date=' I am hoping with all my might BC/BS approves me too. I was denied once, then my appeal was denied and now I resubmitted with a new doctor, so I am hoping![/quote']

Can you share why you were denied originally?

bmi.png

Well, they needed a letter of medical necessity and a medical release from my PCP and she sent it as one letter and they only counted it as the release.

That was easy! Good for you!

Yay! Finally' date=' I got a call from my doctor's coordinator and they sent it in and got disapproved and then they fixed something and after they sent it back in it was approved in about a week. Now I am waiting for the call to get my preop and surgery scheduled. They changed my doctor though because apparently Dr. Scarborough is out of network and Dr. Yu is in network so he will be doing the surgery.[/quote']

Omg are you in Houston!!?! My doctor is Dr Yu downtown off binz!!! Good luck! I have Cigna too I will be done with all the pre op paperwork and what not by the end of the month and wil submit. I'm so nervous they will deny my surgery

Yay! Finally' date=' I got a call from my doctor's coordinator and they sent it in and got disapproved and then they fixed something and after they sent it back in it was approved in about a week. Now I am waiting for the call to get my preop and surgery scheduled. They changed my doctor though because apparently Dr. Scarborough is out of network and Dr. Yu is in network so he will be doing the surgery.[/quote']

I love Dr. Yu. He sleeved me on the 28th.

Did cigna require 6 months with a nut

I had Cigna Open Access, so I had 3 total NUT visits required. I don't know if the Cignas are different though.

I have Cigna as well. They recently changed the policy in May from 6 to 3 months. Wouldn't you know I was finishing up month 6 in June! SMH. I was initially denied as well due to a missing medical clearance, but now I'm approved! Still have a way to go until surgery b/c of class and work schedule.

Did cigna require 6 months with a nut

WIth my plan they only required a 3 month visit with nutritionist. From my experience and what my insurance contact at the Dr office told me Cigna is actually good for approving, just as long as they have all the paperwork needed because they do deny for the littlest things. Mine was approved on the first try and I had a lot of extra stuff that way needed for approval, just different approvals from different dr's. I did have an *** with cigna and was nervous because I always thought ***'s were difficult to get WLS approved through.